Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « April Q & A's are up on IM! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   April Q & A's are up on IM!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: April Q & A's are up on IM!  (Read 845 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

April Q & A's are up on IM!
« on: Apr 4th, 2007, 10:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The questions were promptly posted this month....wow. We got lots of Robby and Mike with the questions this month. Mike was cracking me up with his answers....the tattoo one was particularly funny. I don't think I've ever realized how sarcastic he is. Kudos to Mike for good sarcasm.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

DWG

Email

Re: April Q & A's are up on IM!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 4th, 2007, 12:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Apr 4th, 2007, 10:03am, Shannon wrote:
Kudos to Mike for good sarcasm.

You go, Uncle Mike!   Wink

I also laughed when Robby said his wife learned English Bon Jovi-style. I can still hear JBJ in my head, starting one of their songs, counting off...

ONE! (holds mic out to crowd) Ichi!
Two! Ni!
THREE! San!
Four! Shi!  

*JBJ punches fist into the air and proceeds to jump around the stage as crowd tries to go bonkers to "Wild In The Streets".  Crowd is not very good at "going bonkers".
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2007, 12:34pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 4th, 2007, 9:40pm »

Holy crap, that was soooooo ironic that Mike mentioned that Korel went to see Christina Aguilera!!

Tongue I'm seeing her on Easter Monday!! Shhh...don't tell anyone.
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 10:47pm »

I love that with all the GF bashing lately, when asked what song he thought would have been a hit if released as a single, Mike said "Truth is a Whisper". He said he liked it. A refreshing comment after so many bad comments from RT and JR about GF.
IP Logged

[img][/img]
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 9:54am »

I loved that too. I love, love Truth is a Whisper. I think the lyrics are absolutely amazing. I always liked it but when I read or heard John talk about what he meant when he wrote it... I was amazed. It took on even more meaning then. When he said the people with the least to say scream the loudest....I couldn't agree more. (That wasn't a direct quote. I went to quote him and realized I lost my Gutterflower meanings document in the crash Cry . So it's a paraphrase).
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2007, 9:56am by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

DWG

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 3:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yeah, I dug Gutterflower up from the bottom of my overflow cd box last week and put it into the car cd player. I hadn't listened to it in a long time. When we got to "Truth Is a Whisper" I had to comment on how good that song is. It's a shame how in recent interviews the guys bash that album.

I also found it interesting that there's a thread with a poll on it over on the IM. When asked which of the GGD's cds you would most like the next one to sound like, the majority of people who responded said Gutterflower. I was surprised, but that's what the numbers showed.
IP Logged
ChickenCookie
I'm Addicted

When he takes me in his arms I see la vie en rose.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 6:21pm »

on Apr 11th, 2007, 3:34pm, DWG wrote:
I also found it interesting that there's a thread with a poll on it over on the IM. When asked which of the GGD's cds you would most like the next one to sound like, the majority of people who responded said Gutterflower. I was surprised, but that's what the numbers showed.

Looking back on the album now, I can appreciate it much better than I did when it first came out.  Perhaps that's partly due to the utter monstrosity that followed that album, but there's another reason too.  It's a really nice mixture of the 'old Goo' sound that's been updated without ripping the balls right out of the songs.  While SSCW remains my favorite Goo album, I think expecting the Goos to return to that sound would be ridiculous.  They've obviously matured a great deal since then, and you can hear it in the songwriting and lyrics.  Gutterflower keeps some of that raw, punky vibe but infuses it with a mature, melodic sound.  Unfortunately, I lost my GF album, and I've been dying to listen to it for a while now.  Anything to wash LLI from my brain.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]