Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Melbourne show »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Melbourne show
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Melbourne show  (Read 1017 times)
rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

Melbourne show
« on: Nov 6th, 2011, 3:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just spent the last 2 nights with Ryan Star...and last night with Goo.  I'm exhausted, but have been to the 2 greatest concerts of my life.  Last night the guys were so energetic, and happy, and talkative.  It was incredible.  The theater was small...and a TON of people sat almost the whole time.  My friend and I were the only ones at the end of our row standing & dancing & singing...Robby & Korel kept laughing and smiling at us...it was awesome!  Wanted to share my pics....i haven't turned a lot of them because FB is being a pain in the butt today...but at least they're up Smiley

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2495556624674.136967.112557410 7&type=1&l=6c23d6307b
IP Logged
DWG

Email

Re: Melbourne show
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6th, 2011, 4:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ah, you got off some good pics, Melissa; thanks for sharing.

(Don't ya just get all claustrophobic when everyone around you has decided to remain sitting? You don't want to block someone else's view, but you're dancing in your seat, going nuts...)
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 6th, 2011, 5:18pm »

I'm so glad you had a great time at both shows. I'll never understand sitting down at a rock show. How can you sit ... unless it's Yanni!?!  

Thanks for sharing your pictures. You got some really great shots.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 6th, 2011, 8:20pm »

It was killing me that everyone was sitting.  We came in about 3 songs into Ryan's set...and were told by the ushers that we weren't allowed to stand.  He got mad about 3/4 of the way towards his set and started yelling for everyone to stand up.  Which they finally did.  John just kept shaking his head when people would sit back down and he even took a few jabs at all of them.  I thought it was pretty rude that they'd all sit when Robby would start singing.  I kept on dancing around and singing louder to annoy them Smiley
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 7th, 2011, 3:08pm »

Good for you. I've noticed that at a few of my shows too...people sitting when Robby sings. It's just rude. I'm glad you kept standing.
IP Logged

collegeunm
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13th, 2011, 8:32am »

those are AWESOME pics.......

why can't they come here... *tear*

I live vicariously through you all with the pics, review and vids.....so thanks for sharing
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 14th, 2011, 5:22pm »

If it's any consolation they didn't come near me either. I would have loved to have seen Ryan Star.
IP Logged

rzezniksangel
Goo God

rzezniksangel
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 14th, 2011, 8:00pm »

I'm so happy they brought the tour close enough for me to go.  I probably should have gotten a hotel & spent the night, but getting home at 2:30 in the morning was worth it to see my 2 favorites on the same stage (especially since I asked for the pairing and really never thought it would happen in a million years).

Shannon, here's a link to my pics of Ryan's headlining show the night before Goo...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2492118418721.136821.112557410 7&type=1&l=5b056d767e

Hopefully they'll all get back on a major nationwide tour after the holidays so everyone can see them! Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]