Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: ATTN: Name Change...Part II »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Re: ATTN: Name Change...Part II
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: ATTN: Name Change...Part II  (Read 139414 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #560 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 11:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

They're all shrunk on my screen.  Now you're the only jerk with a big picture for me.  Cheesy
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #561 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 1:11am »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 11:53pm, Drew wrote:
nmf what was your icon before the pufferfish? I always stared at it forever and could never figure out what it was. It looked like possibly a section of the necklace that was on the back of DUTG.

This?

I'd forgotten I used that one.  It's a screencap from the Better Days video of a leaf.

I think that's the only other one I used.  The wax lion, the leaf and the smiling fish.  Then the o...
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #562 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 1:12am »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 11:58pm, Drew wrote:

Soooooooooooooooooooo wrong.  Yet so right.
IP Logged
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #563 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 9:06am »

That is a work of art! A+
IP Logged
d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #564 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 9:14am »

I love it... Grin
IP Logged

[img][/img]
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #565 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 10:39am »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 11:10pm, Drew wrote:
none of them shrunk

Did your peeps shrink?

Don't they shrivel after they get old?
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #566 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 11:48am »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 9:27pm, nmf016 wrote:

I guess this is really bothers me.  A quick search of "hooves in gelatin" results in a lot of pages of people asking "Are there hooves in gelatin?", but no credible source saying that there are actually hooves used in gelatin.  Because there isn't any.  Judging by my Google search, I guess it's a common thing to say it to leave an impact, but all it results in is a bunch of misinformed people.

Ok, I'm guilty of trying to make an impact by saying "hooves" instead of "gelatin" but I did think it was one of the things that gelatin was made from. I did think they just threw whatever was left of the animal into the gelatin pot.

It's not actually made with the parts.  Like, there's not ground up bone in gelatin.  Boiling the skin, tendons, bones, whatever, just brings the collagen or gelatin out of those parts.  And it's not that whatever is lying around is used, it's just that those are the ONLY places to get it.  Wanting steak and getting scraps that are lying around is "olive loaf".  Pulling gelatin out of bone, etc, is the only option.  There's not a 'better' place to get it from.

I think this is semantics. If these parts are boiled and the gelatin/collagen rises to the top, to me that's the same as saying it's made from it.

And actually there is a plant based alternative to animal based gelatin called agar agar. It's made from seaweed.

Okay, this creeps me out.  I'd rather be able to determine where my food is coming from then go "Eh, I don't know what this is, in the mouth it goes!"

This one creeps me out too. I believe it has to do with Kosher rules. It allows things with parve (sp?) to be served with dairy. But don't quote me on this, I know next to nothing about Kosher.

*This is in no way an attempt to tell anyone that what they eat is wrong or right.  I don't care if you eat meat, don't eat meat, or live on a steady diet of Vault.

Although I feel people, animals and the planet in general would be better off if more people became vegetarians, I agree with you. I feel to each his/her own, do (eat) what is right for you.  

And also, this message board, even this "anything goes" thread is not the place for veggie debates, so I will get off my vegetarian soap box now.  
IP Logged

[img][/img]
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #567 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 12:26pm »

Yeah, the vegetarian/meat eater debate usually gets pretty ugly, so I agree to end it.  Cheesy

But the agar lesson made me laugh.  I didn't know you could eat it.  I thought it was just a magical chemistry thing.  I've prepared agar for petri dishes to grow bacteria and as salt bridges for electrochem.
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #568 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 12:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Did you know...
(I sound like Bill Nye the Science Guy now)...

that fruits and vegetables are great dancers?

:nanner: :cucumber:   :pepper:  :carrot:  

Did you also know that all the smiley icons on my PC are switching places with one another? It's very disconcerting.
I apologize if the wrong smilies are posted above. It is supposed to be our beloved dancing banana, cuke, carrot, and pepper. When I look at my post, there's a nanner, carrot, bowdown, and love smiley. Why would I want the love smiley? I have yet to let love in. Yeah, bad pun, but ya know I had to go there.

And I have always wondered why they call it "agar agar" instead of just "agar".
IP Logged
DWG

Email

« Reply #569 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 12:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hand me that crowbar.

Thanks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]