Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « ATTN: Name Change »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   ATTN: Name Change
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ATTN: Name Change  (Read 102452 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

Re: ATTN: Name Change
« Reply #1190 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 12:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So... a thought...

If you're like me, you have to wait 9 minutes for this thread to load, because it's huge.  Would it be unforgivable for me to suggest we retire this thread and start a new one?  We (and by we, I mean Drew, who has to start the new thread and name it the same thing) could link this thread in the new one so we'd never have to search for it, but we wouldn't have to wait a year for the response page.

Yes?  No?  "How could you?!"?
IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #1191 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 12:02pm »

Okay, I didn't watch the Superbowl....at all, not even the half-time....please what songs did Prince singHuh

My dad told me he sang four, and I went to a so called "superbowl party" lol...we never watched tv at all, and one of the girls said that Prince was going to sing a GGD song...is this true?
IP Logged

made by: Hysteria
Nicole
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #1192 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 12:18pm »

on Feb 5th, 2007, 12:00pm, the redo wrote:
So... a thought...

If you're like me, you have to wait 9 minutes for this thread to load, because it's huge.  Would it be unforgivable for me to suggest we retire this thread and start a new one?  We (and by we, I mean Drew, who has to start the new thread and name it the same thing) could link this thread in the new one so we'd never have to search for it, but we wouldn't have to wait a year for the response page.

I agree, it takes forever to post something in this thread. But this thread has to be 150 pages first.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2007, 12:20pm by Nicole » IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #1193 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 1:04pm »

So... a thought...

I've had some time to think about this posing question while this thread was loading....and I think I agree, we should start a new one!

I think we should put "part 2" or "II" or something like that on it, although we would know which thread to go to!
IP Logged

DWG

Email

« Reply #1194 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 1:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 5th, 2007, 12:02pm, the white o wrote:
Okay, I didn't watch the Superbowl....at all, not even the half-time....please what songs did Prince singHuh

My dad told me he sang four, and I went to a so called "superbowl party" lol...we never watched tv at all, and one of the girls said that Prince was going to sing a GGD song...is this true?

I didn't catch Prince's entire set, but the part I saw was very impressive.

According to a blog I found, Prince performed "Let's Go Crazy", "Proud Mary", "All Along The Watchtower", "The Best Of You" (yeah, the Foo Fighters song!), and "Purple Rain".

Here's the article; it includes a youtube performance clip:

http://blogs.macon.com/amped/2007/02/super_set.html

It's fine with me if we shorten the thread or start it over or whatever. We're not really talking about our names here anyway.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2007, 1:19pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
laurengoo
Goo God

a.k.a y2goo_4ever

y2goo4ever
View Profile Email

« Reply #1195 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 1:08pm »

on Feb 5th, 2007, 1:04pm, DWG wrote:
I didn't catch Prince's entire set, but the part I saw was very impressive.

According to a blog I found, Prince performed "Let's Go Crazy", "Proud Mary", "All Along The Watchtower", "The Best Of You" (yeah, the Foo Fighters song!), and "Purple Rain".

Here's the article:

http://blogs.macon.com/amped/2007/02/super_set.html

It's fine with me if we shorten the thread or start it over or whatever. We're not really talking about our names here anyway.

Thank you! Cheesy, I was all worried I missed Prince butcher a GGD song lol....sorry to all the Prince fans out there...lol Tongue
IP Logged

DWG

Email

« Reply #1196 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 1:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nah, I think he would've done them justice even if he had done a Goo cover. Go listen to his Foo Fighters cover; it's pretty cool. I'm not a big Prince fan, but I gotta give him props; he did a great job, standing there in the pouring rain, doing a set of songs that was not all his stuff, but he put a great spin on them all.
IP Logged
d.e.n.i.s.e.
Goo God

aka "the orange o"

View Profile

« Reply #1197 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 3:23pm »

So... a thought...

I like the idea of a new thread. I would leave this one as is - don't delete/shorten it. It has too much history for that..LOL..

A Part 2 sounds good.
IP Logged

[img][/img]
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

« Reply #1198 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 3:37pm »

on Feb 5th, 2007, 1:32pm, Drew wrote:
This thread must achieve 200 pages.

You've always gotta be the hurdle, don't you?
IP Logged
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

« Reply #1199 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 3:59pm »

So... a thought...

I have to agree as well. It takes forever to load and won't let me even type until it's finished loading....which I just have NO patience for. We could do "Name Change part II". I like the idea of the link to this thread too....because on a slow night it's just a fun read.

Maybe we could strive for 150 pages instead of 200. Isn't that a nice compromise Drew?
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2007, 4:00pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]