Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Return of the Goo Goo Dolls / article »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Return of the Goo Goo Dolls / article
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Return of the Goo Goo Dolls / article  (Read 500 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Return of the Goo Goo Dolls / article
« on: Dec 23rd, 2010, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Return of the Goo Goo Dolls
Published Thursday December 23rd, 2010  

Alternative band aims to recapture former super-star glory

Who can forget that most famous of Nicolas Cage vanity projects, City of Angels, marked by the sweeping, emotional track Iris? You know... "I don't want to world to see me/'Cause I don't think that they'd understand/When everything's made to be broken/I just want you to know who I am."

I didn't even have to Google those lyrics. All of which goes to show, that the Goo Goo Dolls were a very big deal once upon a time. Formed in 1986, the Buffalo, New York rock group hit the top of the charts in 1995 with the release of A Boy Named Goo, and rose ever higher in 1998 when Dizzy Up The Girl produced five top-10 singles.

Their albums have sold over nine million copies in the U.S., they've received four Grammy nominations, and it seems like everyone can remember at least one of their 14 chart-topping hits, from the aforementioned Iris to Name, Slide and Black Balloon.

Like many '90s rock groups, the Goo Goo Dolls have fallen out of the public eye in recent years, but they're set to make a come-back with a North American tour to promote their latest release, Something for the Rest of Us.

Their ninth studio album is a solid but fairly unoriginal offering, with a dozen mid-tempo rock ballads that sound somewhat generic, though fans of the band will be singing along to plenty of these tracks. Something for the Rest of Us can hardly be called edgy, but singer John Rzeznik hasn't lost his remarkable ability to sound like he REALLY means it in every single love song. Tracks to remember include the somber Notbroken, and slightly more uplifting Soldier.

The Goo Goo Dolls will play Saint John at a rather surprising venue, the Trade and Convention Centre in Saint John. Enjoy the blast from the past while you have the chance.

----

Feb. 14, 8 p.m.
Saint John Trade and Convention Centre
1 Market Square
Ph. 693-8484

http://herenb.canadaeast.com/music/article/1363115
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Shade
Another Thread Killer
I'm Addicted

View Profile

Re: Return of the Goo Goo Dolls / article
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2010, 11:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seems like it's going to be a good article and them BAM!

...I'm not sure whether he is rooting for them or not.

Thanks for posting!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]