Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Re: ATTN: Name Change...Part II »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Re: ATTN: Name Change...Part II
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: ATTN: Name Change...Part II  (Read 139005 times)
Drinks With George

Email

« Reply #240 on: Mar 16th, 2007, 11:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

There do?    
Where do ? :eyeroll:

Update because Ms. Fickle changed her name again.
You do ether? I'm glad I didn't have to run a tox screen on you tonight....today...whatever. Jeesh.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2007, 12:16am by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #241 on: Mar 16th, 2007, 1:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's the land of confusion. You're wreaking havoc on the board again. I signed on yesterday and said "who's Drinks with George" and then today... "what the hell, who's Dr. Ew?" I should have known.....lol

I was confused about the curse thing as well.
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2007, 1:24pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Drinks With George

Email

« Reply #242 on: Mar 16th, 2007, 1:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

"The Curse" is a phenomenon that seems to occur on some of the many-paged threads, like the Name Change threads. It seems like after a thread reaches a certain number of pages, maybe it's the threads with a lot of pics in siggies that need to download, I dunno...
but what happens is when you are the last person to post on a particular page, your post gets hung up and the next page will not show up until after a delay, and a few other posts have been entered. Then they all show up.
IP Logged
d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #243 on: Mar 16th, 2007, 2:37pm »

on Mar 16th, 2007, 1:54pm, Drinks With George wrote:
"The Curse" is a phenomenon that seems to occur on some of the many-paged threads, like the Name Change threads. It seems like after a thread reaches a certain number of pages, maybe it's the threads with a lot of pics in siggies that need to download, I dunno...
but what happens is when you are the last person to post on a particular page, your post gets hung up and the next page will not show up until after a delay, and a few other posts have been entered. Then they all show up.

Mystery solved.

Gee it was more fun when I thought the thread was haunted, hehe
IP Logged

[img][/img]
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #244 on: Mar 16th, 2007, 3:29pm »

Ah yes.....I know exactly of which you speak.
IP Logged

Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #245 on: Mar 16th, 2007, 3:30pm »

In fact...it just happened to me. My previous response vanished after I posted it. Very interesting phenomenon.
IP Logged

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #246 on: Mar 16th, 2007, 3:33pm »

QVC curse.  This did not happen before that fateful night.  First name change thread?  No problem.

Dr. Ew.  Ha.  That's replacing Drewl.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #247 on: Mar 16th, 2007, 3:48pm »

It hasn't happened the whole thread.  Just the last 3 pages or so.

Anyways... a story...

I was sitting in the library on my very last day of Spring Break.  I was nice and peacefully using a research database in the empty computer section of the room and some dude comes and sits right next to me.  I don't look up, but I can hear him panting.  It was so loud I had to look because I thought he was wearing an oxygen mask and waiting on a lung transplant list.  He wasn't.  So, for the next hour I have this dude sitting next to me, panting, stretching, and GRUNTING while looking at sports websites, talking on his phone, and listening to headphones so loud I could hear his music.  Finally I got so annoyed I left.  In conclusion, this is why I hate people.
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2007, 3:53pm by nmf016 » IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #248 on: Mar 16th, 2007, 6:34pm »

on Mar 15th, 2007, 11:05pm, the redo wrote:

Mike, you are a master.  We're all sitting here talking about the Goos in this thread and you submit complete randomness.  Awesome.

I want to say I remember that commercial, but I was non-existant - 5 in the 80s, so I'm confused.

*bows* Cheesy
I was non-existant - 4 in the 80s.
IP Logged
Christina
Goo God

I got a head that don't let me sleef

View Profile WWW

« Reply #249 on: Mar 16th, 2007, 8:12pm »

Pfft. I'll join Denise in the anagram club. Tongue

It was a difficult choice, though. Other contenders included "Nerd, enmity of Gap" and "Damn Freeing Typo". Tongue
IP Logged

"i have never wanted something so badly as having people just show up at ggd concerts dressed as presidential fruit"
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27  ...  131 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]