Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D!  (Read 200434 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1160 on: Sep 10th, 2008, 9:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have 4 Goo songs on my iTunes and Real is not one of them so I can't play. Cheesy I actually do like Real, I just don't generally listen to music on my computers.

Hi, Nicole!  Nice to see you here again.  Hope school is going well.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2008, 9:35pm by nmf016 » IP Logged
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #1161 on: Sep 13th, 2008, 9:52am »

Ooh, poll! I love polls.  

Real - 35  
and Real - 35, lol.  

It's my most played song too. It's only the clip from ggd.com though, I don't want to buy the song before the new CD comes out.  

But let's say that aside of Real, my most played songs are Big Machine/Out of the Red with both 24 plays.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1162 on: Sep 13th, 2008, 8:22pm »

I braved the elements (and the terrifying Scajaquada Expressway) today and went to MIA.  It was the first one I have properly attended, since I have been away, busy, or exhausted for nearly all of the previous ones.

The set up was really cool.  I'm sure most people aren't completely familiar with the Albright Knox, but the back section has a big stairway and then lawn all around.  They had two stages on either side of the stairway and then another stage at the bottom of the stairs, and ideally, the bands and dancers would rotate on each stage.  Off to the sides, they had artists displaying their work and food vendors.  On the side of the building, there was a dj section.  Buffalo State College is right across the street, so there was lots of parking nearby.  It all seemed to fit really nicely and I hope the wet lawn wasn't trampled so badly that the Albright Knox people don't invite MIA back next year.  Cheesy

I had intended to get there in time for Robby's performance with some Sabres and belly dancers.  Unfortunately, even though I arrived about five minutes prior to their scheduled start, I missed it... I did see Inlite, the winners of the battle of the bands, and Terry Sullivan, who has released an album on Robby's label.  Then, since it was drizzling and I had some time before the next act I wanted to see, I decided to leave for a bit (and come back with an umbrella).  I arrived about 20 minutes before Klear was scheduled, only to find out I missed them as well...  Apparently, MIA is the only event since the beginning of time to run ahead of schedule.

I didn't end up staying for Amungus and some others I was interested in because it started really pouring and I was really confused about scheduling.  In other words, I completely failed at seeing every performance I wanted to see.  Cheesy

I DID see Robby running around like a maniac though.  I initially walked through the whole thing to see if I saw him around and I didn't.  But the moment I stopped looking for him, he was everywhere.  Every time Robby does something really good for the WNY community, I am just so proud of him and so grateful we have such an amazing guy representing us and it was cool to see it in person today.  I know he's not, like, so famous that is is stalked by paparazzi or anything, but when I think of a 'rock star' or famous musician, I don't think of someone very down to earth and interested in dealing with 'commoners'.  But I would see Robby heading off for somewhere and someone would motion to him and he'd happily go over to chat or take pictures, even if it was out of the way (I didn't chase him down.  Face to face, I wouldn't even know what to say.  I would simultaneously have nothing and everything to say to him).  While I was watching a performance, he went and sat in the roped off area and watched and when the newswoman filming next to me waved her hand to get his attention, he waved right back and seemed so happy to be there.

And here is my attempt at stalking Robby.  I wasn't going to take a picture while he was standing, like, 3 feet away from me because that's too weird for me, so after I took a picture of Terry Sullivan, I very smoothly shifted a little to the left and got one of Robby.  Cheesy

IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #1163 on: Sep 13th, 2008, 11:15pm »

Sounds like you had a fun time Nicole. Smiley  Too bad about the rain and missing the performances you really wanted to see though.
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #1164 on: Sep 13th, 2008, 11:18pm »

For the poll, I've listened to Real 6 times (I was only able to buy it a few weeks ago in Canada).  And the most listened song is Black Balloon with a play count of 46.
IP Logged
d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #1165 on: Sep 14th, 2008, 8:29pm »

Real 2
Black Balloon 28

I'm surprised they're not higher. I think it's b/c I change my playlist a lot??
IP Logged

[img][/img]
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #1166 on: Sep 16th, 2008, 11:25am »

on Sep 13th, 2008, 8:22pm, nmf016 wrote:
I braved the elements (and the terrifying Scajaquada Expressway) today and went to MIA.  It was the first one I have properly attended, since I have been away, busy, or exhausted for nearly all of the previous ones.

The set up was really cool.  I'm sure most people aren't completely familiar with the Albright Knox, but the back section has a big stairway and then lawn all around.  They had two stages on either side of the stairway and then another stage at the bottom of the stairs, and ideally, the bands and dancers would rotate on each stage.  Off to the sides, they had artists displaying their work and food vendors.  On the side of the building, there was a dj section.  Buffalo State College is right across the street, so there was lots of parking nearby.  It all seemed to fit really nicely and I hope the wet lawn wasn't trampled so badly that the Albright Knox people don't invite MIA back next year.  Cheesy

I had intended to get there in time for Robby's performance with some Sabres and belly dancers.  Unfortunately, even though I arrived about five minutes prior to their scheduled start, I missed it... I did see Inlite, the winners of the battle of the bands, and Terry Sullivan, who has released an album on Robby's label.  Then, since it was drizzling and I had some time before the next act I wanted to see, I decided to leave for a bit (and come back with an umbrella).  I arrived about 20 minutes before Klear was scheduled, only to find out I missed them as well...  Apparently, MIA is the only event since the beginning of time to run ahead of schedule.

I didn't end up staying for Amungus and some others I was interested in because it started really pouring and I was really confused about scheduling.  In other words, I completely failed at seeing every performance I wanted to see.  Cheesy

I DID see Robby running around like a maniac though.  I initially walked through the whole thing to see if I saw him around and I didn't.  But the moment I stopped looking for him, he was everywhere.  Every time Robby does something really good for the WNY community, I am just so proud of him and so grateful we have such an amazing guy representing us and it was cool to see it in person today.  I know he's not, like, so famous that is is stalked by paparazzi or anything, but when I think of a 'rock star' or famous musician, I don't think of someone very down to earth and interested in dealing with 'commoners'.  But I would see Robby heading off for somewhere and someone would motion to him and he'd happily go over to chat or take pictures, even if it was out of the way (I didn't chase him down.  Face to face, I wouldn't even know what to say.  I would simultaneously have nothing and everything to say to him).  While I was watching a performance, he went and sat in the roped off area and watched and when the newswoman filming next to me waved her hand to get his attention, he waved right back and seemed so happy to be there.

And here is my attempt at stalking Robby.  I wasn't going to take a picture while he was standing, like, 3 feet away from me because that's too weird for me, so after I took a picture of Terry Sullivan, I very smoothly shifted a little to the left and got one of Robby.  Cheesy

That's cool you managed to get to MIA. I thought the way they had it set up looked really cool. If I lived closer to Buffalo I would definitely try to go too. Art and music .... sounds fun to me.

Thanks for your review of the event. Grin
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #1167 on: Sep 16th, 2008, 12:50pm »

That's a great question Drew. I'd like to know that too.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #1168 on: Oct 3rd, 2008, 5:32pm »

I don't know about you but I am really into the new version of "We'll be  Be here when our gone"
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #1169 on: Oct 13th, 2008, 8:31pm »

BUMP!!
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to my fellow Canucks!! Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]