Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Had to let a critic know how I feel »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Had to let a critic know how I feel
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Had to let a critic know how I feel  (Read 587 times)
Marlena
Naked

Let Love in Before It's Too Late

View Profile Email

Had to let a critic know how I feel
« on: Aug 29th, 2007, 4:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I hate when critics(or ayone for that matter) take shots at John and the boys. So I had to leave a comment. Do you think I got my point across? My comment is at end of article.........

Fox Announces The Next Unnecessary Search Contest: American Band
August 28th, 2007 at 14:00 by Annette Hyde  

Wow, television network executives are really brilliant. Brilliant, we say, because they’re saving gobs of money by not making shows that actually need writers, and instead continue to produce reality shows and search contests that are so painfully mind-numbing and repetitive that we want to tear out our hair and dropkick the television set into a pool of liquid-hot magma.  

And so it’s no surprise that the masterminds at the Fox Network have once again tapped into this brilliant television production tactic. Despite our long succession of ‘please air something other than crap’ petitions, one man angst rallies outside network headquarters, and, consequently, 'cease and desist' letters to us from the Fox lawyers, the network has announced a new search contest called American Band. Soon, American Band will be followed by exciting spin-offs such as American Halo Player, American Cow Tipper, and American Mime. Check your local TV listings!  

We know, we know. You’re thinking it’s going to be just like American Idol, right? Well, you’re wrong because American Band will feature young, unheard of musicians that will be critiqued by random, semi-celebrity judges with wacky personalities, and then voted on by a nation of pre-teens that will never buy the winners’ album, thereby exiling the next big act into clearance bin oblivion the second the show is over. See? Totally different.  

Actually, as far as we can tell, the main difference between American Idol and American Band – aside from the obvious solo singer versus musical ensemble format, respectively – is the identity of the judges and the host. American Band will feature John Reznik from the Goo Goo Dolls (no, we don't know why either), famous drummer Sheila E., and Ian "Dicko" Dickson. We don’t really know who Dickson is or is we’re supposed to know who he is, but apparently he’s some Australian TV personality. The host of American Band will be New Zealand Idol host Dominic Bowden. We don’t know who this guy is either, but we’re sure to watch because boy-oh-boy do those foreign accents make us swoon!  

The judges will be responsible for narrowing down the auditioning acts to 10 bands that will then perform a variety of song covers and original music. Similar to American Idol, the bands will be voted on by America until only one band remains. The remaining band will receive a recording contract with 19 Records. Then the band will step to the forefront of music innovation with fellow search contest band winners as O-Town, Da Band, and the impending success of VH1’s Man Band.  

On second thought, it might be interesting to see what talents lay dormant in America’s garage bands. Someone please just warn us when it's Goo Goo Dolls cover night, because if we have to hear that song from the City of Angels soundtrack ever again we’re going to rip our arm off and beat ourselves to a lifeless pulp with it.

Marlena Says:  
August 29th, 2007 at 1:28 am  
Being a Huge Goo Goo Dolls fan for 15 years, I was very offeneded by your article. John Rzeznik is the most talented singer-songer writer we have today. If anything, having him on this show might give this show ratings.
The Goo Goo Dolls are the best rock band around and have been around for 21 years. Not alot of bands can say that. Plus they still are releasing new material that gets played on top 40 radio.
Obiviuosly, you don’t know talent when you see it or hear it!
And as for the song “Iris” it is a classic that I would never get tired of hearing.

Maria Says:  
August 29th, 2007 at 5:25 pm  
I agree with Marlena…John Rzeznik is an underrated musician and he definetely should be given more credit.
The band would have been long gone if they had been unsuccesful, so let’s leave it at that. Iris was a smash hit and I bet if any other well-known band had composed it ,people wouldnt get tired of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]