Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Erie, PA 4-17-10 »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Erie, PA 4-17-10
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Erie, PA 4-17-10  (Read 2280 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Erie, PA 4-17-10
« on: Apr 18th, 2010, 12:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Same standard setlist, but in a different order than what i saw before.  One Night was cut.  I've already seen it and it's my least favorite of the new songs, so I'll probably survive.  

Setlist
Sweetest Lie
Big Machine
Slide
Dizzy
Here is Gone
Another Second Time Around
Smash
Can't Let It Go
Black Balloon
Home
Better Days
Stay With You
Now I Hear
Tucked Away
Name
Let Love In
As I Am
All Eyes On Me
Acoustic #3
Iris

Sympathy
Flat Top
Broadway

Anyways... we'll start bad and work up to good.

We got to the venue around 4, hoping to be on the rail again.  There were about 15 people already waiting so we were confident about our place.  Then, a sign goes up saying that Will Call people need to form a second line.  All IM fanclub ticket buyers have their tickets Will Call.  And Will Call is going to open at the same time as the doors.. to a GA show... fucking all IM members...

My friend had bought her ticket separate and had it in hand so we were separated.  I was about #4 in the Will Call line.  Doors opened and as the regular line POURED into the venue, Will Call people were handled one at a time by two people who did not know how the alphabet worked.  MY LAST NAME STARTS WITH AN F.  MY TICKET ENVELOPE IS OBVIOUSLY IN THE BOX WITH THE FIRST HALF OF THE ALPHABET.  WHY ARE YOU LOOKING IN THE SECOND BOX?

Needless to say, by the time I, the 15th person to arrive, got into the venue, the crowd was already about 5 people deep.  YOU'RE A COLLEGE, GUYS.  YOU COULDN'T HAVE WORKED OUT THAT OPENING WILL CALL 20 MINUTES BEFORE THE SHOW WOULD HAVE MADE PEOPLE A LOT HAPPIER?

Anyways... needed to vent that.  I'm better now.  It was my only gripe..

To start, the last two GA shows have been the friendliest groups of people I have ever had to deal with personally.  In both instances, my friend and I made friends with the people with us in line and got along fine with no shoving in the crowds and that is exactly the opposite of what I expected at a college show.

That isn't to say that the crowd was tame.  Tonight's crowd was probably the rowdiest I've ever experienced outside of the little sphere around me.  We had a successful crowd surf all the way from back to front.  I looked back once and there were plumes of marijuana smoke all over.  Multiple people got hauled out of the front.  There were fights in the back... 'Security' was in full force, but they were less douchey and had better shirts.

Oh, right, and there was a band playing music during all of this...

Points of interest

• Not terribly chatty.  They all seemed happy enough, but I guess when you're trying to plow through 23-24 songs in a limited time, you can't stop and chat too much.  We DID get the German translation story.
  • John pretended to fuck up Acoustic #3 again.  
  • John DID fuck up Home by starting to sing way too early.
  • John decided to throw water at the crowd twice.  It was almost appreciated because it was ungodly hot, but my new camera did not like it very much.
  • John asked the crowd to film the new songs but he said that if his dbag record execs asked, not to say he told us to.  He said something about legal downloading too, but I'll have to go re-listen to figure it out.  
  • Robby was AMAZING.  He's usually fun and makes faces and stuff, but he was jumping up on the monitors and yelling at people in the crowd in breaks in his songs and he was the most fun I've ever seen him.

The show was a lot of fun.  I'm sad they're done with my little region of the world for a while but I'm so happy that the LLI era and everything that came with it is safely over.

I failed my mission to get to the rail for Project: Stuff Security Mike Owns so I will leave you with possibly my favorite Robby moment EVER.

The girl who made the successful crowd surf was a young petite blonde girl.  It happened while they were playing Another Second Time Around.  She made it to the front and Security Mike was waiting to grab her (and probably eject her from the show).  Robby looks down and goes 'For me?'
THE END

« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2010, 8:46pm by nmf016 » IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

Re: Erie, PA 4-17-10
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18th, 2010, 3:58am »

That is such a funny story about Robby. He seems like such a easy going nice guy, I would love to meet them one day.. It will happen. When I am famous as well Smiley

The show sounds great. I neeeed to see them this summer! I remember when I saw them in Halifax John talked about George Bush a lot, and how if he was re-elected John would seriously consider relocating to Canada (something that I think would be cool but I think John is way too NY to ever live in Canada, I think he'd fit in great here though), and then he made fun of the Dixie Chicks, which was funny - even though I enjoy them.

Parts of your experience caused me to think back, for this, I apologize. Smiley
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18th, 2010, 1:58pm »

That really sucks how unorganized the ticket situation was. At least the show was good! I like having 24 song set list much better than having few songs and more talking.  
Someone crowd surfed at Potsdam before the show started too.

I was a little concerned that I was going to be stuck in the back because we got to Clarkson like 45 minutes before the doors opened and there was already a ton of people there. They weren't even checking tickets when they let us in.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19th, 2010, 12:45pm »

Another great review Nicole. TWO Goo shows!!! Awesome. I didn't know you had so many ... a little jealous over here  Wink Sorry about the FUBAR line/ticket issue. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end though.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19th, 2010, 5:33pm »

Yes, but they're all over now.  Undecided

I have to keep telling myself to wait for the summer tour because otherwise I will make a terrible life decision and go to Arkansas or something.  Cheesy
IP Logged
Lamb_Chop
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19th, 2010, 5:44pm »

... so I have a question for those of you who have attended shows. I got a basic ticket (not the pre-sale/Inner Machine ones) and was wondering how early I should show up? When I went to see Third Eye Blind this past summer, we got there during the warm up band and didn't have a good view at all but I like the Goos a WHOLE lot more than I do 3EB and REALLY want to be able to see them.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19th, 2010, 7:04pm »

I arrived in Oswego at about 3:30.  Got to Erie about 4:15.  Doors for both opened at 7.  I was on the rail for Oswego and should have been on the rail for Erie if staff hadn't failed at life.  In my case, both shows were in unfamiliar places and on weekends so we decided it was worth getting there early.

Some factors to consider
-The warmer the weather, the earlier people will get there (snow in Erie = less people in line!)
-People will get there earlier on weekends than weekdays

If you decide to get there early, you are not required to stay put in line the whole time.  If you become friendly with the people around you in line, no one will care if you come and go to use the restroom, get food or put things in your car.  
IP Logged
Lamb_Chop
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19th, 2010, 11:02pm »

Well yeah I have no idea what Clive is like since I live in Kansas City, but the show is on a Tuesday night so that's good I'm guessing?
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 20th, 2010, 11:14am »

on Apr 19th, 2010, 5:33pm, the stamped o wrote:
Yes, but they're all over now.  Undecided

I have to keep telling myself to wait for the summer tour because otherwise I will make a terrible life decision and go to Arkansas or something.  Cheesy

Or *cough* *cough* coming to the Ann Arbor show. Come on .... you know you want to  Grin Me, Lauren, Tara, Terri. It's gonna be a party up in there Wink

After reading all these GA reviews I've come to the conclusion that I'm very grateful the Ann Arbor show has assigned seating throughout the whole building. It will be nice to not have to wait in line for hours to get to the front.  Our seats are pretty good.

Did you see our very own Terri aka Tripper won a m&g for Ann Arbor?  :nanner: :nanner: Yay for Terri!!!!!
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2010, 2:14pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Apr 20th, 2010, 3:32pm »

on Apr 20th, 2010, 11:14am, Shannon wrote:

Or *cough* *cough* coming to the Ann Arbor show. Come on .... you know you want to  Grin Me, Lauren, Tara, Terri. It's gonna be a party up in there Wink

Ugh, you guys have to tell me BEFORE tickets go on sale that you want me to come bother you.  Plus my passport expired last month and I haven't renewed yet.  Also, I want a London reunion.  (I'm hoarding vacation days at work.  I promised Tara I'd try to come for the summer tour)

I saw that Terri won a M&G.  Congrats!!  Be nice.  Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]