Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Why is it taking so long? »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Why is it taking so long?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Why is it taking so long?  (Read 567 times)
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

Why is it taking so long?
« on: Dec 16th, 2010, 11:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does the song just not have enough airtime or a likeability factor?  

It seems to me it's taking a really long time for Notbroken to climb the charts, way slower than home. It's gone from 37, to 36, to 34 in 3 weeks. Maybe I am just being inpatient but.. Does anyone else feel the way I do? I could be going crazy.. Haha.
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Why is it taking so long?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2010, 12:02am »

Christmas music has infiltrated the radio, especially the stations that the GGDs are most likely to get played on.  Notbroken is going to be properly released to radio in January.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2010, 11:42am »

Yep ... what Nicole said. Christmas music is a killer on the formats the Goos are played on.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2010, 6:11pm »

-Song sounds too depressing. People are too depressed over the economy, gov't, and direction fo the country already. If you walk around, you would hear Home often on the radio or tv screens. Home is a happy sounding song.  

-Probably like people said, x-mas music. It's not just that, but the competition for music is more fierce and global now. Growing up, everybody around me was into gangsta rap, R&B, pop, soft rock, and grunge. Now, the kids are more exposed to Japanese and Korean and others due to the growth of the internet. When I started listening to the Goo's, I was more into rock music from ggd, bush, soul asylum, nirvana, foo fighters, etc. Now I listen to Japanese music and the goos are the only American music I listen to now.

-Not just music, but life in general. People aren't limted to mtv and vh1 anymore. They got youtube that expose different type of music. People are watching dumb videos of cats doing patty cake. Too many things to do nowadays. Gone are the days where you buy a music cd and listen to it until you feel you got your money's worth. You don't like, you don't listen, and you download another song or do something else.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]