Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « ATL JingleJam 12/9 Goo Fray Hinder + Pix »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   ATL JingleJam 12/9 Goo Fray Hinder + Pix
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ATL JingleJam 12/9 Goo Fray Hinder + Pix  (Read 2253 times)
Pryde
Goo God

www.bain-mattox . com

View Profile WWW

Re: ATL JingleJam 12/9 Goo Fray Hinder Tix10/14
« Reply #10 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 6:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

AngelsFall,
I think I'm sitting a couple rows behind you now.  After I go tickets in 118 later that day I was talking to a friend that asked me to get them tickets too.  So they're getting the 118 and I'll be on the floor.   Grin
IP Logged

http://www.bain-mattox.com
AnGeLsFaLL
Goo God

Woah, I can't believe I believed it this time...

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 8th, 2006, 11:26pm »

Haha I'll definitely be seein' ya there! I'm so excited! This is my first Goo show since The Loft back in April. And it's going to be great! With the Fray! woo~! haha
IP Logged

Me 2 Greg: Can I get your autograph?
Greg: Myne?
Me: Um Yeah!
Mike: Oh so you don't want MY autograph?!
Me: OMG YES I DO!
-8-22-03-I didn't even see him there!

Pryde
Goo God

www.bain-mattox . com

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 7:42pm »

Who's ready for Saturday night!!!  MEEE!!!!  Wink

IP Logged

AnGeLsFaLL
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 11:22pm »

Me!  
I just had the worst day of my life though...I'm so stressed that I can hardly even be excited...

Let me vent...This is my first semester in college..and I accidently screwed up the times for one of my exams..So I pretty much missed it..and my professor won't let me re-take it...which means I get a 0...which means I lose about 80,000 dollars in scholarship money...yeah..it kind of sucks....I've been crying about it all day..and I had to tell my parents..and they're mad about it..but I guess it's over..and there's nothing I can do about it...so I should just be excited for Saturday?
IP Logged

Pryde
Goo God

www.bain-mattox . com

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 6:17pm »

I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you, Angels
Fall.  Cry  That's too bad.  Your professor wouldn't even let you take the exam with another section of the same class?  Or could you take an incomplete and maybe take the exam the following semester or in summer school?

Well I hope to see you Saturday night.  I still look the same - I won't be wearing the Gutterflower hat though.  Cheesy
IP Logged

Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 8:33pm »

Have an awesome time tomorrow night. Sounds like a great show with some great musicians.
IP Logged
AnGeLsFaLL
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 11:23pm »

Yeah..I definitely need a good weekend..I was so upset yesterday I couldn't even be happy about the fact that my 8th GGD show was this weekend..but..I've moved on, and I realize that there's nothing I can do about it now..lol..so I'm back to being extremely excited..GGD's and The Fray..2 of my fav bands..it's going to be AMAZING...

Definitely come say 'Hey' if you see me Pryde! lol..I think I look the same..but it's been like 2 years or somethin' since I've seen you! lol..but here's my most recent picture..I think I'll be in my Black GGD's LLI shirt..dunno yet..See ya there!

Sry so big! I can't resize it! lol
IP Logged

AnGeLsFaLL
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 7:11am »

Ok..I'm officially freaking...Its 7:15...8:15 atlanta time...and my roomate and I are supposed to leave at 7:30...but she went out last night and didn't come home...that's not unusual so I'm not really worried about her whereabouts..I'm worried about the FREAKIN' fact that she ISN'T HERE! I'm GOING to KILL her if she doesn't come home within 15 minutes...GRRRRR..I'm SOO pissed off right now...
IP Logged

Pryde
Goo God

www.bain-mattox . com

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: Dec 9th, 2006, 8:46am »

Hope your roommate gets there soon!!!  I'm waiting to see the Goos on the CBS morning show and then we're hitting the road for the ATL.  We were hoping to get some shopping done at Discovery Mills before the show, but I'm sure that place will be PACKED.  Cheesy

I'm not sure what I'm wearing tonight - either a black velvet blazer, a dark burgundy blazer or maybe a jeans jacket.  I'll with my best friend that does promotions for a local venue - she wears cat glasses with bling on them - she's easy to spot.   Cheesy

Have a safe trip to the ATL!!!
IP Logged

Pryde
Goo God

www.bain-mattox . com

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: Dec 10th, 2006, 7:58pm »

Hi Y'all!
Got back from Atlanta this afternoon. The Jingle Jam :snow: show was incredible!!!  Grin Grin Grin  That's my first show at the Arena at Gwinnett Center and it was a very nice facility.   :thumbsup:  

KT Tunstall played first for about 20 minutes.  I'm not very familiar with her work - but she played Dark Horse and the Cherry Tree, Suddenly I See, Other Side of the World, and a couple of other songs.  At one point some of her band members appeared to be playing kazoos and the keyboard player was using a garbage can top as a percussion instrument.  Cheesy

Then Hinder came on and rocked out!!!  I've never seen them before but they put out a lot of energy during their show.  They sang most of the songs of their cd including Bliss, Room 21, Lips of An Angel, Homecoming Queen, and Get Stoned.   :rockin:  (Note to all you Hinder fans in the ATL - Star 94 said they would be brining Hinder back in the new year for a headlining show.)  

Then it was time for the Fray.  They played most of the songs off their How To Save a Life cd including She Is, Fall Away, a "new" song called Absolute, All At Once, Look After You, Over My Head, and How To Save a Life.  It was pretty incredible to hear 14,000 people singing along with Over My Head.  And the Fray ended their set with How To Save a Life and the band/piano player faded out on the last verse and you could hear EVERYONE in the arena finish the last chorus.  

My only criticisim of the show was that during The Fray set - the lighting was really low on the rest of the band.  Most times there was only spotlight on the piano player until a dramatic increase in lighting during Over My Head.   It would have been nice to see some of the other guys in the band too.  

Then the Goo Goo Dolls!!!! Sorry I don't have the exact order (and I may be missing a few songs), but they played: Stay with You; Slide; Let Love In; Name; Feel the Silence; Naked :claps:; Smash/Tucked Away :thumbsup:; Black Balloon; January Friend; Iris; We'll Be Here; Broadway; Sympathy; Give A Little Bit; and Better Days.

I had a friend with me that had never seen the Goos live before, and I think she was pretty impressed with the show.  And I haven't been able to catch a Goo show since they played On The Bricks in Atlanta a couple of years ago - so I was really happy with it too!!!  :woohoo:   And it was really good to see a wide range of ages of people singing along with the Goos.  After Name Johnny thanked the crowd for remembering that song.  The Goos seemed very happy with the reception they got from the crowd.  Hopefully they'll come back to play in Atlanta soon!!!  And I'll put in a shameless request for a show in SC next time they swing through the Southeast too.  Wink          

« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2006, 8:00pm by Pryde » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]