Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Counting down to SFTROU one year at a time »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Counting down to SFTROU one year at a time
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  9 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Counting down to SFTROU one year at a time  (Read 13616 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Counting down to SFTROU one year at a time
« Reply #50 on: Aug 22nd, 2010, 8:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OMG BLUE TARPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP  Cheesy

Do you actually remember My Pretty Seahorse?  Because no one else does and it makes me sad.  I need to know someone else knows about it.

(And selfish bootleg choices are totally approved of)
IP Logged
Christina
Goo God

I got a head that don't let me sleef

View Profile WWW

« Reply #51 on: Aug 22nd, 2010, 9:08pm »

NEVER FORGET BLUE TARP & BLUE COOLER BUDDY~

Okay, I confess I had to search the forum to clarify what the seahorse incident was... but then I TOTALLY remembered watching it, hahaha. It might be on one of my 16 VHS tapes in a box that I don't watch ever. Roll Eyes  

Thanks, Nickelodeon, for providing more reasons no musician should go on kids' shows (unless Elmo is involved.)
IP Logged

"i have never wanted something so badly as having people just show up at ggd concerts dressed as presidential fruit"
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #52 on: Aug 23rd, 2010, 11:12am »

I totally remember the BLUE TARP!!!

I sadly don't remember the My Pretty Seahorse incident.  

I have a funny story about Gutterflower. It came out the same day I had a dental appt. to have numerous cavities either filled or redone. My dentist knew I was nervous and happened to have a walkman/CD player. So I grabbed Gutterflower out of the car. I listened to it during the whole appt and it helped calm me. I DO NOT like the dentist. I have major dental phobia. It's not natural. Too many dental traumas as a child. Anyway, while listening to Gutterflower during my appt. It was then that I realized that the Goos had two different singers. Imagine my confusion as I'm lying there thinking John is the only singer and Robby's song pops up. LOL So anyway, Gutterflower got me though that appointment and to this day it's still one of my favorite CDs.  

And Nicole ... 2001 .... HOLY CRAP! That's a LOT of snow. I don't remember snow of that significance here so I'm guessing it skipped us and dumped all on you. Thank you for taking it too Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2010, 11:30am by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #53 on: Aug 23rd, 2010, 2:58pm »

I would not have wanted to listen at the dentist.  I cannot imagine associating GF with the dentist.  Cheesy

Detroit and Buffalo can have wildly different snow episodes because we get lake effect snow and you do not.  Lake effect snow is the cause of our big big snows here, including this 7ft snow storm and the October blizzard a couple years ago.
IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #54 on: Aug 23rd, 2010, 5:30pm »

Does anyone have these alternate versions of the songs? I would love to hear them! Gutter Flower is my favorite album, but I didn't hear it until a few years after it was released. Someone message me! Smiley
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #55 on: Aug 23rd, 2010, 9:38pm »

The GGDs continue to tour! Cheesy They open for Bon Jovi. Lips Sealed The other bus appears on tour.  Undecided Robby works the shaker! Cheesy

Let's focus on the happy stuff.

Shows!

Today's show.  The GGDs performed a show in a series of concerts leading up to the 2003 Superbowl in San Diego.  Here is their show from Embarcadero Marina Park in San Diego, CA 1-25-03.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fydjj0kvbigj9f2

Shaker!

GGDs promote Sympathy on the tv circuit.  Robby only gets to play shaker.  Here is their Leno performance, where Robby looks adorable playing the shaker.

http://www.mediafire.com/?96wb383rqi88pa8
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #56 on: Aug 24th, 2010, 10:03pm »

Oh, you know... not much happened in 2004.  The GGDs played like 3 shows.  They had a couple online chats.  Not too exciting.

JUST KIDDING.

LIVE IN BUFFALO happened.  They literally shut down the center of Buffalo.  The news channels covered the story for months.  We got a record breaking rain storm and we got a pretty fucking impressive live DVD/CD.

First up.  The GGDs did two online chats in April and May.  We all discovered just how obnoxious GGD fans are with sound effects.  But in between the worthless spam, we got a whole bunch of questions answered by the GGDs and we got the news of a live concert being filmed in Buffalo.

Thank you to Steph for unearthing the chat transcripts in a timely fashion.  (Also, blame her for the links being screwed up.  Copy and paste.)

http://web.archive.org/web/20040508224319/http://googoodolls.com/goochat _042204.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20040523200258/http://www.googoodolls.com/goo chat_050604.html

Second, there was a press conference held in May to announce the concert in Buffalo.  John, Robby, someone from Buffalo Place (they promoted and helped fund the concert) and the fucking mayor were on hand to announce the concert.  Every major news station and at least 3 major radio stations aired at least a little footage from the press conference.

The link below is a download to WEDG's press conference coverage.  Before you download it, here is a warning - it is 30 minutes long (with two songs in it as well).  You will hear John and Robby speak a little, but they are not in the forefront most of the time.  Radio DJs are.  I am posting this because I laugh so hard I cry every single time I listen to this.  I am not sure it will have the same effect on anyone else, but I think it is hilarious.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iqzpaqkyk4nye7y

And aside from that, just GO WATCH LIB.

Story time!

OF COURSE I attended this concert.  I also attended the private show a couple days before (you're all welcome.  I helped fund this concert and DVD).  I met my first ~internet fans~ (Hi, Shannon!) at these shows.  My favorite memories from LIB have nothing to do with the actual concert so I will not bore you with them.  Cheesy

Fun Nicole Fact #1
- I was wearing my favorite brown leather sandals to the LIB concert.  It rained so hard and I was so wet, my shoes dyed my feet brown for about a week.  My shoes were ruined.

Fun Nicole Fact #2
-Of course I saved pieces of the confetti from the concert that were stuck to me!

Not Fun Nicole Fact #3
-Despite my best efforts to not be on camera, I am actually on the DVD for a split second in a non-crowd shot.

Speaking of crowd shots, if one of the, like, 6 people who have met me can find me in this shot, I will give you a million dollars.

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2010, 10:04pm by nmf016 » IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #57 on: Aug 25th, 2010, 10:44am »

on Aug 23rd, 2010, 2:58pm, i dont knO wrote:
I would not have wanted to listen at the dentist.  I cannot imagine associating GF with the dentist.  Cheesy

Detroit and Buffalo can have wildly different snow episodes because we get lake effect snow and you do not.  Lake effect snow is the cause of our big big snows here, including this 7ft snow storm and the October blizzard a couple years ago.

Oddly enough I never had any negative associations with the CD and the dentist. It actually calmed me the entire appointment. I still love that CD.
IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #58 on: Aug 25th, 2010, 10:58am »

2004! Yay!  

As Nicole mentioned I attended the Private Show that was before the big concert. We were going on vacation so I couldn't attend the big day. In addition to meeting Nicole for the first time at the Private Show ... and many times since then Grin I also met the Goo Goo Dolls for the first time. At this show we waited in a really long line to meet them. And had our pictures taken in groups of 10. I remember being so nervous. I can't think of a time I was more nervous. By the time it was our turn in line to meet them I couldn't think. My mind was blank. It was so fast. I just remember shaking all their hands and telling them it was nice to meet them. I never bothered to say my name. Of course as soon as we were finished my brain returned to me and I thought of a million things I could've said. Oh well Undecided It took me until 2010 until I finally got the whole meet and greet right. I can actually meet them now and not lose my mind. Grin  

I too made it onto the LIB CD/DVD. I'm in the other/extra scenes. I believe it's Wednesday. Give a Little bit plays and you see a policeman on a horse. BAM ... next scene is me. I'm holding up a banner with my friend Gail. She's the one with the long blonde hair. She made the banner and had a bunch of fans from shows she'd gone to sign it. She also had us sign it while we waited in line for the show. She threw it up onto the stage during the Private Show. Last I heard Robby's parents have it. Not sure if that's true but that's what Gail was told.
IP Logged

Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #59 on: Aug 25th, 2010, 1:56pm »

on Aug 24th, 2010, 10:03pm, i dont knO wrote:

Not Fun Nicole Fact #3
-Despite my best efforts to not be on camera, I am actually on the DVD for a split second in a non-crowd shot.

You're the one climbing the pole, right?
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2010, 1:56pm by Nicole » IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  9 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]