Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Portland, Bangor Maine Concert Goobers »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Portland, Bangor Maine Concert Goobers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Portland, Bangor Maine Concert Goobers  (Read 488 times)
blessed_by_goo
Goo God

THE HOLY O movin thru my soul likea hurricane wind

View Profile

Portland, Bangor Maine Concert Goobers
« on: Nov 21st, 2006, 10:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

HEY BANGOR AND PORTLAND CONCERT GOOBERS.....

Hey guys,  
   Wanted to stop by really quick to say hello and let you all know I am Rep~ing for USA Harvest in Bangor and Portland.  
I assure you there WIll be a banner and either myself or the rep from the company we will be supporting will be there on the site making the collections. Can't see the banner, NO WORRIES!!!! You WILL hear my big mouth making rounds thru the lines taking collections from the line.  
    If there is anyone out there willing to donate themselves to helping out, find me at the venue.... we'll find something for you to do.  
   You will all be happy to know the Goos in conjunction with the Counting Crows and USA Harvest managed to supply 1.052 million meals from this summers collections to the homeless and needy.  
   The Goos continue to support and walk side by side   with USA Harvest thru the winter tour.  
PLEASE don't forget about the people in need.  

Just a quick for instance. I contacted the local agency we will be donating to in Bangor. Bangor Area Homeless Shelter to be exact. They were on the verge of tears in learning of our collections coming to them. They said just two weeks ago they were out of funds and their cupboards were bare. They had to turn away the hungry in despair. This saddened me so much to hear but elated me to know we would be helping them .  

I am doing all I can within my means to spread the word with local radio stations, newspapers and I will be on local 5 news, in Bangor, tomorrow at noon with the program director to the shelter, for a live piece, on the efforts. Still awaiting other info on Portland and will get it to you, as I get it, if I can.  
     JUST KNOW! I WILL BE THERE COLLECTING!!!! .......SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND ENVISION THESE FOLKS OUT THERE IN THE COLD AND HUNGRY!!!!! GIVE A LITTLE OR GIVE ALOT..... IT ALL ADDS UP!!!  
   Thanks so much!!!! ~Kari aka Blessed By Goo.....  

IP Logged

Your luv is like a storm, I chase across the sky~

Hysteria
I'm Addicted

Heavenly intoxication <3

drummer078
View Profile

Re: Portland, Bangor Maine Concert Goobers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22nd, 2006, 6:19am »

That's so awesome, if I was there I would give some. Hope you get loads of donations and have an awesome time at the show.  Smiley
IP Logged

♥ Charlie ♥

Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Portland, Bangor Maine Concert Goobers
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22nd, 2006, 7:20am »

Thats awesome! I will make sure to donate.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]