Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Rzeznik Passes on Hollywood Offers / article »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Rzeznik Passes on Hollywood Offers / article
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rzeznik Passes on Hollywood Offers / article  (Read 907 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Rzeznik Passes on Hollywood Offers / article
« on: Aug 9th, 2007, 9:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Rzeznik Passes on Hollywood Offers  

Although the Goo Goo Dolls' "Fiction (Before It's Too Late)" soundtrack song for "Transformers" turned out to be a win/win for the band and the movie, they're not rushing to do more Hollywood tunesmithing. "I've turned down some stuff. I want to concentrate on playing right now," says frontman Johnny Rzeznik. "The 'Transformers' thing -- that was real special, you know, that was fun. I'll concentrate on writing again when we finish touring."
GGD wrap up their "Let Love In" tour next month -- almost a year and a half after embarking on the group's 20th anniversary, world-wide concert trek -- with stops in Tokyo and London, Texas and Ohio. And, frontman Johnny Rzeznik admits, "I'm ready to go home already. I enjoy playing, doing the gigs. But sometimes, everything that surrounds them can be a little trying."

Half-jokingly, the sexy singer attributes his and his bandmates' crammed schedule to "maybe just a little touch of fear and workaholism...It's nice that we can still get out there and play in front of thousands of people. The money's good, too."

He's looking forward to "hanging out at home, spending time with my girlfriend every day, normalizing my life. I really don't want to go on vacation."

Their final date is a special concert Sept. 6 at L.A.'s Greek Theater -- "My favorite place to play in Los Angeles," says Rzeznik -- that's a fundraiser on behalf of restoring the brush fire-damaged areas of the city's Griffith Park.

"We went up there with some firemen, who showed us some of the devastation, the scope of the fire," says Rzeznik. "We took some pictures of the place with some firefighters. They were cool."

GGD were followed by other acts including Tony Bennett, Clay Aiken and Los Lonely Boys in setting up concerts to aid the wounded park.

http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/celebrity/hollywoodexclusive.j sp?feature=ce_hol_08092007
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

Re: Rzeznik Passes on Hollywood Offers / article
« Reply #1 on: Aug 9th, 2007, 10:06am »

I find John grounded in a sense where he wants exposure but not over exposure.

Good for him. I'm excited for the 26th!!
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 9th, 2007, 3:55pm »

I'm sure he'll do more. I just don't think he wants to write on the road. I bet if something comes up when they're not touring he'd be more interested.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 9th, 2007, 5:52pm »

on Aug 9th, 2007, 4:51pm, Drew wrote:
Well, it's still very exciting that so many people are interested in them and want them to do songs for soundtracks!

Yeah, but then John will just whine about being "that guy" that all of the movie soundtrack people think he is.  
IP Logged
collegeunm
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 9th, 2007, 7:18pm »

this is a cool article.....very nice.....
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]