Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Q&A with John from Buffalorising.com »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Q&A with John from Buffalorising.com
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Q&A with John from Buffalorising.com  (Read 468 times)
Shannon
WOG Administrator

View Profile Email

Q&A with John from Buffalorising.com
« on: Jul 23rd, 2006, 5:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://www.buffalorising.com/home/archives/2006/07/q_a_with_johnny.php

A Quick Q & A with Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls
by Robert Frezza

BRO recently talked to Mr. Johnny Rzeznik about Buffalo, pop culture, and their newest album, Let Love In all before they make another pit stop back home.

BuffaloRisingOnline: How do you enjoy the touring process in general?
Johnny Rzeznik: I like it. Sometimes it can be a little bit long. It’s nice to be working all summer and be outside at the same time. So far the tour has been going really really well.

BRO: Let Love In is the new album. Would you consider this your big comeback?
JR: No, I really don’t consider it a comeback. I just feel like it was my next record. We took a little time off between records. There were other things we wanted to do. We just have been together so long.

BRO: How did it feel releasing this album compared to your other ones?
JR: I feel like this record has a better chance than the last one.

BRO: Buffalo, NY is your hometown. Do you think Buffalo had a lot to do with your musical and lyrical style?
JR: Well, that’s why I went back to write the record. It definitely inspires me.

BRO: Do you think Buffalo is still a blue collar environment? You touched a little bit on this topic in your single, “Broadway”, which is off Dizzy Up The Girl.
JR: When I was growing up in Buffalo, it was very much a manufacturing place. Now it has gotten to be a little bit white collar. It doesn’t seem like there are a lot of manufacturing jobs in Buffalo. There is a certain sector that is, but not like it used to be.

BRO: Do you think it’s a weird time for rock music? It seems like rock music wants to make a comeback but never actually does.
JR: That’s because most of the people that are making rock music don’t have a chance to develop as artists. They get to make one record, maybe two, and then they’re obsolete. It’s kind of the state of radio too. Top 40 radio is leaning towards urban, so it’s harder for rock bands to get in there.

BRO: Do you think culture has an impact on music? Do you think the state of war will bring on more thought provoking music?
JR: I would hope so. More people are speaking out against the war because the poll numbers say you can. I think it is much safer territory to do it now than two years ago. I’m amazed at the past nine days alone how Israel and Lebanon have taken Iraq off the front page of the news. It’s like this corporate controlled media only wants us to focus on this one thing.

You can catch the Goo Goo Dolls tonight at Darien Lake with the Counting Crows.

« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2006, 5:40pm by Shannon » IP Logged

If you need help, please email me at [email protected]

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]