Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Suprised, indeed »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Suprised, indeed
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Suprised, indeed  (Read 1709 times)
RoadToSalinasGOO
Goo God

View Profile

Suprised, indeed
« on: May 3rd, 2006, 7:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Okay Okay, I'll admit it, I havent been hanging around the board as much, due to new living arrangements with my boyfriend, resulting in no Internet! But I do check back in when I get the opportunity, and I am sure that I am not stranger to most people here....that being said...

I went out and bought the cd as soon as it was released, and I have been Crazy about it.. I was a little nervous, as I never got real cozy with Gutterflower... but as soon as I put Let Love In, I knew that the goos had hit the nail on the head with this album, it sounds solid, honest, and just overall well done... it is my favourite.

But, I came on here today and I am so shocked at how many people were so disappointed in it...Are everyones views on this album all over the charts?

Let me know, I was so suprised at how alot of fans have taken this album... but the way I look at it... how could you honestly expect much different.. I think it is more toned down than Gutterflower, but more raw and true than DUTG....  

Anyways.. sorry for the rant, blurb.

-Alicia
IP Logged
collegeunm
Goo God

View Profile

Re: Suprised, indeed
« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2006, 8:51am »

I think that people were disappointed because they had high expectations for a cd that would sound like Jed or something and I think that if you have high expectations its easy for you to be disappointed when what you get is not necessarily what you expected (if that makes and sense).......I for one really enjoy the new cd.

Shannon
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2006, 9:58am by collegeunm » IP Logged
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 3rd, 2006, 9:45am »

I've really enjoyed this album too. The more I listen the more I love it  :love:
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

Kristinagoo
Dizzy

Its freezing in the corner of my mind

kristnamia
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 3rd, 2006, 9:46am »

I love it especially because I heard them do it live. I will admit I would have liked to hear some superstar type songs, but I still think it's a great album Smiley
IP Logged

JaniGoo

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 3rd, 2006, 9:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I love it - I think it's really good. Let Love In, Feel the Silence, We'll Be Here & Become are my favs.
IP Logged
pOGo
Dizzy

I'm Bored

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 3rd, 2006, 3:11pm »

overall the cd as a whole sounds pretty good.
i didn't expect a jed-like cd, but i think my problem with this album is that it lacks that one song that you listen to and say: "that's a hit".
just like when i heard slide on DUTG
or Big Machine on GF...

all of the songs are really good, catchy, solid and well produced, but non sounds like a hit to me...
let love in sounds close to one though...  
and cant let it go is catchy, but in more of a "movie soundtrack" way then a radio hit...

so, thats the problem with the album i think...
it lacks that hit quality...
that one song that sounds different then the rest and has a different sound that makes you go "wow, thats the one..."
IP Logged

People always think something's all true
carlyn
Goo God

You drown in deeper oceans Inventing new religions

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 3rd, 2006, 4:25pm »

I'm not disappointed.  I love it!
IP Logged
blessed_by_goo
Goo God

THE HOLY O movin thru my soul likea hurricane wind

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 4th, 2006, 8:30am »

I second that Shannon... The more I listen, The more I love it too. I think it is an album for the FANS.... the ones that have been here all along. The ones that KNOW what they are capable of. If I was trying to turn someone onto Goo it's not a CD I would pull out, not because it lacks GOOdness, but because it doesn't show the expansion of their talent. I would pull out ABNG or DUTG. This cd is a sit back and take it all in. and for that I respect them even MORE. They weren't apprehensive in putting it out there... THATS the Goo we all know and LOVE! Like John says if you don't like my music, then F*** you don't listen.....I second that notion!  

and to add.... I am VERY dissapointed in some of the people on the forums..... not because they express their opinion, but because of the way they are carrying on about EVERY LITTLE THING going wrong..... it's getting rediculous and they are looking very hypocritical in my eyes..... one day you love goo the next you find every little thing that goes wrong to bitch about.......shut the hell up already.... theses places are becoming a major downer toward my enjoyment of LETTING LOVE IN!
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2006, 8:35am by blessed_by_goo » IP Logged

Your luv is like a storm, I chase across the sky~

januaryfriend27
Goo God

Januaryfriend27
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: May 4th, 2006, 9:19am »

on May 4th, 2006, 8:30am, blessed_by_goo wrote:
I second that Shannon... The more I listen, The more I love it too. I think it is an album for the FANS.... the ones that have been here all along. The ones that KNOW what they are capable of. If I was trying to turn someone onto Goo it's not a CD I would pull out, not because it lacks GOOdness, but because it doesn't show the expansion of their talent. I would pull out ABNG or DUTG. This cd is a sit back and take it all in. and for that I respect them even MORE. They weren't apprehensive in putting it out there... THATS the Goo we all know and LOVE! Like John says if you don't like my music, then F*** you don't listen.....I second that notion!  

and to add.... I am VERY dissapointed in some of the people on the forums..... not because they express their opinion, but because of the way they are carrying on about EVERY LITTLE THING going wrong..... it's getting rediculous and they are looking very hypocritical in my eyes..... one day you love goo the next you find every little thing that goes wrong to bitch about.......shut the hell up already.... theses places are becoming a major downer toward my enjoyment of LETTING LOVE IN!

Couldnt have said it better  Wink
IP Logged

~*Angela Goo*~

-So I'll survive, god its good to be alive-
NeverFadeToGrey
I'm Addicted

And the black and white world never fades to grey

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: May 4th, 2006, 12:52pm »

i admit i was disappointed at first. it just didn't have that special whatever it is to it but t he more i listen to it the more i like it. although i still can't stand become to me it sounds like cheesy 80s power ballad.

let love in is my favorite song on the album.

i think a lot of people are disappointed because there aren't songs like long way down or naked on the album there are mostly slower songs.
IP Logged

http://www.geocities.com/neverfadetogrey/AAG.html
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]