Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « More Goo on NYE! »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   More Goo on NYE!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: More Goo on NYE!  (Read 1788 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

More Goo on NYE!
« on: Dec 29th, 2006, 11:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I saw this on Robin's board and thought it worthy of repeating. Gotta love Youtube.......

http://www.watchmojo.com/music/blog/?p=737

YouTube, Chevrolet and Warner Music Group Present New Year's Eve Countdown Around the World

YouTube Community and Warner Music Group Artists Create Special New Year's Messages to Share With the World  

SAN BRUNO, CA; DETROIT, MI and NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- December 29, 2006 -- YouTube, a consumer media company for people to watch and share original videos through a Web experience, and Warner Music Group Corp. (NYSE: WMG), one of the world's major music companies, today announced the first-ever YouTube New Year's Eve Countdown presented by Chevrolet. The promotion will celebrate New Year's as it happens around the world with new videos featured every hour from New Zealand to Los Angeles.  

As New Year's Eve rings in around the world, special messages from YouTube celebrities Boh3m3, Smosh, Terra Naomi, Renetto, Chad Vadar, The WineKone and YourTube News, as well as award-winning artists from WMG labels Atlantic Records, Warner Bros. Records and Warner Music International will be featured on the homepage.  

In addition to videos from top YouTube personalities, WMG will provide special video content from New Year's celebrations with its artists as well as music videos and concert footage. "Almost-live" videos from New Year's concerts will be uploaded directly from the venues as the events occur with ShoZu-enabled mobile phones, featuring Fueled By Ramen/Atlantic Records artist Panic! At the Disco from New York City's Times Square, Atlantic Records artist Paolo Nutini from Scotland and Warner Bros. Records artists The Flaming Lips and the Goo Goo Dolls from Los Angeles, Mike Jones from Houston, Muse, My Chemical Romance from New York City's Times Square and Red Hot Chili Peppers. The New Year's Channel will also feature comedy skits from select performers as well as specially recorded live songs for the event.

"Our community served as the inspiration behind this idea. In 2006 we witnessed an influx of New Year's resolution and celebration video postings as the New Year began," said Jamie Byrne, Director of Advertising Strategy for YouTube. "Thanks to support from our users, Chevrolet, and exclusive content from Warner Music Group artists, we will be able to offer a special venue for the community and the world to share their New Year's celebrations and begin a new tradition."  

YouTube is encouraging users to upload their New Year's resolutions and wishes for a chance to be featured on the homepage alongside the YouTube celebrities and Warner Music Group artists. Users can upload their videos in a special New Year's YouTube group at www.youtube.com/group/newyears.  

"Warner Music Group is continually seeking new ways to empower our artists and their fans. This New Year's Eve Bash with YouTube further redefines how our artists and fans are coming together around the world through platforms that are transforming all of our lives," said Dan Pelson, Senior Vice President, Global Consumer Marketing, WMG. "We look forward to kicking off 2007 with the YouTube community as they celebrate the music of their favorite Warner artists."  

On December 31st and January 1st, Chevrolet will serve as the exclusive sponsor of YouTube which will feature a special edition homepage to host all of the specially created New Year's content.  

"New Year's Eve is a truly global holiday and Chevrolet is a truly global brand. We sell cars and trucks in more than 120 countries around the world, so we're very happy to be part of YouTube's worldwide stage to showcase how different cultures celebrate New Year's Eve," said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager.  

Featured New Year's YouTube messages will be posted by WMG artists including Adrienne Pauly, Beatsteaks, Big and Rich, Blake Shelton, Bloc Party, Brainstorm, Crime Mob, Cute Is What We Aim For, Danity Kane, Death Cab for Cutie, Diane Weigmann, Eisley, Emmanuel Moire, Guster, Gym Class Heroes, Head Automatica, James Blunt, Jean-Michel Jarré, Jet, John Butler Trio, Johnny Hallyday, Kid Rock, Lil Scrappy, Liza Li, Lupe Fiasco, Mastodon, Melee, Michael Buble, Michael Youn and Fatal Bazooka, Musiq Soulchild, Mute Math, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, Pretty Ricky, Regina Spektor, Seeed, Simple Plan, Taking Back Sunday, Talib Kweli, The Academy Is..., The Ditty Bops, The Streets, The Used, T.I., Trick Daddy and Zdob Si Zdub.  
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2006, 12:48pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

Re: More Goo on NYE!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 11:48am »

Thats awesome! Thanks for letting us know.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 11:59am »

I told you youtube was awesome...

Needs more kfed though.
IP Logged
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 12:02pm »

Your video is more than enough.
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 12:04pm »

Words cannot begin to describe the range of emotions I am feeling right now.  So instead, more kfed!!! Cheesy Cheesy
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 12:07pm »

I know! It's so exciting being able to even see a small part of the NYE show.  :nanner: :nanner:

Does anyone here remember the year they broadcasted live over the internet on NYE? I think it was in Chicago?
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 12:08pm »

Kfed is like cheese.  The more, the better!

I sense bad things happening to this thread.
IP Logged
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 12:10pm »

on Dec 29th, 2006, 12:07pm, Shannon wrote:
I know! It's so exciting being able to even see a small part of the NYE show.  :nanner: :nanner:

Does anyone here remember the year they broadcasted live over the internet on NYE? I think it was in Chicago?

Yeah, the radio station streamed in Chicago and the concert aired on local TV, so there's a nice video of that out there.  Cheesy
IP Logged
zomg
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 12:27pm »

If only I had become no longer internet impaired sooner ... Tongue
IP Logged
Hysteria
I'm Addicted

Heavenly intoxication <3

drummer078
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Dec 30th, 2006, 12:05pm »

Youtube is very cool. Wink

Thanks for the info Shannon. Grin
IP Logged

♥ Charlie ♥

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]