Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « John Interview in the Huffington Post! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   John Interview in the Huffington Post!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: John Interview in the Huffington Post!  (Read 775 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

John Interview in the Huffington Post!
« on: Sep 13th, 2010, 11:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is a fantastic interview with John from the Huffington Post. He talks music, politics, etc. And is his usual candidly, honest self. It's super long so I'm just going to post the link. Check it out...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ragogna/emmonday-will-never-be-th_b_7 14122.html
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

Re: John Interview in the Huffington Post!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15th, 2010, 6:26pm »

Quote:
JR: I've got to be honest, man, I don't really like the video. They kind of wanted to do this sort take off on Lost In Translation, and I'm doing a hundred things, and I'm like, "Sure, okay, that's fine. Let's do it." You know, there's another video out on YouTube that the fans made. They sent in little video clips and some woman edited them together, and I think it captures a lot more emotion than the official video did.

I am so proud of all the fans who did this video cause this was amazing!! Smiley John even likes it better!!
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Pon
Goo God

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ai3oynamedgoo
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 2:27am »

I think all interviews should have videos as well. This is the age of internet and youtube.
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 7:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Sep 16th, 2010, 2:27am, Pon wrote:
I think all interviews should have videos as well. This is the age of internet and youtube.

what...what??

It's an interesting article. Sometimes you can learn about someone when you read an interview.  

People are too hooked on visuals, the internet, youtube, etcetera. You see a family driving down the road and there are the kids staring at dvd's, the parents are fiddling with their blackberries or the gps. Ask 'em how they'd get from point A to point B without an electronic gadget, and they'd be dumbfounded. /end rant

IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 7:51pm »

LOL.  There is audio of the interview out there.  In the age of Google, go find it for yourself or suck it up and read.  Also, it was a phone interview, so the video would pretty much be a camera viewing a telephone.  I can make you that video if you'd like.

DWG- I was just bitching about kids out at the mall and at restaurants who need to be playing video games the whole time.  BUT I love my GPS (except when it cuts out at crucial moments) because I am a direction idiot.  I remember my parents mapping out drives to Florida on giant maps for a week and I do not ever need to experience that as the driver.

IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Sep 16th, 2010, 7:51pm, sftrOu wrote:

DWG- I was just bitching about kids out at the mall and at restaurants who need to be playing video games the whole time.  BUT I love my GPS (except when it cuts out at crucial moments) because I am a direction idiot.  I remember my parents mapping out drives to Florida on giant maps for a week and I do not ever need to experience that as the driver.

Hmm, I was recently bitching about kids at the mall because they don't wear fun goth clothing anymore, haha.

I still use maps. My GPS sits in its box, unopened since Christmas.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]