Banner by laurengoo

WOG link calendar link
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades Influenced By Goo!! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades Influenced By Goo!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades Influenced By Goo!!  (Read 611 times)
JohnnysValentine
Goo God

LS3041   Lauren3540
View Profile WWW Email

Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades Influenced By Goo!!
« on: Dec 11th, 2007, 10:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey, Goobers!!

Tonight I bought the latest CD the side project of Shaw-Blades called "Influence". This band is a side project for Tommy Shaw (Styx) and Jack Blades (Night Ranger). The CD is covers of their favorite songs from the 60's and 70's. I was reading the liner notes and they both talk about how they re-did these songs. Here are the two songs that Tommy and Jack mention The Goos. I got these items from their website. If you want to hear the songs go to shawblades.com.

Lauren

“I Am a Rock” Listen  

(Simon & Garfunkel, 1966)

Jack Blades: “Tommy had an idea to do this one almost like the Foo Fighters or the Goo Goo Dolls, and it was fun. We let ourselves take certain liberties with some songs, like this one, and then on others we tried to stay true to the original.”

Tommy Shaw: “We took this to a whole other level – I’m surprised no one has ever cut this in a heavier version, it was a natural.”

“Dance with Me” Listen  

(Orleans, 1975)

Tommy Shaw: “Jack’s son, Colin, a very experimental songwriter himself, is always playing with different tunings, and he showed me this tuning that he said was a typical Johnny Rzeznik [Goo Goo Dolls] tuning. I tried it, and this song came to life like in a way I’d never heard it. I’d played this song in bars back before I joined Styx, but the original was sounding a little too sweet for us in that form. This tuning gave it some darkness, which set the lyrics in a more introspective tone. Jack’s bass, Randy Mitchell’s drum loops, and a little sprinkling of mandolin dust was all this one needed.”
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2007, 10:56pm by JohnnysValentine » IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades Influenced By Goo!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12th, 2007, 6:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That's cool. Thanks for sharing. Cheesy
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]