Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « My review of the 4th show »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Archived Concert Review and Fan Pictures Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, MFC, Adela)
   My review of the 4th show
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My review of the 4th show  (Read 1291 times)
SunShowerSharon
Goo God

sharon_scinta   NEWYORKSHARONN
View Profile WWW Email

My review of the 4th show
« on: Jul 5th, 2004, 9:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I met up with some wog folks. It's always great seeing them. We tried to get a good spot. The crowd was horrible. I wish they would have charged something, even $5 for the show to weed out some of the yuck that showed up. I smelled pot everywhere.  There were some really cool folks there too please don't get me wrong but the nasty ones tend to stand out more in my mind. Anyhow the rain added that "Woodstock" feel to the show. It was like we were breaking all the rules to see the band we love. I truly enjoyed it. I lost my husband and son before the show even started. But later found them at the car..yeah! I have grown fond of them so it was nice to see them again. The fireworks were really cool. Especially the fireworks I took back to the hotel in my eyes, hair and clothes. NOT JOKING! I had to take a shower right away when I got to the hotel because I smelled like I swam in a canal. I don't want to know what I was standing in. The girl behind me said to her friend - "Do you think it would be okay if I went pee in my pants since I am already wet?" I turned around and said " NO IT WOULD NOT BE OKAY, but if I get cold I will tell you to go ahead." They laughed. But I did feel a warm stream..just kidding!
  The crowd was not at all a normal goo show crowd. They were so drunk , high and totally out of it that they were actually body surfing during Sympathy. Give me a freakin break. It was not a Metallica Concert...no offense to Metallica fans but that tends to attract some wild groups like those at the show last night. The guy on the flag pole was great. It just showed that all caution had been thrown to the wind. It was fun! The DVD will allow all those that couldn't make it to get a better view than most of us. You don't  have to deal with the morons in the crowd. I promise you will not get wet and you will not have to deal with the smell. Oh, did I mention the smell? Thousands of hot sweaty people drinking oh my gosh....I can still smell it. Well I am going to try to post my pictures. They are from far away and they are not great. Kudos to those that got good pictures. I got a pic of people standing in the water, you will not believe the water. After the show my family and I went to check into the Adam's Mark...squish...squish..squish was the lovely sound coming from our loud wet shoes.  My mom uses a cane and she almost fell in the revolving door because she was too slow. Now I have a cruel sense of humor so I found that all too funny. But we made it up to the room so I was able to wash that crowd out of my hair. I have dye all over my hands and arms. I am hoping that is from the crepe paper confetti that shot up. It's strange looking. I think I may have a goo rashHuh Hmmm? Oh well it's just another reminder. Glad I got to experience such a wacky time with other Woggers! Last night I started loosing my voice and today it's totally gone. My husband is loving it. Perhaps it's a make up gift since I lost him at the show...ha ha!

Sharon
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:55am by SunShowerSharon » IP Logged

“It’s better to regret something you DID than to regret something you DIDN'T do”

Billy Joe Armstrong ~ Green Day
SunShowerSharon
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

Re: my mini review of the 4th show
« Reply #1 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 10:21pm »

http://community.webshots.com/album/159927842yRkDEz
IP Logged

“It’s better to regret something you DID than to regret something you DIDN'T do”

crazygirl_412
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 11:00pm »

haha sharon!
i stayed at the adams mark too...room 713...and yes i went back to the hotel going squish squish squish and smelling like egg salad/canal from the fireworks...haha....where were you standing exactly? ...i was off to johns side...in front of the speakers..basically at the railing....and about that goo rash....my friend found she had one on her chest this morning...we figured it was from the fireworks because we kept getting hit with them...i wish i had a picture of my white...well once white sweater...lol..its blue and red from the fireworks..and orange dots all over it from the fireworks...i still have it on my arms and chest too lol.

-amanda
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2004, 11:01pm by crazygirl_412 » IP Logged

₪-₪ Åмάŋđä ₪-₪

SunShowerSharon
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 11:39pm »

Amanda,

We moved all over the place to see the show. Constantly moving toward the stage as people  
bailed out due to the rain.  I am sorry you too have
the goo rash but I was puzzled at what got me. It  
must have been the fireworks. I was hit so many times
by flying pieces of them that I finally had to turn my back to them.  I was no where near the rail.  I came
up after and saw "LosersDayParade" aka Rachel, she was just covered in the confetti.  I hope this stuff washes off soon. Those fireworks were too close for comfort! We were in room 664. We cruised the hallways hoping to see other fans but no luck. Everyone was wringing themselves out in their rooms I guess.

squish squish.....Sharon Roll Eyes
IP Logged

crazygirl_412
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 11:59pm »

Haha..i hope the stains come out too...i think the rash was from the fireworks because i also get pelted several times....head, chest, eyes...my eyes were all red last night...and not because of drugs haha...ya my friend and i never got there until about 7 ish and we "made" our way to the front following other nice people who let us hold on as the pushed through haha...i met a few people in the hallway..no one i really recognized...i was looking out for the uncle sam shirts...saw about 3 of them Smiley

-amanda
IP Logged

₪-₪ Åмάŋđä ₪-₪

Goochick
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:02am »

LOL  I feel so guilty laughing at your pain but parts of  your review were hilarious (intentionally, i hope).  Nothing like a good ole free general admission show, eh?   Thanks too for the pics  Smiley
IP Logged
MonochromeDelirious
Goo God

If music be the food of love...play on

MarChic82
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:20am »

hey Sharon.....tell more about the guy on the flag pole....sounds interesting!!!!   Wink
IP Logged

Got Goo Hugs?

Left on an eastbound train
Gone first thing this morning
Why's what's best for you
Always the worst thing for me
SunShowerSharon
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:54am »

there was a guy half way up the flag pole watching the show. It totally reminded me of Bills Fans at Rich Stadium. One year the Bills fans took the goal posts down. I thought of that while I stared at the brave man hanging onto the pole. It will be on the DVD I bet.  

Sharon
IP Logged

MonochromeDelirious
Goo God

If music be the food of love...play on

MarChic82
View Profile

Re: My review of the 4th show
« Reply #8 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:59am »

oh i hope so....that rocks     Smiley
IP Logged

Got Goo Hugs?

Left on an eastbound train
Gone first thing this morning
Why's what's best for you
Always the worst thing for me
Kristinagoo
Dizzy

Its freezing in the corner of my mind

kristnamia
View Profile

Re: My review of the 4th show
« Reply #9 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 9:41am »

I was looking all day for the red white and goo shirts and I didn't see anyone! Of course the rain slickers and umbrellas might have something to do with that!

I was staying at the Hyatt and people in the lobby were laughing at us as we walked in dripping all over the place. My sneakers are STILL soaking wet!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]