Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « CAMBRIDGE »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   CAMBRIDGE
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CAMBRIDGE  (Read 2100 times)
tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

CAMBRIDGE
« on: Oct 7th, 2006, 3:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OMG what an amazing night!!! Me and two friends left straight after college and got to the venue pretty early, and we were about 3rd or 4th in line. Met some really nice people in the queue, and met Lou n Nic!! They were really really nice Grin Grin Good fun.  

The meet and greet was soooo quick is was unbelievable, apparently loads of winners just didn't know what they were meant to do because the email was too vague or something so loads of people were late for it, so by the time everyone was there the gig had nearly started lol So Mike the security guy made it really quick unfortunately, but the guys were really nice, and Robby made a joke about how they lined up beside me in the same order as my T-shirt lol I also met Korel! I walked backstage and there he was playing his sax, and he seemed really surprised when I ran up to him and asked to shake his hand lol he was really cool he was like 'Hey, how're ya doin' man' lol

So to the ACTUAL gig...it was AMAZING...my friends were front row centre on the rail, so I had to push passed loads of people as the crowd had already filled up lol I ended up right behind them but for one couple who were being annoying, although they were midgets anyways, so being 6ft helped and I didn't mind too much hehe

They came on with SO much energy, during Stay With You John was playing the instrumental part way on the right of the stage and his face was priceless when he realised he was meant to start singing and had to sprint to the mic lol His Dixie Chicks impersonation before Feel the Silence was really funny and his little Bush impressions!

At one point a girl near me was shouting out for John and he turned to her and said 'What? I'd love to talk but I'm a bit busy now'-pointing at his guitar lol He also forgot how to play the end of Name, so everything went quiet, then he goes, 'I'm gonna get this right' lol so he started to play and someone shouted out so John stopped again and said 'Hey don't f*** me up!' laughing lol it was so funny

And John JUMPED on my friend Georgie during Iris, she was so shocked lol he was like leaning right over her! lol Both the friends I went with were SO impressed so I'm pleased Grin Sorry if this was a bit long-winded! lol, pictures to come hopefully!

I look awful in the photo! lol  
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2006, 4:12pm by tkc1989 » IP Logged

tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

Re: CAMBRIDGE
« Reply #1 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 7:08am »

Here are a few photos...

« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2006, 8:01am by tkc1989 » IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 8:33am »

Great review Tim. I'm so happy to hear your m&g went so well. It's so exciting meeting the guys for the first time. Sounds like a really great show and you got to meet Lou & Nic....awesome! I'm glad your friends had a blast too.

I think your m&g photo is fabulous!!! I'm not sure why but John looks like a bad ass in your pic....in a good way Wink Must be the look on his face or his posture...something....sexy. Your photos from the show are terrific too. Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2006, 8:35am by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 10:29am »

Yeah, your meet and great picture is one of the best ones I've seen.  All of the guys have their eyes open and look like themselves.  And if you look 'awful' in that picture, I'm gonna need to see some good pictures.   Cheesy

Glad you had a good time! Thanks for sharing.  Your pictures are great!
IP Logged
carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 12:24pm »

Thanbks fro the awesome review!  That is so cool that you got a Meet and Greet!
IP Logged
collegeunm
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 1:02pm »

GREAT review and very nice M&G pic....thanks for sharing your experience with us.  

Shannon
IP Logged
goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 2:23pm »

gorgeous pics!  so glad to hear you had a wonderful time. . .it sounds like they're putting on some great shows. . . Grin
IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

collegeunm
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 7:55pm »

Your pics are GREAT!!!!  

Sorry I forgot to say that in my previous post.  Thanks for sharing them with us.

Shannon

IP Logged
Johns_chick
Goo God

Best night of my life April 21,2006 i met Goo!!!!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 7th, 2006, 10:25pm »

WOW Tim that is just absolutely AMAZING!! Your pictures are fantastic especially the Meet and greet one. Thanks a bunch for sharing and so glad you got to meet them.

Hugs
Kayla~
IP Logged

"All you can do is do what you're doing and keep asking yourself, 'Is this a) What I want to be doing, and b) Do I look like an idiot doing it?' If the answer to both questions is correct, on you go." Robby Takac
LouAndNic
Goo God

Hold on, Dream Away...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Oct 8th, 2006, 9:21am »

Hey Tim!!  Grin

It was really lovely to meet you and your friends the other day... always good to put a face to a name and especially when they turn out so nice  Grin

Thanks for sharing your experience, gig piccies and of course your gorgeous meet and greet picture.  So glad you got to meet them and say hi to Korel too.

We had a really great time in Cambridge although have never been so crushed in all our life as we were in Slide... we were a few seconds away from asking to be pulled out as we were squashed against the barrier with nowhere to go.  Thankfully it settled down again in the end!

Really enjoyed the band's energy again and of course all the funny stories!  Have to say it's not just american tourists nearly getting hit by bicycles as we had a few lucky escapes too! lol  

The band really do seem to be appreciating the reaction they're getting from the UK and it's so lovely to see - will bring piccies a.s.a.p
IP Logged

Please click on the banner and request Goo in the UK! Graphics by Lea (RogueUK)
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]