Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Name Change Thread: Now in 3D!  (Read 200183 times)
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #1140 on: Aug 28th, 2008, 9:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 28th, 2008, 3:13pm, nmf016 wrote:
Today's obscure Goo news:

Paul Westerberg released a 20 minute 'song' yesterday and at about 3:18, he sings a line of "We Are the Normal".  It's not accidental, it is very intentionally covering the Goos' song. (If you write a song for a band and later record part of it youself, are you actually covering it?  Whatever.)

The full story for whoever may be interested in the drama currently surrounding Paul Westerberg:

Paul Westerberg recently decided to release this 'album' online with no notice whatsoever.  It was called 49:00, was 43:55 long, and was sold for $0.49 (unless you were an idiot like me and bought it for $0.89...).  It was this single track with a mash up of songs and got pretty weird and schizophrenic in places.  At the end, there was a couple minutes of him covering snippets of old 60/70s songs.  The album was pretty loved by everyone who heard it, but it was taken off of Amazon/Tunecore only a week or so after being released.  The assumed reason for its sudden disappearance was that one of the writers of one of the covered songs sued him to remove it.

A couple days later, a new song appeared on Tunecore with no announcement at all called 5:05, which seems to be Paul's direct response to whatever happened with 49:00.  It was kind of a 'fuck you' song.

Then, yesterday, because Paul Westerberg apparently is bored and wants to see what kind of legal trouble he can get himself in, another set of 'songs' appeared for download.  One of them is called '3oclockreep' and is filled with old Replacements' recordings of covers, Tom Waits cameos, and snippets of songs including We Are the Normal.  Now we wait and see if this download is removed.

You are just a waterfall of information. I love it when you are so informed about these things.

lol....you bought it for 0.89? Where? iTunes?
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1141 on: Aug 28th, 2008, 10:15pm »

I love Paul Westerberg, so I know this useless information..

No, I was an idiot.  It was originally available only on Amazon and I clicked to buy the track.  If you bought the track, it was $0.89.  If you bought the album, it was $0.49.  Shortly after I bought it, it was fixed.  I felt it would be ridiculous to demand my extra $0.40 back.  Cheesy
IP Logged
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #1142 on: Aug 29th, 2008, 11:05am »

Is 3oclockreep still downloadable? I love Paul Westerberg, we even share birthdays : D
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1143 on: Aug 29th, 2008, 3:04pm »

on Aug 29th, 2008, 11:05am, lionhill wrote:
Is 3oclockreep still downloadable? I love Paul Westerberg, we even share birthdays : D

http://www.tunecore.com/store/product/49

I take no responsibility if you hate it.  It's really weird.  Songs overlapping, talking, songs stopping in the middle.  If you like the recent albums from the basement, you can probably sort of tolerate it.  I love 49:00, but this new one is a hundred times crazier and I don't think I will be listening to it too much.  Cheesy

But you have the second most awesome birthday ever.  You share it with Paul Westerberg, Joey McIntyre (NKOTB!) and my best friend.  The most awesome birthday is the day before yours.  Cheesy
IP Logged
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #1144 on: Aug 31st, 2008, 8:24am »

on Aug 30th, 2008, 9:27am, Shade wrote:
I wonder why Nothing Can Change You isn't on Vol. 2

I wonder why a lot of songs aren't on Vol. 2.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1145 on: Aug 31st, 2008, 12:19pm »

They had GHV2 playing in my local Barnes and Noble today.  I walked in right as an uncensored 'fuck' rang through the entire bookstore of old ladies and children.  I'm pretty disappointed I was too late to hear No Way Out over the loudspeakers.
IP Logged
lionhill
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #1146 on: Sep 1st, 2008, 12:39pm »

on Aug 31st, 2008, 12:19pm, nmf016 wrote:
They had GHV2 playing in my local Barnes and Noble today.  I walked in right as an uncensored 'fuck' rang through the entire bookstore of old ladies and children.  I'm pretty disappointed I was too late to hear No Way Out over the loudspeakers.

I guess I kinda complain about this a lot, but I wish they would even play Iris in stores over here. You guys have no idea how lucky you are to hear random Goo.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1147 on: Sep 1st, 2008, 1:00pm »

Well, I live in the Buffalo region.  I know I hear/see more of the Goos than most people.  Cheesy
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #1148 on: Sep 1st, 2008, 1:47pm »

wow, feels like forever since I've posted on here.  actually can't remember the lact time I did Embarassed

how was everybody's summer??  can you believe it's september already? Shocked
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #1149 on: Sep 3rd, 2008, 8:49pm »

The band has an official YouTube page now!
(I apologize if everyone knew this already.)

http://www.youtube.com/thegoogoodolls
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]