Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « The Goos gobble up pizza at city grill / article »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   The Goos gobble up pizza at city grill / article
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Goos gobble up pizza at city grill / article  (Read 2199 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

The Goos gobble up pizza at city grill / article
« on: Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The Goos gobble up pizza at city grill  

By DANIEL LEBLANC, Olean Times Herald 03/22/2007  

OLEAN — Employees and diners at the Main Street Pizza and Grill had some rockin’ guests Tuesday for lunch.

The Goo Goo Dolls, who played a concert at St. Bonaventure University’s Reilly Center Tuesday night, ate lunch at the restaurant following an invitation from its owners.

“We found out months ago that they would be staying at the Hampton Inn,” said restaurant co-owner Molly Martinelli. “We just left a note inviting them over for lunch. We had been joking for months that they would come over.”

Around 1:15 p.m., she said, drummer Mike Malinin and guitarist Robby Takac, as well as backup musicians for the band, came and shared a pizza and other menu items. Singer John Rzeznik reportedly had lunch at the Beef ’N’ Barrel, she added.

“There were not a lot of people in the restaurant as most of the lunch crowd had cleared out,” Ms. Martinelli said.

Several of the restaurant employees had brought CDs and other items, hoping the band members would stop by.

Restaurant employee Bridget Retchless even got three free tickets to the Tuesday concert at St. Bonaventure University’s Reilly Center because her daughter, Sarah, age 11, was about to have her birthday, Ms. Martinelli said.

“They were really down-to-earth and a nice group of guys,” she said of the Buffalo-based Goo Goo Dolls.

“The atmosphere was real relaxed,” she added. “It was like hanging out with friends. I’ve never met anyone of that caliber up close before.”

The owners plan to display several items on a wall at the restaurant such as the pizza pan used to make the band’s pizza, ticket stubs from Tuesday’s concert and photos taken with the band members, Ms. Martinelli said.  

©Bradford Publishing 2007  

http://www.bradfordera.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18112714&BRD=2725&am p;PAG=461&dept_id=562746&rfi=6
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: The Goos gobble up pizza at city grill / artic
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22nd, 2007, 12:30pm »

This is very cool.

Why can't I ever have the luck of being in a restaurant or store and in walks the guys?
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

DWG

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22nd, 2007, 1:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

"The owners plan to display several items on a wall at the restaurant such as the pizza pan used to make the band’s pizza..."

Aww...c'mon. The pizza pan?? What is it...mystic pizza?  

Rzeznik was staying away from the cheese, as if the Beef'N'Barrel is that much more of a healthy alternative.

This reminds me of the Bon Jovi Pizza Parlor Jury story, how they rounded up a bunch of "kids" at a pizza parlor in Jersey and had them choose the songs from their demos to be on their album. Maybe the Goo's can have a Buffalo Wings Jury up in Buffalo when the time comes to put the next cd together.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22nd, 2007, 6:08pm »

on Mar 22nd, 2007, 1:11pm, DWG wrote:
"The owners plan to display several items on a wall at the restaurant such as the pizza pan used to make the band’s pizza..."

Aww...c'mon. The pizza pan?? What is it...mystic pizza?  

Rzeznik was staying away from the cheese, as if the Beef'N'Barrel is that much more of a healthy alternative.

This reminds me of the Bon Jovi Pizza Parlor Jury story, how they rounded up a bunch of "kids" at a pizza parlor in Jersey and had them choose the songs from their demos to be on their album. Maybe the Goo's can have a Buffalo Wings Jury up in Buffalo when the time comes to put the next cd together.

I'm going to go chisel out segments of sidewalk in Buffalo and display them, because a Goo member probably touched them.

It makes me sad that it seems John never goes with the group when people see them  I don't know if it's because John just has it that much worse with people harassed in public or if he and the rest of the group prefer to not hang out together.  Either way, it makes me sad.

And I better get to go to imaginary album jury.  I will represent the "I hate LLI" crowd.
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23rd, 2007, 12:27am »

on Mar 22nd, 2007, 6:08pm, nmf016 wrote:
It makes me sad that it seems John never goes with the group when people see them.  I don't know if it's because John just has it that much worse with people harassed in public or if he and the rest of the group prefer to not hang out together.  Either way, it makes me sad.

I doubt if they had to cordon off the Beef'N'Barrel.

IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23rd, 2007, 12:34am »

Cheesy

I didn't just mean in this instance.  I've noticed more and more that John doesn't go out with the others.  I don't think it's because he'll be mobbed so that he can't eat a meal.  So it's either that he prefers to avoid the group because a larger group will draw more attention that perhaps he doesn't want or he and the rest of the band don't want to be near eachother.  Or maybe he just hates everything the rest of the group wants to do... I don't know.  Just trying to stir the pot, maybe.
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23rd, 2007, 12:41am »

Maybe it's a "decoy" thing. I remember once, at a Bon Jovi fan club gathering (yeah, them again), the rest of the band sent Alec, the bass player, out alone to get the room of fans all excited, while the rest of them went to do...whatever.
So maybe this kind of works in reverse. Send the rest of the band out, and you go off in the other direction, and no one notices.

Or...maybe he already had pizza the day before.

« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2007, 12:41am by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Mar 23rd, 2007, 12:45am »

You're so positive like.  That deletion scare really changed your perspective on things, didn't it?
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23rd, 2007, 12:47am »

He's trying to avoid exposing the rest of the band to second-hand smoke?

IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Mar 23rd, 2007, 12:49am »

There was a high mandatory gratuity for more than 4 people?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]