Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « El Paso Show »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   El Paso Show
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: El Paso Show  (Read 1129 times)
collegeunm
Goo God

View Profile

El Paso Show
« on: Feb 18th, 2007, 3:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The El Paso show was great!!!!!!

this is my review of the El Paso Show.......
The day started for me at 4:30 am, had to be at the airport by 5:30 am....woke up and it was snowing in the Land Of the Boring, aka Albuquerque NM, and it caused my flight to delayed by 3 hrs, sat on the plane the entire time, they let us off but 5 minutes later the runways reopened.....gave me a new reason to HATE snow, almost caused me to miss the show.

So my niece and I got to el paso, which flying with a 7 yr old almost 8 yr old who has never flown before so was scared, is not a fun thing. My niece was crying the entire time....she even yelled for someone to help her.....she was freakin' out.  She got through it though......she did much better on the way home though even with the turbelance that we encountered when we got back into albuquerque during the decent. I was proud of how good she did, of course she and I was singing whenever she got scared on the way home....this is the song we were singing.....it started with singing...you are my sunshine but then we changed songs to sugar pie hunny bun don't you know I love you.....that helped her out....she did get the guy sitting next to her to hold her hand though.....

Anyways, we left the hotel at around 300, got to downtown el paso, where the plaza theatre is located took a couple pic of the marquee. We had about 4 hrs to kill, so we walked around town, I made my niece hold on to me the entire time. One observation, majority of the stores names were in spanish, sure can tell that the el paso is close to the border.

We got back to the Plaza Theatre at about 5 pm and we then just played I spy while we waited, it seemed to make the time go by faster.  Got me a Augustana picture, thinking that it was a picture of the Goo Goo Dolls.  I took it anyways. They let the meet and greet winners go in and then shortly after they opened the doors. Couldn't get to my seat though because the seating area was closed because that was where the meet and greet was taking place.  

At 7:30 they finally let us in and I found my seat, 6th row center....Great seats!!!!! My niece and I werde just sitting there looking around at the theatre and then a friend of mine who was in the meet and greet pic was there, turns out that she and her husband were right next to me, thought that was pretty cool.

So at 8 pm Augustana came on, they were great. They really know how to entertain the audience. The lead singer said at one point that he forgot to give his girlfriend anything, no flowers or anything.  He made the comment that she gave birth to a 7 pound baby and the least he could do could to remember valentine's day, he did say that he took her shopping in El Paso.  He dedicated a song to her, which was cool.  I definitely have to go out and buy their cd.

Then at about 9 pm they were done, at about 9:15 or 9:30 the Goo's came on, started with Dizzy.  I have a video of the opening, their entrance, will upload that tomorrow I think.  They did an awesome job.  

The set list ---in no particular order

Stay With You
Dizzy
Let Love In
Broadway
We'll Be Here (When You're Gone)
Slide
Iris
Become
Feel The Silence
Give A Little Bit
Name
Acoustic #3
Can't Let It Go
Better Days
Burning Up
January Friend
Tucked Away
Big Machine

The show was great, 10:30 pm came and the end of the show.  The show was only an hour long, it was shorter then the show I went to in July...a little bit of a bummer but oh well, I still enjoyed the show emensely.

One of the best things about the show is that for 2 songs my niece and I got to go up to the stage. The security there came to us and told us that we can go up, I stayed up there until they told me to go.  That was awesome. I made sure to thank the guy before I went back to my seat.  

I have about 130 pics (augustana and goo pics) and a couple of vids.  Got more pics this time that came out then at the albuquerque show.

Some lady in the front brought black balloons and was blowing them up when augustana came on and passed them around and also threw some back and people were hitting the balloons up in the air during some of augustana's set.  

GREAT SHOW OVERALL though.

more of my pics are over at the AG gallery!!!

Shannon
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: El Paso Show
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18th, 2007, 6:14pm »

Thanks for the review Shannon. I'm so glad you and your niece enjoyed the show and that she survived her first flight.  

This picture is amazing. I bet the rest are fantastic!
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

mamacatkaren
Naked

View Profile

Re: El Paso Show
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2007, 5:34pm »

thank you shannon!!!

luv peace and goo
karen
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]