Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Robby's latest blog for The Comet »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Robby's latest blog for The Comet
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Robby's latest blog for The Comet  (Read 476 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Robby's latest blog for The Comet
« on: Jan 17th, 2011, 2:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Exclusive Blog: Robby Takac Is Thankful It’s the Year of the Rabbit

The Goo Goo Dolls’ Robby Takac shares his thoughts on 2010, the coming and going of the supposed apocalypse, and what he has to look forward to in 2011.

2011 Wow…..No kidding ….This seems like it’s simply impossible. Remember when we were getting ready for the Y2k Bug?

Well, the closest we’ve gotten so far to that sort of chaos was January 1, 2011 when all of the iPhone users worldwide awoke missing the New Year’s Day parade as a bug in the app disabled the alarm function for the first few days of January – inconvenient, but not as stunning as a worldwide total computer shutdown.

Some folks are still waiting for the “big one,” the coming Apocalypse (if you will) in 2012. I tend to think this is a bit of a fable gone mad, but we’ll see what transpires (I’m betting we’ll make it).

There was a lady, who for years, approached me daily at a job I had setting up PAs at a daily downtown event in Buffalo, NY, many years ago, with a multiyear countdown to the end of the world. I think it was to happen sometime in August during the early 90s. Needless to say, it didn’t happen.

I’m not sure if she was more disappointed that it did or didn’t happen when I saw her a few days after her Apocalyptic date passed without instance (aside from maybe seeing the release of the first Backstreet Boys disc or maybe the final nail in the coffin for Hair Metal), it got me thinking that some folks just need something, anything to look forward to. Dangerous shit.

Although 2011 has already seen some odd signs of nuttiness, birds falling from the sky, mass fish deaths, the installment of John Boehner as US Speaker of the House, Brett Favre busted sexting with some more Jet’s employees to the crescendo of another probable multi-million dollar settlement, a half foot of snow in Vegas, they’re editing “Huck Finn” for political correctness…

These, although all seemingly potential signs of some sort of Apocalypse, are probably just matter-of-fact coincidence…I’m just sayin’.

Let’s try to balance these obvious instances of global/universal implosion with some positive news so we don’t end up with any bridge jumpers (or a rise in sales of that little purple pill) after ingesting my offering for this month’s Comet Blog

So: It looks like we’ll have a new iPhone carrier option here in the US with Verizon.  We will have a new full season of “Conan,” the US troops are finally getting out of Iraq (next we’ll work on the private contractors).

And there’s a new Goo Goo Dolls single out (YAY!) as our “NotBroken” single/video from our latest album “Something for the Rest of Us” debuts worldwide 9that’s a big one for me), let’s see, what else? Larry King has finally retired. Not a bad list.
All silver linings…. all the time. We’ll see how it goes.

Personally, I’ll have a tour of Canada coming up w/ the GGDs, another US<?b> tour on the slate as well, a Pro Bowl appearance in sun drenched Hawaii, and a tour of Europe is being put together as we speak.

We’ll also be releasing some more Japanese chick rock on the Good Charamel label; we’ve got new two releases already scheduled for March and July. Keep up w/ me here in The Comet or at www.goodcharamel.com for announcements on those cool new releases soon!

Either way, I hope you all have a great 2011, I’m planning on it! Keep up with all my social network nonsense and such through RobbysLobby.com, you can get to all of the madness by starting your journey there. It’s the year of the rabbit you know, last year was the year of the tiger ….grrrrrrr. Maybe we’re better off with a little more of a meek approach towards things anyways. With such a cute little pink nose bouncing up and down, who can get tense around animals who lay colored eggs right ?

That’s it. Talk soon.

Peace
Robby

http://thecomet.com/posts/exclusive_blog_robby_takac_is_thankful_its_the _year_of_the_rabbit
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2011, 2:24pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

DWG

Email

Re: Robby's latest blog for The Comet
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2011, 11:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

quote:

... her Apocalyptic date passed without instance (aside from maybe seeing the release of the first Backstreet Boys disc or maybe the final nail in the coffin for Hair Metal)...

lol...good blog.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: Robby's latest blog for The Comet
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18th, 2011, 12:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I love his blogs. He always has an interesting way of expressing his thoughts. I enjoy good, creative writing.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]