Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Q&A with Robby... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Q&A with Robby...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Q&A with Robby...  (Read 475 times)
AFallingStar
Naked

Everything you are falls from the sky like a star

View Profile WWW Email

Q&A with Robby...
« on: Nov 19th, 2006, 11:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just thought I'd post this.  Interesting interview (transcript).  There is one more page after the first one.

http://www.dailyorange.com/media/storage/paper522/news/2006/11/17/Featur e/Qa.With.Robby.Takac.Of.The.Goo.Goo.Dolls-2465912.shtml?norewrite200611200047&sourcedomain=www.dailyorange.com#more

(I would have copied and pasted it, except my browser apparently won't let me.   Wink)
IP Logged

"It is dreadful when something weighs on your mind, not to have a soul to unburden yourself to. You know what I mean. I tell my piano the things I used to tell you."-Frederic Chopin
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Re: Q&A with Robby...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20th, 2006, 12:01am »

Thanks for posting that. It was a nice little insight into LLI. I had a feeling there was more to the song than just two people falling in love. I see it on the boards all the time where people just assume the songs are about a girlfriend, etc. I think more often than not it's deeper than that.

I tried copying and pasting as well and it wouldn't let me either.
IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20th, 2006, 9:10am »

Since April 2006, the Goo Goo Dolls have been touring the United States, Canada and Europe, promoting its new album, "Let Love In." The Daily Orange spoke with Robby Takac, bassist and vocalist of the Goo Goo Dolls over the phone.

The Daily Orange: Why did you choose Syracuse?

Robby Takac: It's obvious, we love the Orange football team. Just kidding; it's because we're from Buffalo. Rochester, Syracuse, these were the first places we went out and played at outside of Buffalo. I think we've probably played in Syracuse since 1986.

D.O.: What was the inspiration and motivation behind your "Let Love In" music video?

R.T.: A lot of times when people listen to our band they tend to personalize our songs. If they hear something said about a relationship, they assume it's a relationship with themselves or someone else. In the case of "Let Love In," it deals with relationships on a much larger level; it's more than just two people sitting together looking at each other. It encapsulates what we wanted the entire record to say. This is really the first time that we've stepped out and made a general statement as a band about sociopolitical problems that can only be solved through the compassion of human beings.

D.O.: Which Goo Goo Dolls song has the most meaning to you?

R.T.: Me personally, I'd have to say "Black Balloon." I stand up here and think about life during that song; it's odd that it would be something that John (Rzeznik) sings.

D.O.: What's the touring life like?

R.T.: We started touring on Apr. 28 and we've done sold out shows in London, Sweden, Ireland, all across Canada and we've been across the U.S. three times already. The 22 and a half hours that surround the hour and a half that I actually perform can be a bit tedious at times. But it's all just part of the adventure, if you're out here doing what you're supposed to be doing, and your song means a lot to you and to the people, you can do this forever.

D.O.: What is the meaning behind the title of your smash hit "Iris?"

R.T.: I have no idea. Johnny came up with the name; he said he really liked the word.

D.O.: Over the course of the last eight months, what was or what do you think will be you most memorable venue?

R.T.: The most memorable gig was in front of city hall in Buffalo. When we shot the video for the 4th of July, it was the most memorable show of my life. It was the absolute worst rainstorm, and thousands of Buffalonians braved it and watched us. It was damn near religious. Halfway through, the skies opened up, it was amazing.

D.O.: How has the Goo Goo Dolls evolved over the years, from "Hold Me Up" to "A Boy Named Goo" to "Dizzy up that Girl" to your 2006 album, "Let Love In?" How has the meaning and tone of your music changed over time?

R.T.: The reason we've been able to stay together so long is we've changed within our band as people have changed. That's the key. If you're honest and not lying to people, and you're giving people an honest dose of what you've got, you can keep doing it.

D.O.: What advice would you give to Syracuse University students and college students across the country who are looking to start up a band?

R.T.: Number one, don't sign anything unless a lawyer looks at it, and make sure it is a lawyer you can trust. Most importantly make sure you can write straight from your heart.

If you go

What: The Goo Goo Dolls

Where: Landmark Theater

When: Sunday, 7 p.m.
IP Logged
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20th, 2006, 9:13am »

Thats a great interview. I didn't know some of the reasoning behind the songs
IP Logged
Hysteria
I'm Addicted

Heavenly intoxication <3

drummer078
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20th, 2006, 11:17am »

That's pretty damn interesting, thanks for posting it! Grin
IP Logged

♥ Charlie ♥

laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20th, 2006, 1:07pm »

Thank you for posting that!! It was really interesting.

It gave me more insight into LLI.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2006, 1:07pm by laurengoo » IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]