Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « DES MOINES SHOW (and pics)!!! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   DES MOINES SHOW (and pics)!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DES MOINES SHOW (and pics)!!!  (Read 1177 times)
dizzilyblue
I'm Addicted

I have a Goo site.  :)  Yay.

View Profile WWW

DES MOINES SHOW (and pics)!!!
« on: Jul 20th, 2006, 9:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This was my ninth Goo show, and it was one of the best for me!  I was one of the IM meet-and-greet winners, so that was very exciting; I got to shake Robby, John, and Mike's hand, as well as stand in-between Robby and John for the photo.  Cheesy  I followed starrgazerr (sorry, i never caught your actual name!) to the front on Robby's side, just about three people back.  A few songs into the Goos' set, the people in front of us decided to leave (to get out of the blazing heat of the room, I imagine), so I suddenly found myself in the FRONT ROW!  Cheesy  Because of this, I was able to snap some great pictures without too much obstruction.  

This isn't the exact setlist or order, just roughly what they played . . .

Stay With You
Slide
Feel the Silence
Black Balloon
Smash
Tucked Away
We'll Be Here
Iris
Give a Little Bit
Listen
Name
Broadway
Better Days
January Friend
Full ForeverHuh
Let Love In

ENCORE:
Become

When John busted out the SuperSoaker, he asked the crowd, "Do you want it in the face or on the chest?"  He brought out the watergun about three times during the show, even inviting Mike to get off the drumset and take a few shots at the audience; Mike stood up centerstage, but he didn't get around to shooting anyone.  

John was a little more active on stage this time around, even getting on his knees during one song ("Let Love In"?).  He even thanked us for being really fun, especially since I think (yeah, don't quote me) he even said he initially didn't want to come here (to Iowa, I assume).  

Robby was EXTREMELY FUN!!!  Since I was really close, I think I made some extended eye contact a few times; a few songs into their set just after a song ended, it looked like he was looking toward my vicinity, so I blew a kiss toward him just for fun.  Right after I did that, he put both of his hands on his cheeks and tilted his head to the side with an, "Awwww" expression.  It was ADORABLE.  I also like to think that because of all the interaction, he deliberately threw his bass pick my way, which I felt hit my leg, and I was able to pick it up off the floor without a fight (hehe, it says YOU ARE HERE, although all the black ink had been rubbed off on both sides).  

I think I saw the band come out after the show by the busses (or at least I swear I saw Mike), since cameras were going off among the crowd of fans.  They came out a lot sooner than I would have expected, probably within half an hour of the end of the show . . . ?  My friends and I were across the parking lot by my car.  

Yeah, that was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.  If anyone's interested in checking out the photos I took, they're located at http://amandachan.net/2006.07.19/

~ Amanda
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2006, 9:04pm by dizzilyblue » IP Logged

Tumble dry low
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: DES MOINES SHOW (and pics)!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20th, 2006, 9:22pm »

Thanks for the great review. Your pics are GREAT! It looks like the guys were a tad sweaty. I love the one with John and the supersoaker. I keep reading what an awesome show it was. I can't believe you all lasted in that heat.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

your_mom
Dizzy

purdy_lady_00  
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21st, 2006, 2:47am »

lol is it wrong of me to be turned on by that pic of john on his knees with his bare feet?

haha sorry...

anyway, awesome review and thanks for the pictures they were great!
IP Logged

If maturity were a gasoline, you couldnt power an ant's go cart around a donut.
YoursGOOLY
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21st, 2006, 11:41pm »

on Jul 21st, 2006, 2:47am, your_mom wrote:
lol is it wrong of me to be turned on by that pic of john on his knees with his bare feet?

:drool: Me likey, too!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]