Banner by laurengoo

WOG link calendar link
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Help me, to help you. (44 Min Demo Now Posted) »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Help me, to help you. (44 Min Demo Now Posted)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help me, to help you. (44 Min Demo Now Posted)  (Read 2888 times)
googoofan5
Up, Up, Up

View Profile

Help me, to help you. (44 Min Demo Now Posted)
« on: Oct 16th, 2007, 7:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Alright, I've seen a lot of talk about the IN YOUR BLOOD song that I put up on this site a while ago, and since, alot of people have been asking me for the entire, uncut, 44 min demo reel from the SSCW demos.  
As hard as some people have been looking for it, they can't find it, and I am in a similar situation.  I have been looking for the poster the GOOs had on their site back in 1998, the one where they are in the mens room and John is choking Mike, I think.  It was a remake of a famous shot.
I have only seen it once on ebay.  If anyone knows where I could get the poster at all, I will post the entire reel on the site.
The reel includes, In your blood (which was actually called a different name, can't understand what he says it is, then introduces it as the newly name in your blood song), so the story goes, on the lie (w/ extended bridge), full complete song of tell me something I dont know, another second time around (x2), lready there, Fallin down, close your eyes, girl right next to me, Cuz your gone, string of lies (instrumental), we are the normal (instrumental w/ ruff violin and organ type keyboard), and the beginning of Don't worry...after that the tape cuts out.  Again, it is fully uncut and unmodified...
If it turns out no one can help me find the poster in question, I'm gonna post the reel anyway.  Just any help would be appreciated.  If I can't find one by Nov. 16th, I'll start a new thread and let you know where you can get the file.  The next thing on my list is to record the extended version of two days in feb. that I have on vinyl.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you can give me any idea as to where to find the poster, THANKS AGAIN!
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2007, 7:06am by googoofan5 » IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: Help me, to help you.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16th, 2007, 8:32pm »

For reference:

No idea where to get it.  If I knew, I'd have 6.  This is the only poster I've ever really liked by the Goos and I've been lazily looking for it for years with no luck.

Aside from getting really lucky on eBay and finding an old fan selling their collection to make a quick buck, the best chance you probably have, which is a long shot, is to contact the photographer and see if you can buy a print.  The photographer is either Bob Mussell or Melanie Nissen, it appears.

Good luck.  If you happen to get any info, please let us know.  I'd love to have this poster as well.
IP Logged
googoofan5
Up, Up, Up

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 16th, 2007, 10:45pm »

Hey, I just wanted to say, that is the most information I have gotten about the picture, even with all the time spent looking for it.  Thank you so much!  If I have time tomorrow, I'll get around to it and post the reel early.  But if anyone has one and wants to sell it, let me know!
IP Logged
googoofan5
Up, Up, Up

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17th, 2007, 9:51pm »

OK, here it is everyone.  One of my most prized MP3's.  Something probably a very few of you have, and only a couple more who heard the sections I cut out of it and posted on here.  So without anymore waiting, I am giving back to the GOO community who has been so good to me, and providing you with the Rare 44 Min. Uncut SSCW Reel.  I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

P.S. - Any info on the poster at all, please send me a message!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U99SFLUB
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17th, 2007, 10:13pm »

Thank you so much for this...

I'll keep my eye out on eBay too, just in case cause you never know.

But again, thank you so much!
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18th, 2007, 1:22pm »

Thanks a lot for this.  I listened to it last night and noticed a lot of cool things.  I'm definitely going to need to listen to this a whole lot more.  Cheesy

on Oct 17th, 2007, 9:51pm, googoofan5 wrote:
Rare 44 Min. Uncut SSCW Reel

I love that this is the title, when CLEARLY it's not uncut.  Not blaming you, I know this is the title used by everyone who has it.
IP Logged
googoofan5
Up, Up, Up

View Profile

Re: Help me, to help you. (44 Min Demo Now Posted)
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18th, 2007, 1:40pm »

As for the title, I thought that alot of it was pretty continuous.  Anyway, you are correct though, the title is what it is referred to, as the site I got it from referred to it as an Uncut reel.  Enjoy it though, you'll notice that every time you listen to it you will catch something different.
IP Logged
Amigone9012
Up, Up, Up

Full Forever - A Goo Goo Dolls Message Board

nickbrydon   Brydon9012
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Oct 18th, 2007, 10:16pm »

Thank You So Much :

Iv'e Been Looking For This Forever

Just Wondering If It Would Be Ok To Post It On My Board?

IP Logged

Peace, Love, Goo

Amigone9012,
~Nick Brydon~ @};-

http://amigone9012.proboards82.com/index.cgi

Visit My Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/this_twisted_realty

Or Hit Me Up On MSN

[email protected]
googoofan5
Up, Up, Up

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 7:05am »

Sure, I don't see why not.  I've grabbed a whole bunch of stuff I didn't have before from your site, so it is only right that you do the same.  Enjoy it!
IP Logged
Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19th, 2007, 8:04am »

Wow, thanks so much for posting that, it made my week! There's so many little cool bits there, I'm really enjoying listening. LMAO at John's random yells in the commentary from time to time Tongue  Thanks again!  Grin Grin

on Oct 18th, 2007, 1:22pm, nmf016 wrote:

I love that this is the title, when CLEARLY it's not uncut.  Not blaming you, I know this is the title used by everyone who has it.

LOL, I just assumed it meant that this was the version that everyone had, that they hadn't cut it into seperate songs even if the tape itself had been cut before it got to bootleggers.  Huh
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]