Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Most anticipated music of 2008 »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Most anticipated music of 2008
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Most anticipated music of 2008  (Read 2720 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« on: Jan 10th, 2008, 6:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

music;columns;reviews
Aaron Schiffelbein
The Daily Evergreen
Published: 01/10/2008 00:00:00

The Goo Goo Dolls – “Volume 2: Rarities,” spring 2008 “Greatest Hits: Volume 1” was a big letdown and as it turns out, the band had little to do with the actual album itself. Fortunately, part two is coming sometime this spring and I am anxious to hear a comprehensive collection of the Dolls’ rarities all in one place. The band has been around for 20 years and it just makes sense to release an album of B-sides at this point in their career. Still, you have to hand it to them for releasing such a stellar record in 2006 in the form of “Let Love In.” I wouldn’t count the Goo Goo Dolls out just yet.

If you want to read the full article....click here .... http://www.dailyevergreen.com/story/24338
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

When he takes me in his arms I see la vie en rose.

View Profile

Re: Most anticipated music of 2008
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 11:31am »

Stellar?   Huh
IP Logged
Christina
Goo God

I got a head that don't let me sleef

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 1:21pm »

How was GHV1 a "huge letdown"? Like, I didn't buy it and don't plan to, but it's pretty much exactly what I expected. Tongue

But I am really looking forward to GHV2 if it's a good compilation of material. It's been a while since they've put out anything I've been excited about buying, and I'd love to see that change...
IP Logged

"i have never wanted something so badly as having people just show up at ggd concerts dressed as presidential fruit"
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 7:36pm »

on Jan 10th, 2008, 11:31am, ChickenCookie wrote:
Stellar?   Huh

Maybe he doesn't know what stellar means?  Cheesy

on Jan 10th, 2008, 1:21pm, Pondering My Fate wrote:
How was GHV1 a "huge letdown"? Like, I didn't buy it and don't plan to, but it's pretty much exactly what I expected. Tongue

But I am really looking forward to GHV2 if it's a good compilation of material. It's been a while since they've put out anything I've been excited about buying, and I'd love to see that change...

I don't get why people had a problem with what was on GHV1 either.  The band was relatively straightforward and said it is a collection of their Top 10 songs (plus a random song that had nothing to do with anything, but whatever) and that's what it was.  I don't know why people were hoping for anything more than that.

And I can't wait for a tracklisting of GHV2 so I can decide if I should be excited or not.
IP Logged
The Cerulean O
Goo God

Goddamn it, I hate side quests.

sweetcharade93
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10th, 2008, 7:48pm »

Bah, I don't know why you guys hate Let Love In so much. It's not their best, I'll give you that, but it's better than Jed...or First Release....Or Hold Me Up....And I thoroughly enjoy those albums. *runs and hugs the entire Goo collection*
IP Logged

I made it. Ask before you take it, yo.
ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

When he takes me in his arms I see la vie en rose.

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11th, 2008, 11:00am »

on Jan 10th, 2008, 7:48pm, The Cerulean O wrote:
Bah, I don't know why you guys hate Let Love In so much. It's not their best, I'll give you that, but it's better than Jed...or First Release....Or Hold Me Up....

Well I guess it's a matter of opinion.  I take any of those albums - especially HMU - over LLI any day of the week.  In fact, I gave my copy of LLI away, while the others including First Release are a permanent fixture in my car, where I frequently swap them out with one another.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11th, 2008, 5:57pm »

on Jan 10th, 2008, 7:48pm, The Cerulean O wrote:
Bah, I don't know why you guys hate Let Love In so much. It's not their best, I'll give you that, but it's better than Jed...or First Release....Or Hold Me Up....And I thoroughly enjoy those albums. *runs and hugs the entire Goo collection*

I don't regularly listen to FR or Jed, but I can respect them for what they are and that they made sense at the time they were made.  Jed got a lot more play when I was an angry teenager.  Cheesy

Hold Me Up was a HUGE leap from the albums before, but it still makes sense in the Goo timeline.  HMU does not have many of my favorite songs, but the album as a whole piece to listen to straight through will probably always be my favorite.

The first time I heard LLI I honestly thought I was having a nightmare (it was about 3 am) or that someone had put up the wrong songs.  After the long wait and the progression from DUTG to GF, where there was a little more rock and a lot of very believable emotion, the cliche lyrics and guitars-that-sound-like-keyboards of LLI were heart breaking.
IP Logged
The Cerulean O
Goo God

sweetcharade93
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 6:26pm »

*shrug* I suppose it's a matter of taste, and it's something we'll have to agree to disagree on.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 9:11pm »

on Jan 12th, 2008, 6:26pm, The Cerulean O wrote:
*shrug* I suppose it's a matter of taste, and it's something we'll have to agree to disagree on.

I agree.  I wasn't arguing.  You said you didn't understand why some people dislike LLI and told us it was better than some of their albums.  And I responded with my opinion.  I'm not asking anyone to agree with me.
IP Logged
The Cerulean O
Goo God

sweetcharade93
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 12:18am »

on Jan 12th, 2008, 9:11pm, nmf009 wrote:

I agree.  I wasn't arguing.  You said you didn't understand why some people dislike LLI and told us it was better than some of their albums.  And I responded with my opinion.  I'm not asking anyone to agree with me.

Oh, geeze, sorry. Embarassed Uhm, I don't know if you're on the IM, but although my subscription ran out earlier this month, towards the end there, I couldn't say anything like that without getting in a fight. Better get used to it being different, huh?
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2008, 12:18am by The Cerulean O » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]