Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « sheet music vs. live music? »

The World of Goo Boards
   Off Topic Board
   Musicians Forum
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   sheet music vs. live music?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: sheet music vs. live music?  (Read 1951 times)
whoisgoo
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

sheet music vs. live music?
« on: Jun 25th, 2006, 1:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

ok, i own most GGD acoustic sheet music and ive noticed while watching the DVDs that what he plays in both live in buffalo and alaska that the acoustic parts of the songs (namely black balloon, here is gone, slide, etc) are differently played than those that they have in their official sheet music. i was wondering if theres anyone else who noticed this and if theres a palce where i could purchase these "other" versions of the songs.  

thank you!
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2006, 2:33pm by whoisgoo » IP Logged
tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

Re: sheet music vs. live music?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 4:17pm »

hey welcome to WOG! Yeah I have every GGD tab book, and a lot of the songs are different to how I've seen John play them, and a couple of them have the same songs like Slide and Black Balloon which are tabbed differently in each. I tend to use the book and look on various websites such as www.ultimate-guitar.com and look at how John plays them and sorta come up with my own interpretation.
IP Logged

whoisgoo
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 6:21pm »

yup, i really like the black balloon version in his alaska dvd! anyone have their own ideas on how that ones put together?
IP Logged
whoisgoo
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 5:22pm »

have you come up with any good interpretations of the black balloon song in the alaska dvd?? i dont even think he uses the same tuning so its kinda hard to come up with one

on Jun 25th, 2006, 4:17pm, tkc1989 wrote:
hey welcome to WOG! Yeah I have every GGD tab book, and a lot of the songs are different to how I've seen John play them, and a couple of them have the same songs like Slide and Black Balloon which are tabbed differently in each. I tend to use the book and look on various websites such as www.ultimate-guitar.com and look at how John plays them and sorta come up with my own interpretation.

IP Logged
tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28th, 2006, 4:22am »

yea he uses the same tuning, well he uses  
Db Ab Db Ab Db Db (low to hight) for the album version and half a step up for live performances (DADADD- same as better days)

but no i haven't really tried to interpret how they do it on LIA, mainly cuz there's only me and i reckon you need 2 guitars.
IP Logged

nate08
Naked

I wanna wake up where you are

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 11th, 2006, 3:01pm »

In all the performances I've seen either live or on tv or dvd, I've seen John play black balloon many different ways.  A friend and I figured it out a while back and we used (C G C G C C) low to high and that sounds pretty good.  ultimate-guitar.com is probably the best tab site I've seen but there not always right, but I would start by looking there. . . .  

Hope that helps a little
IP Logged

*You take all your lies and wish them all away*
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]