Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Critic wrong about Goo Goo Dolls gig  / artic »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Critic wrong about Goo Goo Dolls gig  / artic
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Critic wrong about Goo Goo Dolls gig  / artic  (Read 476 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Critic wrong about Goo Goo Dolls gig  / artic
« on: Nov 24th, 2006, 10:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Critic wrong about Goo Goo Dolls gig  

Published: Friday, November 24, 2006  
I have a very different opinion than that expressed in Erin Harde's review of the Goo Goo Dolls concert in the Nov. 11 issue of the Leader-Post. The concert was described in the title of the article as "tired and old". As a member of the audience that night, I would have to disagree.

The Goo Goo Dolls played a wide array of songs, ranging from the first songs they came out with to recently released sure-to-be hits. By playing their old songs, which the crowd already loved, and playing new songs, which the crowd fell in love with, they made the show more enjoyable. They gave us a taste of the old Goo Goo Dolls, not limiting themselves to the "new and improved" version of the band. I do agree that ending the show with "Give a Little Bit" was a bad choice, but the energy and mood of the rest of the show made up for that mistake.

For me, the best part of the show was sitting in the tenth row, turning around to face the rest of the audience and seeing everyone singing the lyrics to "Iris". Although Johnny Rzeznik did not sing the chorus at all throughout the whole song, the experience of being around that many people connected by one song was amazing. It has been the group's most popular song ever since it came out and people today still know the lyrics, even though it is scarcely played.

I also agree that giving bassist Robbie Takac the microphone was probably the worst move the Goo Goo Dolls could have made. His songs weren't nearly as popular and his time slot offered people time for a bathroom break or beer run instead of a time to listen to his music.

Although these opinions are coming from a young woman, this doesn't mean I had on my rose-colored glasses for the whole show and only enjoyed it because of Rzeznik's apparent charm and quips about wanting to marry a Canadian girl. It was full of entertainment, great music and some jokes thrown in here and there. Although the concert was viewed negatively by some critics, I am one person who enjoyed the show that the Goo Goo Dolls put on and would attend another show anytime.

Karrin Saliger

Regina

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/letters/story.html?id=a3c033 92-fca2-49ba-b337-36b9e95b62ab

IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Critic wrong about Goo Goo Dolls gig  / a
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 2:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I agree with most of it.
Thanks for the article
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]