Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Steven Page to join GGDs for part of Canadian tour »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Steven Page to join GGDs for part of Canadian tour
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Steven Page to join GGDs for part of Canadian tour  (Read 465 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Steven Page to join GGDs for part of Canadian tour
« on: Nov 22nd, 2010, 3:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Page to join Goo Goo Dolls for Canadian tour
Last Updated: Monday, November 22, 2010 | 4:27 PM ET

CBC News
Singer Steven Page, seen in Toronto in October, will join U.S. group Goo Goo Dolls for part of their 2011 Canadian tour.Singer Steven Page, seen in Toronto in October, will join U.S. group Goo Goo Dolls for part of their 2011 Canadian tour. (Nathan Denette/Canadian Press)

Canadian singer Steven Page, who cancelled his first solo tour last week, will join American rock band Goo Goo Dolls at a host of Canadian concerts in the new year, he has announced on his website.

Page said Monday he will support the New York band for concerts in Montreal; Ottawa; Hamilton, Ont.; Windsor, Ont.; Edmonton; Calgary and Vancouver in February and early March.

The Grammy-nominated band is also set to play Winnipeg, Regina and Atlantic Canada during its cross-country jaunt (including St. John's, N.L.; Grand Falls-Windsor, N.L.; Halifax; Charlottetown and Saint John, N.B.).

Meanwhile, Page's two upcoming U.S. dates — for Portland and Seattle — have been rescheduled for March and the former Barenaked Ladies frontman will reunite with The Art of Time Ensemble for two early February concerts in Toronto.

They previously teamed up to release the 2010 covers album A Singer Must Die and performed at small theatres throughout Ontario to support it.

Surprise cancellation

Page had been slated to launch a Canadian tour to promote Page One, his first solo album of material since leaving the Barenaked Ladies in 2009. The departure capped a difficult few years, which also included a divorce and facing drug charges in the U.S.

The anticipated tour was suddenly cancelled on Thursday afternoon, with no reason given. Later that night, Page ventured online to explain.

"Hey folks, sorry for the last-minute cancellation. It wasn't for health or family reasons, but because of a tour opportunity I got offered for February," he said, noting that more details would be forthcoming.

"Stay tuned and thanks for the good wishes."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/11/22/page-tour-goo-goo-dolls.ht ml#ixzz1639m3dXO
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

zomg
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Steven Page to join GGDs for part of Canadian
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22nd, 2010, 6:22pm »

Cool!  Thanks for posting it Shannon!  Smiley
Ugh on the user comments on the CBC site though ...  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

Re: Steven Page to join GGDs for part of Canadian
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22nd, 2010, 10:46pm »

WINDSOR WINDSOR WINDSOR! Ahhh! I am not quite used to hearing that yet. Sometimes I think I am dreaming and then I actually realize this is happening...

On the actual topic of Steven Page, I loved him in his BNL days, and Michael has sent me a link to a few of his songs that I thought were really good.
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]