Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Detroit - Night 2! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   Detroit - Night 2!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Detroit - Night 2!  (Read 1161 times)
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

Detroit - Night 2!
« on: Mar 7th, 2007, 10:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Was another great night! Tara and I got there around 6:00pm.  

The setlist was almost the same, except for two songs that they didn't play last night but played tonight, NAKED AND BURNING UP!!

Man, that was such a great show! The security guards were awful nice to us this time.  

Someone made a posterboard of lyrics to Acoustic #3, because John forgot the words last night. I love that man's laugh. It's infectious.  

I love double headers. If they ever do that again, I am so there!!

I'll write more tomorrow, I'm pretty exhausted! Tongue  

And I promise I'll post some of my pictures from last night. I didn't take much tonight because I wanted to enjoy the show a little more!
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: Detroit - Night 2!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 11:07pm »

They also played Can't Let it Go!!!!! I was so excited to finally hear that one live. They didn't play We'll Be Here or Give A Little Bit tonight. But I was okay with that to hear NAKED, CAN'T LET IT GO and BURNING UP!!! Woo Hoo!!!! I absolutely LOVE the new intro to Naked.

I met up with Lauren and Tara but then went down a little closer with two of my friends. We weren't at the rail tonight but that's okay. We stood on the first elevated tier just behind the GA floor. I figured that would be good enough to see well. Boy was I wrong. We were dead center. But every tall guy over 6' seemed to decide to stand right in front of us. The tallest one of us was 5'2". It's just sad that while elevated we still were mostly looking at the back of heads. I HATE being short! I did my best to get pictures but it was so hard with the lighting and trying to get that shot between heads.  

But despite the not so great view the show was awesome. They sounded great. The crowd was really into them. Detroit loves Goo! There's just nothing like live Goo!!!!

Tonight I was able to actually hear Augustana so I enjoyed them so much more. The first show I was just too close and all I could hear was the guitar.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2007, 12:06pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

Re: Detroit - Night 2!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 8th, 2007, 4:22pm »

That's so cool you got to hear those songs!  I would have been really sad not to hear We'll Be Here, though, because I LOVE that song.  But anyways, I'm short too and mostly just have to see the back of heads during concerts so I know how you feel!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]