Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Buffalo News 3/9 »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Buffalo News 3/9
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Buffalo News 3/9  (Read 933 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Buffalo News 3/9
« on: Mar 9th, 2010, 4:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/09/982103/goo-goo-dolls-announce-spri ng.html

The Goo Goo Dolls announced today that the band with Buffalo roots will kick off a spring tour on April 6 and release a new album later this year.

The tour crisscrosses the country through mid-June, according to a press release, but the band has released dates only through May 16 and there are no Buffalo dates on the list. According to bassist Robby Takac, however, that will change come summer.

"We'll be in Buffalo during the summer months, as part of a killer package tour that will be announced soon," Takac said on Tuesday afternoon, speaking by phone from the recording studio, where he, Goos colleague John Rzeznik and the album's production team were finishing mixes on a final song for the forthcoming "Something For the Rest of Us" album. It is the band's ninth studio album.

"The summer trek starts in July, right around the time the record is out," Takac said. "Having the tour booked gave us a deadline. It's a good thing, or else we might've just kept working on this record forever. It'll be nice to be out there playing the new songs."

Takac also mentioned that he and his Music is Art team will be making an announcement soon regarding this year's MIA Festival. Ticket information for the tour can be found at www.googoodolls.com.

1.  Record in July-  THAT'S NOT LATE SPRING, GUYS.  Also, this album is never getting released.

2.  'Package tour'- Why do visions of the opening for the Counting Crows come to mind?

3.  MIA announcement - Spoiler.  It's September 11.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Buffalo News 3/9
« Reply #1 on: Mar 9th, 2010, 7:08pm »

Also, Robby was on WEDG this evening.  Basically, the radio guys had read this article and kind of lead Robby along to repeat it, so there's nothing too life altering.

You can download it here

http://www.wedg.com/sectional.asp?id=22412
IP Logged
sympathy_0
Goo God

Never you mind.

View Profile WWW

Re: Buffalo News 3/9
« Reply #2 on: Mar 9th, 2010, 9:52pm »

on Mar 9th, 2010, 6:45pm, SuperShade20100 wrote:
July? I'll have grandkids by then!

Thanks for the article, though.

Even I will have grandkids by then!

BUT LETS GET REAL, WHO IS ACTUALLY SURPRISED? Wink Haha.  I love it! Cheesy And how did late spring = mid-late summer? Because I think we should expect at least one more date pushback.. Haha. I hope we at least have a single before then (possibly soon?)

I hope we know what song is currently being recorded, I want to know what song was so good that they had to add it in! Cheesy

Thanks for the news!
IP Logged

www.youtube.com/forbuss
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]