Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Record a personal message for the GGDs »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Record a personal message for the GGDs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Record a personal message for the GGDs  (Read 980 times)
SuzieGoo
Goo God

I wanna wake up where Goo are!

mb20suz
View Profile WWW

Record a personal message for the GGDs
« on: Jul 29th, 2007, 3:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So...I have an idea.......and I would need you guys help.

Here's my story....

Last year when Let Love In came out I was supposed to go to the show in Atlanta in April but my friend (who was coming with me), her mom went into the hospital the night before we were to head up there from Orlando.

Well, my dear, dear friend Eva, who managed to see John after the show, when she COULD have been spending the time chatting with him, taking pictures...you know....living in THAT moment, INSTEAD she asked him to call ME since I missed a really good chance to finally get to meet them! Well, I was out for a friend's birthday in a very loud place and could not answer the phone...so John left me THE sweetest voicemail EVER! A friend helped me get it from my voicemail converted into an mp3. Well, long story short, I have, by some amazing miracle managed to win a meet and greet for next Saturday in Tampa. I want to play the mp3 for him...and tell him how much it meant to me.....so that got me to thinking...  

Here is my idea.....most of us, obviously, have access to computers, most computers have a "sound recording" application on them....if you don't know how to use one I will tell you how in 3 easy steps....because what I really want to do is make a CD for them! Well, three CDs really....full of well wishes and gushy messages from all of us. Voicemails! I'm sure when they are traveling on their bus or on a plane it would be fun for them to spend a few minutes hearing messages from their fans...people maybe getting to say the things that they don't get to say in a 15-30 second meet and greet....or get so nervous or tongue tied that they can't seem to string together 2 words OR people like me, who have never had the chance to meet them but know exactly what they would want to tell them.....now is your chance.  

So.......I would love it if you guys would make a recording....something you would love to say to the Goo Goo Dolls and e-mail it to me....then I will put them all on a CD and make three copies and hand deliver them next Saturday night. If you have something special to say to one or the other of them or just a message for all three of them. So if you have a special message for Robby I will put it on Robby's CD but if you have a message for all three I will put it on all three CDs. I hope that makes sense.

I would only ask that you keep it clean...you know, fun, supportive, perhaps amusing messages...showing them how much they mean to us.....

I posted this on the IM too...I would love to get messages from as many people as I can fit on the CDs.  

What do you guys think?  

~ Susan
IP Logged

"Screw this rain..."

~ John ~ Robby! (Buffalo - July 4th)
mylondoncalling
Naked

View Profile Email

Re: Record a personal message for the GGDs
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 4:48pm »

i think it's an awesome idea! unfortunately i dont have any sound recording devices or anything, but if i find out that any of my friends has one or something, i'll try to get you a message ASAP! i hope people participate, it sounds like a really cool idea and i bet the goos will looove it
IP Logged

"Don't it make you sad to know that life is more than who we are?"
SuzieGoo
Goo God

mb20suz
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29th, 2007, 4:55pm »

Your PC probably has a sound recording application and maybe a microphone built in...try this and see. Here are some instructions that I wrote for the IM board so that people can try to record a .wav file on their PC:

Okay, here is how you can make a recording on most PCs:

1. Click on the "Start" button, go to "Accessories" then to "Entertainment", there should then be an option that says "Sound Recorder", click on that.

2. An application should open up. It has a little black square in the top half with a green line through it, that shows you the sound waves as it is recording. The only button that is lit up is the red circle. That is the "record" button. Click on that and start talking. when you are done click on the black square. That is the "Stop". Now it assumes that you do not want to save them unless you tell it to, so you can do it over and over till you have what you like.  

3. When you like the recording, click on "File" then "Save As" and save it somewhere on your computer. (Oh...and this application makes them as .wav files, not mp3's but that's okay...I can convert them and put them on the CD.)

It would be great if you name it with your name and who the message is for.  

Like this:

SusanD-GGDs
SusanD-John
SusanD-Robby
SusanD-Mike

That way I know if you want it on all three CDs or just on the one for whoever the message is for.  

If you make one or two or four...that is fine. Then send me a PM and I will send you my e-mail address.  

Let me know if you need help or get stuck, I would be happy to help. If you don't have a microphone on your PC you might have to try find one to use, though generally PCs have one built into them. Try it and let me know.  

~ Susan
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2007, 4:56pm by SuzieGoo » IP Logged

"Screw this rain..."

SuzieGoo
Goo God

mb20suz
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 1:48pm »

If anyone needs any help with this or wants my e-mail address to send a recorded message please let me know.  

Thanks,

~ Susan
IP Logged

"Screw this rain..."

tkc1989
Goo God

~...Tonight's the night the world begins again...~

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 3:06pm »

Sounds like an awesome idea! And I'd love to hear the message he left for you!
IP Logged

SuzieGoo
Goo God

mb20suz
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 4:51pm »

on Jul 31st, 2007, 3:06pm, tkc1989 wrote:
Sounds like an awesome idea! And I'd love to hear the message he left for you!

I wish I knew how to post an mp3...it's so sweet I can't even begin describe it.  If you PM me your e-mail address I can send it to you.   Wink

~ Susan
IP Logged

"Screw this rain..."

SuzieGoo
Goo God

mb20suz
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 7:09pm »

If any of you are thinking about making a recording for the CDs, if you need help let me know.  

I plan to make the CDs on Friday night....so you still have a few more days!  I hope to get a bunch of messages..lots of people have said that are going to try it....if you have and need my e-mail address PM me and I will send it to you!  

Thanks!

~ Susan
IP Logged

"Screw this rain..."

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]