Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « *Updated* Leeds & Manch: More Pix »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   *Updated* Leeds & Manch: More Pix
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: *Updated* Leeds & Manch: More Pix  (Read 1027 times)
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

*Updated* Leeds & Manch: More Pix
« on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 9:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, we'll try and keep this as brief as possible although that might not work lol

Started off by meeting up with Michelle & Zuzanna at the train station (thanks again Michelle!) and after a lovely lunch together, we all got freshened up / ready and made our way to the venue at different times.  Met up with even more friends in the queue (one of the best parts of going to a gig in our opinion!) and patiently waited for the time for doors opening.

Once inside, we were amazed at how small the stage was!!! Definitely the smallest we've seen a "big" band play on and the whole vibe was very intimate / raw - a good start!  Managed to get a good spot with our friends and after seeing Tenderbox open (great band) Goo hit the stage about 9.10pm ish and boy did they hit it!!!!! They were absolutely bursting with energy and the pace didn't let up for a minute!!  Other people have posted the setlist around on the internet so we won't go over that lol  The night was full of funny moments including the George Bush impressions & Ronan Keating comments, and a fab moment when the crowd helped John out when it all got a bit muddled in Name.  We almost got flattened in Iris when John jumped down from the stage and onto the railings and stood right smack bang in front of where we were standing - there was no breathing room what with John literally as close as you can imagine and the crowd all pushing forward to get to him!!  We even lost some jewellery in the melee but amazingly found it again at the end!  It really was an incredible evening and the best thing was, we knew this was only the beginning of the tour... to be continued...
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2006, 9:40am by LouAndNic » IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

Re: Our take on Leeds & Manchester with pix
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 9:58am »

Come Manchester we were feeling pretty exhausted but managed to make our way down to the venue and again met up with a whole bunch of very cool fans / friends.  The time passed fairly quickly thanks to Alex & Shona kick starting a sing song and especially in the afternoon when we took a walk round the side of the building, saw the band's bus arrive and to our utter astonishment, were told if we lined up against the wall (about 40 people) the band would come out and sign for everyone.  We all did as we were told and lo and behold Robby jumped off first to a rousing rendition of happy birthday from everyone!  He signed for everyone (as did John and Mike) and we managed to give Robby a birthday card and have him sign our banner (they all did!) we've been taking to every show - he even remembered the banner which was very, very cool.  John was very sweet and thanked us and Mike was saying how much he enjoyed Leeds the night before - was an amazing moment and we couldn't believe it had happened.

Tenderbox were great again and Goo hit the stage about 9pm and were just as full of energy.  There was a real party atmosphere for Robby's birthday - we'd hung happy birthday banners on the rail in front of us and Myshele had brought along party hats / blowers so you can imagine what the band must have thought when they hit the stage to find most of the front row wearing hats / blowing party blowers at them! lol  Was absolutely amazing - same set-list as the night before but we managed to sing Happy Birthday to Robby too.  A few funny moments again, especially with banners people had brought along and then before you knew it, it was all over - things always go so fast when you're having fun!

At the end of the evening we said goodbye to friends etc and waited around for our lift and literally bumped into Tenderbox with our friends and were able to get some pictures.

All in all it's been an amazing couple of days - just can't believe it wasn't all a dream now... we've still got more shows to look forward to!!!

Hope you enjoyed that - it wasn't so brief was it?! lol  Pix to follow....
IP Logged

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:00am »

John and Robby in Leeds

Mr Rzeznik in Leeds

the band hit the stage in Manchester!

Robby in full flow

Mr Rzeznik again!

With Tenderbox - Shell, Liz, Jules, Lou & Nic

Apologies if you've read this story elsewhere - we're so tired at the moment and thought the best way of sharing was to copy and paste!  Will bring further pix a.s.a.p we promise....
IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:21pm »

What a great review! The UK crowds are so pumped and full of energy I can see why the Goos like playing there so much. I'm so happy you both had such great shows and that you have more to come. I look forward to reading about the rest of your shows.

The pictures are fantastic! Thanx so much for sharing with us.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 6:58am »

on Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:21pm, Shannon wrote:
What a great review! The UK crowds are so pumped and full of energy I can see why the Goos like playing there so much. I'm so happy you both had such great shows and that you have more to come. I look forward to reading about the rest of your shows.

The pictures are fantastic! Thanx so much for sharing with us.

Thank you Shannon, will fill you in again at the weekend after Cambridge.  

Have to say that come 9pm last night we were ready for the band to hit the stage again, we were just a few hundred miles out lol
IP Logged

LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 9:39am »

Well we've just uploaded the best of our pix from Leeds including this one:-

If you fancy a peek, 45 from the show can be found at either http://clik.to/gootastic (head for GooTastic Gig Pix or through the links on What's New) or www.world-of-rock2002.com/home and "What's New".

Enjoy  Smiley
IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: *Updated* Leeds & Manch: More Pix
« Reply #6 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 11:49am »

Ooooohhhh and that's a goodie too...so passionate  :love:

I'm heading off to check out the rest of your pics. Thanks for posting the link and picture.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 6:20pm »

Great review and story. I'm glad you got to meet the guys, that's so cool, especially since they're not over there that often.

Going to your site to check your pics out now  Grin
IP Logged

[img][/img]
collegeunm
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 10:15pm »

Great Review and I just went to your site and looked at your photos....WOW those are Amazing!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Shannon
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]