The World of Goo Boards (http://www.musicfanclubs.org/cgi-bin/ggd/YaBB.cgi)
Goo Goo Dolls >> Goo Goo Dolls >> HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
(Message started by: Shannon on Jul 25th, 2007, 3:01pm)

Title: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Shannon on Jul 25th, 2007, 3:01pm
Wow. The meet and greets for August are posted and I freakin' won!  :o  I'm in total shock and I'm shaking. It's not like I haven't met them before.....but yet ... I'm still shaking.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by the red o on Jul 25th, 2007, 3:25pm
Excellent.  Now I know who I'm going to kidnap.  Lauren, want to help?  :D

Congrats, Shannon!  You deserve it for all of your hard work here on WOG.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Shannon on Jul 25th, 2007, 3:30pm
Thanks! I'm still shaking. ;D

I keep reading how the winners give them these elaborate gifts. I figure moderating this board and soon updating the main site is enough of a gift if you ask me.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Shannon on Jul 25th, 2007, 3:48pm
LOL....wouldn't they be surprised?

I just don't think I could part with either of them though.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by DWG on Jul 25th, 2007, 3:49pm
I think that particular gift idea comes with too many strings attached.

Congrats Shannon.

You are giving them your gift of fandom. I'm sure that's the best gift they could ask for.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Aphrodite on Jul 25th, 2007, 5:19pm
OMG! Congrats Shannon!

That's amazing!! You deserve that!!!!!! You really do!
*HUGS*

Nicole, I'm in!!! ;)

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by ChickenCookie on Jul 25th, 2007, 5:44pm
:nanner: CONGRATULATIONS, SHANNON!!!   :nanner:

I can think of no one who deserves it more!  Have a great time!   :)

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Hercules on Jul 25th, 2007, 7:03pm
Congratulations Shannon!!! :) :)

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Poseidon on Jul 25th, 2007, 7:04pm
Congratulations!!

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by The Cerulean O on Jul 25th, 2007, 10:39pm
Congradulations!!! That's awesome!! Have a good time! ^_^

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by the orange o on Jul 26th, 2007, 10:06am

on 07/25/07 at 15:30:36, Shannon wrote:
Thanks! I'm still shaking. ;D

I keep reading how the winners give them these elaborate gifts. I figure moderating this board and soon updating the main site is enough of a gift if you ask me.


Yeah for you. Have fun.

And I agree with you about your work on this board, that's enough of a gift....

I never really understood the gift giving thing myself. I imagine most end up in the trash. Not b/c the guys don't care, but really what can they do with all those little gifts given at every show, especially when they're traveling on a bus with limited space.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by DWG on Jul 26th, 2007, 1:29pm
I was thinking the other day they could open up a Dollar Store with all the accumulated "stuff" they receive.  

...just kidding ya know...

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Shannon on Jul 26th, 2007, 1:50pm
I know they wear some of the t-shirts people give them and of course Robby keeps the Pez. But it is an interesting question what they do with everything else.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by collegeunm on Jul 26th, 2007, 2:46pm
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Raven on Jul 26th, 2007, 9:52pm
Congrats Shannon, I am so happy for you! You deserve it G/F! Have a GOOreat time!  :nanner:

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by rzezniksangel on Jul 27th, 2007, 10:51pm
Congratulations Shannon!!  I'm so excited that you won!!!

I on the other hand, two years in a row, have not won...oh well....guess I can't complain though, since I've met them before.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by partygoober on Jul 28th, 2007, 9:11am
go shannon, go shannon, go go go shannon.!!!!



congrats hun...you deserve it!



~Kristyn~

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by AZGooFan on Jul 31st, 2007, 10:42pm
Thats awesome Shannon!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

<whispers> I must admit though that I am a little jealous of you M&G winners...I was hoping to win a M&G for my bday show in Chicago  :'(




Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Shannon on Jul 31st, 2007, 11:55pm
Thanks so much everyone.

And Melissa.....I haven't ever actually won a meet and greet myself until now. I've met them before but only as some other lucky winner's guest. So this was really my first time winning. And, I almost didn't enter at all since I hadn't won one in 2 years either. Ironically, my friend who always wins, talked me into it ;D I guess she rubbed her luck off on me.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Aphrodite on Aug 1st, 2007, 9:15pm

on 07/31/07 at 23:55:40, Shannon wrote:
Thanks so much everyone.

And Melissa.....I haven't ever actually won a meet and greet myself until now. I've met them before but only as some other lucky winner's guest. So this was really my first time winning. And, I almost didn't enter at all since I hadn't won one in 2 years either. Ironically, my friend who always wins, talked me into it ;D  I guess she rubbed her luck off on me.



Thank God for friends eh? ;D

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by rzezniksangel on Aug 1st, 2007, 10:22pm

on 07/31/07 at 23:55:40, Shannon wrote:
Thanks so much everyone.

And Melissa.....I haven't ever actually won a meet and greet myself until now. I've met them before but only as some other lucky winner's guest. So this was really my first time winning. And, I almost didn't enter at all since I hadn't won one in 2 years either. Ironically, my friend who always wins, talked me into it ;D I guess she rubbed her luck off on me.


You just never know when your luck will pay off!  I'm still so excited for you..you deserve it!

I've met them several times on my own....it would just be nice to add another experience to my list since the venue they play at here doesn't have any way to access the bus area after the show.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by sympathy_0 on Aug 5th, 2007, 10:19pm
Haha, Shannon, True that about the gifts :)

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by The Cerulean O on Aug 5th, 2007, 11:11pm
So, which show did you win for?

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Shannon on Aug 6th, 2007, 9:49am

on 08/05/07 at 23:11:08, The Cerulean O wrote:
So, which show did you win for?

Freedom Hill in Sterling Heights, MI

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by The Cerulean O on Aug 6th, 2007, 2:29pm
Awesome. Have a great time! Try not to kill Mike.
(I forgot that rule, and bashed him into the tour bus....*facepalm*)

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by the red o on Aug 6th, 2007, 7:46pm

on 08/06/07 at 14:29:29, The Cerulean O wrote:
Awesome. Have a great time! Try not to kill Mike.
(I forgot that rule, and bashed him into the tour bus....*facepalm*)


Wait... what?  You assaulted Mike, you say?

And Shannon doesn't personally kill members of the band.  She sends her manhole covers to do her bidding.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Hercules on Aug 6th, 2007, 8:21pm

on 08/06/07 at 19:46:29, the red o wrote:
Wait... what? You assaulted Mike, you say?

And Shannon doesn't personally kill members of the band. She sends her manhole covers to do her bidding.


She has an army of manhole covers??
I'm jealous. All I have is some stinkin' penguins! :D

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by the red o on Aug 6th, 2007, 8:24pm
She does!  There have been Shannon/Goo/manhole incidents in both Buffalo and the Detroit region.  This is serious.  DO NOT mess with Shannon.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by The Cerulean O on Aug 6th, 2007, 10:01pm
Yeah. That's the short short version.
Basically, I, a 5'3" shy 14-year-old girl, all alone(they wouldn't let me bring in my best friend), meeting my heroes, was shaking as I hugged my favorite drummer in the world. And so I tripped over my own two feet, and fell into the side of the tour bus.
But, uh....
I didn't let go of Mike.
I really am probably making a bigger deal out of it than it really was, but that's the story. Oh, and then I tripped again and fell into Johnny as I tried to regain my barrings.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c103/Mavroreen/Theyreallsmiling.jpg

So what have we learned, class? The secret to getting them all to smile is try your best to kill them without Security Mike noticing.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Aphrodite on Aug 7th, 2007, 8:52am

on 08/06/07 at 22:01:40, The Cerulean O wrote:
Yeah. That's the short short version.
Basically, I, a 5'3" shy 14-year-old girl, all alone(they wouldn't let me bring in my best friend), meeting my heroes, was shaking as I hugged my favorite drummer in the world. And so I tripped over my own two feet, and fell into the side of the tour bus.
But, uh....
I didn't let go of Mike.
I really am probably making a bigger deal out of it than it really was, but that's the story. Oh, and then I tripped again and fell into Johnny as I tried to regain my barrings.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c103/Mavroreen/Theyreallsmiling.jpg

So what have we learned, class? The secret to getting them all to smile is try your best to kill them without Security Mike noticing.


OMG!!!!!


You're adorable!! :D:D:D

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by Shannon on Aug 7th, 2007, 10:20am
You are adorable! That's an excellent m&g picture.

I don't know that I'll crash into any of them at my m&g. I don't tend to get overly excited. I'm more shy. If I get too nervous I'll get real quiet. The first time I met them I was so nervous I said "nice to meet you", shook their hands and moved on. I was so mad at myself but I just get so shy. So this time I'll be sure to force myself to talk more.....be social.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by tkc1989 on Aug 7th, 2007, 3:28pm

on 08/07/07 at 08:52:23, Aphrodite wrote:
OMG!!!!!


You're adorable!! :D:D:D


Hahaha that's the BEST M&G picture I've seen so far! Look at Robby's face haha that's PRICELESS! ;D

Edit: And I love John's t-shirt, I want one.

Title: Re: HOLY COW! I won a m&g!!!!
Post by The Cerulean O on Aug 7th, 2007, 11:57pm

on 08/07/07 at 10:20:14, Shannon wrote:
You are adorable! That's an excellent m&g picture.

I don't know that I'll crash into any of them at my m&g. I don't tend to get overly excited. I'm more shy. If I get too nervous I'll get real quiet. The first time I met them I was so nervous I said "nice to meet you", shook their hands and moved on. I was so mad at myself but I just get so shy. So this time I'll be sure to force myself to talk more.....be social.



I don't remember what (if ANYTHING) I said to them when Robby and Johnny asked me how I was. I remember almost every word they said to me, but nothing I said until I handed Johnny the letter I wrote and said "this is for you"....Then he asked me if it was a check, and I said "no..No, I'm sorry!!"



The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.