Banner by laurengoo

WOG link calendar link
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Goo Greatest Hits Rarieties TRACK LIST (???) »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Goo Greatest Hits Rarieties TRACK LIST (???)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Goo Greatest Hits Rarieties TRACK LIST (???)  (Read 4411 times)
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Goo Greatest Hits Rarieties TRACK LIST (???)
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 10:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I knew someone would be PO'd that I called Hate This Place a filler song but I wrote it anyways.  It just doesn't scream "radio single" to me ... sorry. Cry
IP Logged
The Cerulean O
Goo God

Goddamn it, I hate side quests.

sweetcharade93
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 12:23am »

on Jan 12th, 2008, 9:09pm, nmf009 wrote:

Yes, I've seen/heard Robby and Mike singing Name.  Mike singing (dramatically reciting Chris Walken style) did not work for me and if I remember correctly, Robby sounded fine, but Name and Black Balloon are two very different hurdles.  And in my opinion, it seems like a terrible idea.  No worries though, because the more I think about it, the more I know there's no chance in hell this is a real tracklist.

I agree, it's probably fake, but I think I'd give Robby a chance before I say it doesn't work. Tongue
Maybe it's just my unwavering love of Robby.

Awwwwwww, *hugs Hate This Place* Don't listen to that meanie head....You'd be fine on the radio....
XD
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2008, 12:24am by The Cerulean O » IP Logged

I made it. Ask before you take it, yo.
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 9:34am »

That's cool. Smiley
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 10:33am »

I too don't think this is the real track list. There's just too much randomness. They also have many more way better b-list tracks than Take Me Out. Something about this just doesn't feel right.  

If the CD isn't coming out until April, I agree with Nicole that there's no way we'd know the tracklist yet.  

Thanks for posting and giving us something interesting to discuss.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2008, 10:34am by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

djgeneral
Dizzy

GOO GOO DOLLS

adaytobeaone
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 11:10am »

I believe this is just a draft of the CD. I'm sure not all of these songs will make, but it is just giving us an idea. I have some contacts in the music industry/radio, and I was able to get some of his. I will keep you guys updated of course with any updates I can get my hands on.  

Just wondering, what makes you guys think that "In The Mist" and "Pocket Watch" do not sound like Goo titles lol. I think any title of any song (ok within reason! lol) could be a title, but that's just me -- I don't like In The Mist but for some reason, Pocket Watch sounds interesting to me.
IP Logged

My first Goo Goo Dolls concert: August 26!
Freedom Hill in Michigan.
Yay!
Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 11:37am »

LOL, wow, from that list I have to say I'm surprised "Walkin' With My Monkey" didn't make the cut too...  Tongue  Wink

I know I don't post much, bad lurking disease going on nowadays, but I guess I'm joining the cynical group. I'll wait til we have a confirmed list from a "revealed" source rather than a guess. Something about Pocket Watch, [Gorillas] In The Mist (sorry, its what my mind went to when I saw the title), 2 (9) Days in Feb and Acoustic #4 don't sit well with me. I guess Pocket Watch could be a Robby song, but I doubt there'll be many (if any) new Robby songs on there judging from the (lack of) record label love for his songs on the last few albums...

And LOL DWG! I think I would die of disappointment if we got any B-sides from Let Love In.  

But yeah dj general, at least it gives us something to discuss in a calm, rational and sensible manner.  Tongue I'm sure you understand why people aren't swallowing the whole of this. We need more than one source I guess. I'll be first in line to accept it when we get a WB statement....
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 1:59pm »

on Jan 13th, 2008, 11:10am, djgeneral wrote:
I believe this is just a draft of the CD. I'm sure not all of these songs will make, but it is just giving us an idea. I have some contacts in the music industry/radio, and I was able to get some of his. I will keep you guys updated of course with any updates I can get my hands on.  

Just wondering, what makes you guys think that "In The Mist" and "Pocket Watch" do not sound like Goo titles lol. I think any title of any song (ok within reason! lol) could be a title, but that's just me -- I don't like In The Mist but for some reason, Pocket Watch sounds interesting to me.

Sorry, but I think this is really lame.  This whole thing reeks of "the GGD boards are slow and boring, how about I make something up to cause some activity".

You post the initial post on two different messageboards yesterday and there isn't even a slight disclaimer that it might not be real and tell us to believe it.  Then, some people don't buy it and you start backtracking and calling it 'a draft' (a day later) to give us an idea.  We already had an idea as the band has already said this disc could have demos, rarities, b-sides, covers, or new songs.  Providing an unfounded tracklist of some random b-sides and made up covers and new songs doesn't give us an idea of anything, it just causes confusion.
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 5:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Pocket Watch sounds like a hip-hop song where there's some skeevy dude who sits on the street corner scoping out who he's gonna pick-pocket next.

yo.
IP Logged
The Cerulean O
Goo God

Goddamn it, I hate side quests.

sweetcharade93
View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 9:24pm »

on Jan 13th, 2008, 3:49pm, Gage Naylor wrote:
Feel The Cactus

Did anyone else just wanna write to Weird Al?
IP Logged

I made it. Ask before you take it, yo.
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 9:48pm »

We have our own Weird Al.  He works for free.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]