Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Syracuse, NY 9-28-10 »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Syracuse, NY 9-28-10
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Syracuse, NY 9-28-10  (Read 520 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Syracuse, NY 9-28-10
« on: Sep 29th, 2010, 1:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Review coming.

Setlist was similar to the summer setlist except CLIG was gone and One Night and Something For the Rest of Us (full band) were added.  Acoustic #3 was on the setlist but NOT played.

Tonight was the first time I was spoken to from stage.  John caught me filming a long stretch of his banter and told me to keep filming and put it on Youtube.  It's pretty much a life goal not to bring attention to myself so I don't know if that footage will ever actually make it to Youtube.  Cheesy

More later.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: Syracuse, NY 9-28-10
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29th, 2010, 11:13am »

You got a shout out!!! That's awesome. You better put that video up on YouTube  :Eva: :Eva: :Eva:
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29th, 2010, 2:43pm »

I’ve been an absolute GGD tour **** this year and I have definitely seen them more times than I care to admit.  But this show and the events around it will probably stand out as one of my favorites.

S, E and I left Buffalo in the early afternoon and arrived in Syracuse late afternoon without any major incidents… except me almost running over Robby.  We were at a weird intersection and looking for parking and I almost made a left while pedestrians were allowed to cross.  So S warns me to wait and as the waiting pedestrian was crossing, S and E were like, “Oh, that’s actually Robby you almost just killed.”  That would have been an unfortunate start to the fall tour…

Then, while we were waiting for D to show up and trying to figure out which building of this huge complex we were supposed to going to, we found the band’s bus parked on a narrow city street.  We saw Mike go on and then later saw Korel come off, but we didn’t bother them.

After eating dinner in a church (really), we went into the venue.  It was the most laid back concert environment ever.  The Crouse Hinds Theater is very modern and had a nice low stage and no large gap between the seats and the stage.  I was second row center and had a pretty great view.  The sound was amazing.

John seemed to be very smiley and happy and whenever that’s the case, you usually get a better show.  There was a huge light up sign about 6 rows back that we saw before the show and knew John would comment on, so I kept my camera ready.  Sure enough, he had it sent up to him as soon as he had a couple minutes to talk.  He then spoke to the person in front of me so I just kept my camera filming and then John pointed at me and told me to keep filming and put it on Youtube (John said I have to, so it’ll be posted shortly).  Later, he told a guy in the front row that he was the only person born in the room when Name was written and tossed him a pick for being a good sport.

Robby was barefoot, which I love because it reminds me of the times before the LLI tours.  I caught him posing for photos a couple times, which was adorable.  He remarked that Syracuse was smart because SU dressed their drunk college students in safety orange.

The setlist is below.  Something weird happened during All Eyes On Me (not sure what exactly) and then Acoustic #3 was cut.  I am very happy to have Something For the Rest of Us added to the setlist.  It’s the album version, not the piano version.  One Night is also back, which excites me a little less.  I don’t hate it, but it’s my least liked song on the album and it apparently didn’t go over so well on the spring tour which is why it was dropped so fast.  I could come up with a hundred ways to improve the setlist, but at this point, it is what it is.  I do not think me complaining about it is going to do anything.

Sweetest Lie
Big Machine
Slide
Dizzy
Here Is Gone
Another Second Time Around
Smash
One Night
Black Balloon
Home
Better Days
Stay With You
Something For The Rest Of Us
Now I Hear
Tucked Away
Name
Let Love In
As I Am
All Eyes On Me
Iris

Notbroken
Broadway

I will post videos as I edit them.  They are very John-centric because the heads in front of me dictate what I film.  Sorry.

SFTROU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hafp_VytlEg

All Eyes On Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKiaW2Zddmc

John with fan sign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX4AchTon9Y
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2010, 4:17pm by nmf016 » IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29th, 2010, 5:35pm »

Great videos! I love the one with the sign. And you're right ... shows are going to be good when John is happy & chatty.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29th, 2010, 7:53pm »

Thanks for the review! It sounds like a good show. I wish I could have taken the time off to go
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29th, 2010, 10:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

lol   Tongue

remedial driving lessons for you, missy!

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]