Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « This week's weird Goo news... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   This week's weird Goo news...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: This week's weird Goo news...  (Read 2020 times)
nmf016
Thread Killer
Goo God

Slashephant

blurb900
View Profile

This week's weird Goo news...
« on: Jul 12th, 2005, 10:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

LENGTH: 842 words

HEADLINE: Clay Aiken - The Jukebox Summer Tour 2005;  
Highlights Songs From All Five Decades of the Rock Era

DATELINE: LOS ANGELES July 11

BODY:

LOS ANGELES, July 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Clay Aiken will rock the jukebox this summer as he sets out on a unique tour celebrating all five decades of the rock era, with songs your mother should know -- and your grandmother and kids, too.

The multi-platinum RCA Records recording artist will embark on the fifth tour of his career with something new. Not tied to a specific album, Aiken's latest live show will reach back to the '50s and '60s for the earliest hits of rock and roll, move into the '70s and '80s for songs from Aiken's childhood, and come all the way into the '90s and '00s for hits from modern times.

"I thought it would be cool to sing a bunch of covers, and relate to everybody," says Aiken. "There will be songs my mom likes and my grandparents like, and there are a lot of people who love the music of the '70s. I like the '80s, and we're going to have a lot of fun with songs from the '90s."  

The tour will include many songs that Aiken is already associated with, including Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and Neil Sedaka's "Solitaire." Aiken's versions of both songs charted in Billboard. There will also be a medley of Elvis Presley songs that spans the decades. Aiken will also sing the hits of everyone from Sam Cooke to Goo Goo Dolls.

This summer tour will have a unique feature, as those attending Clay's concerts will be encouraged to bring their cell phones and text messaging devices to participate in extracurricular show activities, through a program organized by Boomerang Mobile Media. Those attending will be able to send text messages to Clay backstage before each show and register to receive a post- show message from him. At many venues, attendees will be able to post their own text messages live, on screens in the venue. They will also have access to exclusive merchandise.

"This started out as a show just to have some fun with, and as I got more excited about singing these songs, it became a bigger show," explains Aiken. "It's a summer tour and the production will be simple because the real story is the music. It's a chance for people to remember where they were when they heard certain songs. I was born in 1978, but I love the music of the '50s and '60s and I know a lot of people do. We're going to have a lot of medleys in the show, including a doo-wop medley and one for all the great Motown hits. I made a prediction that everyone will be able to sing along to at least five songs, no matter when they grew up!"

The '00s section will include songs from Aiken's first album, the double-platinum "Measure of a Man," and will preview songs from his upcoming CD. Aiken is about to go into the studio to begin recording the new album.

Clay will perform three songs on ABC-TV's "Good Morning America" on July 29 as part of their outdoor Summer Concerts series. He will be singing from Bryant Park.

In connection with his "Good Morning America" appearance and the launch of his summer tour, Clay will be on the cover of the July 24 issue of TV Guide.

The summer tour will be Aiken's first since his successful "Joyful Noise" tour during the Christmas season of 2004. This year's tour will start July 28 in Tom River, NJ. Aiken will play in 25 cities, 26 shows with the tour concluding on September 1, 2005 in Atlantic City, NJ.

I personally am uneasy about this, yet very very curious.  We'll have to wait a few weeks to hear what song he does...
IP Logged
Sarah
I'm Addicted

View Profile

Re: This week's weird Goo news...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 12:25pm »

I like hearing other artists cover Goo! Their versions basically never compare to the original, but it's still cool in my books.

Kinda like when Avril sang Iris (with Johnny) and she didn't sound half bad! Infact, that song actually suited her voice (which is weak compared to most singers if you ask me.)

Wink
IP Logged

crazy4goo
Goo God

take what you need...take what you need...from me

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 12:32pm »

Hey I think that's great.  Clays got a good voice, he'll probably do allright.  It must be flattering to the Goos when someone wants to sing one of their songs :claps:

~Sherri
IP Logged

Dances with Goo

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 12:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Haha...weird Goo news indeed.

Clay...dude...don't even think about messin' with Domino.  

(That's a song your mother should know.)
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2005, 12:54pm by Dances_with_Goo » IP Logged
crazy4goo
Goo God

take what you need...take what you need...from me

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 1:16pm »

hahahaha, Clay singin' Domino.  ROTFLMAO !

My quess is he'll go with a safer song...like Black Balloon
IP Logged

goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 3:13pm »

oh my. . .this is something i will have to hear for myself before i even begin to pass judgement. . . Grin
IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

Johns_chick
Goo God

Best night of my life April 21,2006 i met Goo!!!!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 9:25pm »

That will definately be interesting Tongue
IP Logged

"All you can do is do what you're doing and keep asking yourself, 'Is this a) What I want to be doing, and b) Do I look like an idiot doing it?' If the answer to both questions is correct, on you go." Robby Takac
Linda
Goo God

"Feels so GOOd to be so bad...."

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 9:45pm »

*shudder* I can just imagine...  Shocked

He'll probably do Iris. I can't see him doing anything but a ballad-uh oh-what about 2 Days In February?! Or Acoustic #3? Here Is Gone?  

Be afraid. Be very afraid!  Grin
IP Logged

http://savecarnivale.blogspot.com/
Rock2J
Goo God

I'm a geek of my word

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 9:51pm »

on Jul 12th, 2005, 12:25pm, Sarah wrote:
I like hearing other artists cover Goo! Their versions basically never compare to the original, but it's still cool in my books.

Kinda like when Avril sang Iris (with Johnny) and she didn't sound half bad! Infact, that song actually suited her voice (which is weak compared to most singers if you ask me.)

Wink

My guess is that if they want to sing a Goo song, then they probably like it at least a bit. Which goes down fine with me.

I'm glad I won't have to hear it though. Anyone else singing Goo songs just sounds alien to me. As alien as a butcher trying to sew or vice versa.
IP Logged
RockStarCowgirl
Dizzy

"Everything u are, falls from the sky like a star"

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 11:13pm »

i love cover songs!

being in australia, havent heard anything from clay yet, but i've seen him and know he is the idol runner up, i would picture him doing something goo that is light and mainstream...

IP Logged

TOOMBUL INSTORE - Friday 4th October 2002
M-ONE BRISBANE - Saturday 5th October 2002

----

"Just one breath is a million sighs, I can tell every breath that you're breathing,
I can feel every thought that you're thinking,
We can talk til a thousand years go by... You and I..." (Runaway Run - HANSON).

~~~~~

"[You are] who you are because of where you have been." - SuzieGoo.

~~~~~~

"There's two things you need to learn how to say in life - thank you and f*ck you." - J Rzeznik.
-------
Matchbox Twenty, Goo Goo Dolls, Fuel, Hanson, Nickelback & Lifehouse. ---
ROCKSTARCOWGIRL ONLINE: http://www.rockstarcowgirl.i8.com
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]