Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Had to remove LLI :( »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Had to remove LLI :(
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Had to remove LLI :(  (Read 849 times)
d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

Had to remove LLI :(
« on: Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sad but true, I had to remove LLI from my running playlist on my iPod. Cry I am so tired of those songs. I'm only leaving on SYW, Strange Love and Listen.

I'm replacing the other songs with some old, old Rolling Stones  Grin Sympathy for the Devil, Street Fighting Man, Get Off Of My Cloud, Jumpin' Jack Flash... That's right after 35-40 years, those songs are still going strong.  

LLI  
RIP  
April 2006 - Feb 2007  
IP Logged

[img][/img]
DWG

Email

Re: Had to remove LLI :(
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:38am, the orange o wrote:

I'm replacing the other songs with some old, old Rolling Stones  Grin Sympathy for the Devil, Street Fighting Man, Get Off Of My Cloud, Jumpin' Jack Flash... That's right after 35-40 years, those songs are still going strong.  

Those songs do have amazing staying power. I was just talking about this sort of thing today with my daughter. We were listening to a cd on the way home from her school, and I commented on how I figured out why I liked the cd so much...because it has these great dynamics. Loud & soft, changing rhythms, differences between one verse and another, and so on. I compared it to Led Zeppelin and how all those interesting things were what drew me to their music, and why it's still so fresh to me to this day.  
Compare that to how LLI struck me, with very little variety of style, sort of monotone in nature. I still can't get into that album. Still a fan, but more so of the material from Hold Me Up through Gutterflower.  
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:37am by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:32pm »

A moment of silence for LLI...

Eh... long enough.
IP Logged
goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Feb 3rd, 2007, 6:21pm »

on Feb 3rd, 2007, 12:32pm, the redo wrote:

Eh... long enough.

not to be mean or anything towards the Goo, but i just laughed. . .alot. . . :hahaha:
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2007, 6:22pm by goober_1013 » IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

Christina
Goo God

I got a head that don't let me sleef

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Feb 3rd, 2007, 8:36pm »

Eh... long enough.

FEEL THE SILENCE.

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

"i have never wanted something so badly as having people just show up at ggd concerts dressed as presidential fruit"
d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 9:59am »

on Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:35am, DWG wrote:

Those songs do have amazing staying power. I was just talking about this sort of thing today with my daughter. We were listening to a cd on the way home from her school, and I commented on how I figured out why I liked the cd so much...because it has these great dynamics. Loud & soft, changing rhythms, differences between one verse and another, and so on. I compared it to Led Zeppelin and how all those interesting things were what drew me to their music, and why it's still so fresh to me to this day.  
Compare that to how LLI struck me, with very little variety of style, sort of monotone in nature. I still can't get into that album. Still a fan, but more so of the material from Hold Me Up through Gutterflower.  

Yeah, so much of the older "Classic Rock" music has staying power. It'll be interesting to see how some of today's pre-fab, made for TV music holds up in the long run. So many songs gets pushed up the charts on the power of being on The OC or Grey's Anatomy, but will they hold up? The Frey, SnowPatrol, Daniel Powter, give me a break, is anybody still going to want to hear this stuff next year, never mind in 5, 10, 20, 30 years...

IP Logged

[img][/img]
d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 10:01am »

Eh... long enough.

Looks like maybe we're not the only ones tired of LLI. The new setlist (listed in a different post Wilkes-Barre) has a lot less LLI on it. Either they guys know about our complaints or they're already tired of the songs too! Either way WooHoo for the new setlist.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2007, 10:06am by d.e.n.i.s.e. » IP Logged

[img][/img]
carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 1:04pm »

on Feb 4th, 2007, 10:01am, the orange o wrote:

Looks like maybe we're not the only ones tired of LLI. The new setlist (listed in a different post Wilkes-Barre) has a lot less LLI on it. Either they guys know about our complaints or they're already tired of the songs too! Either way WooHoo for the new setlist.

Or maybe they're just not playing as much LLI songs because they are no longer on tour to support LLI, so they're adding in more of their older songs. Roll Eyes  I personally am not sick of LLI, I think it is an awesome album.
IP Logged
goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 5:00pm »

anyone know where i can find the new setlist?  i'm off to search now, but thanks in advance if i don't find it. . . Grin
IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006

goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Feb 4th, 2007, 5:01pm »

found it!
IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]