Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: RARE: Goo Goo Dolls Live In Buffalo 12-87 »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Re: RARE: Goo Goo Dolls Live In Buffalo 12-87
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: RARE: Goo Goo Dolls Live In Buffalo 12-87  (Read 2550 times)
DWG

Email

« on: Jan 25th, 2008, 4:52pm »

lol...it's so quiet in here while everyone's watching Nick's video.

*goes back to watching some crazy Goos*

:seeya:

PS: I think I'd pay for a copy of the DVD. Not sure what I've got in trade. Will have to hunt through my collection.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2008, 5:02pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 5:11pm »

I would LOVE to have that on DVD, but I highly doubt I have anything that you don't have. Undecided
IP Logged
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 5:40pm »

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for posting!  
I doubt I have anything that you would be looking for.
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 8:32pm »

That's great Nick! It's so fun to see them before I was a fan. They really were crazy & fun weren't they? The music's not that great but they're highly entertaining.

I doubt I have anything to trade either. I'm a huge fan but not much of a collector.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 10:31pm »

Thanks for uploading and sharing this.  I flipped through it quickly, but I'll have to wait to get rid of the headache before I attempt to watch this for real.  I think I have the audio version judging from some banter I just saw...

on Jan 25th, 2008, 3:28pm, Amigone9012 wrote:
Anywho I'm Just Wondering If People Would Pay For Copies Of This Show On DVD And What They Think A Fair Price Would Be?

The only fair price is the cost of the blank media and shipping.  From a very generous standpoint, that's $3.

And while I love trading, I am hesitant to trade with anyone who I think might be selling bootlegs.
IP Logged
Shade
Another Thread Killer
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 10:45am »

Unwritten rule amongst traders is price of the blank DVD.
IP Logged
Come_2_Me_Rebel_Beatz
Naked

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 10:56am »

audio?
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 11:31am »

on Jan 26th, 2008, 9:25am, Amigone9012 wrote:
I Have Never Charged Anybody For Bootlegs

I Was Just Leaving It As A Option

If It's This RARE A Copy Must Be At-least Worth $13
xD

Here's the flaw to that though: If it's 'rare' and you sell it to 10 people for $13 and make about $10 profit, you have now made $100 profit off something you likely got for free, at the expense of your fellow fans.  And if you did pay for it, I sure hope you didn't pay $100, meaning you're still profiting.  

You're also selling something as being 'rare' and perhaps some people will buy it, hoping that they have bought something worthy of trading to build their own collections, but then they find out it's not really rare anymore because the 'rare' item has been sold to nine other people who are also trying to trade it out.

There's nothing wrong with trading.  There's nothing wrong with sharing.  There's nothing wrong with choosing to selectively trade to get what you want.  But the moment money changes hands for a bootleg (aside from B&P), you are taking advantage of your fellow fans.
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 12:58pm »

Thanks for showing us this Nick.

It's really cool to see the Goo's way back when they first started.

I do have to agree with what Nicole says though...
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 12:04pm »

on Jan 27th, 2008, 10:00am, Amigone9012 wrote:
Well Then Ill Just Keep It To Myself Since Everyone Is Getting So Pushed Out Of Shape. Sad

And I Don't Get How Its Fair To Just Pay The Price Of The Media And Then The Shipping

Then What Do I Get In Return Other Then Lossing Time Burning And Mailing Out ThingsHuh

I Try To Be Nice And I Get My Head Bitten Off xD

From Now On Ill Only Post Rare Things On My Board

I don't think you're getting your head bitten off.  Everyone who has responded has been thankful for your sharing and respectful, even if they do not agree with what you're saying or doing.

In your initial post, you asked us what was a fair price for something.  I answered and some others agreed.  While I am sorry you don't like my answer of what is 'fair', I stand by it.  I guess I don't know what you expected when you asked the question.  

This messageboard has been around a long time and the rule (spoken and unspoken at times) is that there is no selling for a profit of reproducible media.  There are other places that don't seem to think twice about it, but it's not the way of doing things here, at least not publicly.  As far as your time for burning and mailing, well, there's no real way of quantifying that.  I personally always wrote that off because you just hit 'record' and walk away, and then drop it in the mailbox on the way to doing something else.  I surely could never justify $10 for that.  Choosing to give something out for the cost of B&P or free generally means you don't get anything for it, except for the good feeling it gives you knowing you might have made someone else happy.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2008, 12:13pm by nmf016 » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]