Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Most anticipated music of 2008 »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Most anticipated music of 2008
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Most anticipated music of 2008  (Read 2731 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Most anticipated music of 2008
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 1:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 13th, 2008, 12:18am, The Cerulean O wrote:

Oh, geeze, sorry. Embarassed Uhm, I don't know if you're on the IM, but although my subscription ran out earlier this month, towards the end there, I couldn't say anything like that without getting in a fight. Better get used to it being different, huh?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything harshly if it came off that way.  

I was on the IM at one time, but am not anymore.  The difference between there and here is this:  There are a lot more people there and a lot of them have no forum experience, so anything anyone says will spark a fight.  It's also very easy for someone to be an anonymous jerk who then fuels existing fights.  Here, there are a lot less regular posters and you can more or less voice any opinion you want without getting dogpiled, but you also shouldn't expect that anyone will necessarily chime in that they agree with you.

Is the reason you're not re-subscribing because of not being able to say certain things without getting in a fight?
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 9:54am »

on Jan 13th, 2008, 12:18am, The Cerulean O wrote:

Oh, geeze, sorry. Embarassed Uhm, I don't know if you're on the IM, but although my subscription ran out earlier this month, towards the end there, I couldn't say anything like that without getting in a fight. Better get used to it being different, huh?

Yes, Nicole's right. Things are very different here. I feel like this is a forum that anyone can have any opinion and it can be discussed civilly without jumping down each other throats and fighting all the time. We are a much smaller forum than IM and most of us have been around here a long time and know each other well. We don't always agree but we always respect each other's opinions. And members here don't tend to start stuff just for the sake of ensuing arguments.

So don't worry. If you express your opinions here we may not agree but we won't cyber yell at you or tell you off just because you don't have the same opinion.  :grouphug:
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

The Cerulean O
Goo God

Goddamn it, I hate side quests.

sweetcharade93
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 6:10pm »

Oh, thank goodness. It's so good to hear someone say that. *hugs this forum*

on Jan 13th, 2008, 1:49am, nmf009 wrote:
Is the reason you're not re-subscribing because of not being able to say certain things without getting in a fight?  

Actually, it's because I can't afford it right now, but yes, that was one of the deciding factors.
IP Logged

I made it. Ask before you take it, yo.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]