Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « A 'Lazy Eye' question... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   A 'Lazy Eye' question...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A 'Lazy Eye' question...  (Read 900 times)
LazyEye
Naked

Be yourself.

View Profile WWW Email

A 'Lazy Eye' question...
« on: Feb 21st, 2005, 5:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys.

We 'all' know about John's writing block between the beating he took from critics when ’Name' became a hit, and when they recorded 'Iris’ in early -98.

But I've always wondered, where does Lazy Eye fit into it? This song was released in -97, after 'Name' became a hit (and subsequently attracted a lot of negative publicity form critics),  but it still came out before Iris (witch was in John’s opinion ‘the song that released him from his writing block). The song rock so tremendously!  

Do you guys think it was written and recorded before Name was released as a singe, and then released after 'Name' hit the charts (and therefore ‘escaped’ the writing block..)?

I've always wondered how John could've written such a masterpiece in is writing-block period...  

Is there anyone out there with some genuine insight in this subject willing to shed some light on the matter...

Peace Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2005, 7:09am by LazyEye » IP Logged
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

Re: A serious 'Lazy Eye' question...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 7:18am »

I honestly don't know when it was written but I do know that John has said, I believe in Behind the Music, that when you have writers block you continue writing but you think the things you've written aren't good enough. It's possible he wrote this at that time and Robby convinced him it was good enough...I don't know. I'm sure someone around here has more info.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

Re: A 'Lazy Eye' question...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 1:11pm »

on Feb 21st, 2005, 5:54am, LazyEye wrote:
Hey guys.

We 'all' know about John's writing block between the beating he took from critics when ’Name' became a hit, and when they recorded 'Iris’ in early -98.

But I've always wondered, where does Lazy Eye fit into this? This song was released in -97, after 'Name' became a hit (and subsequently attracted a lot of negative publicity form critics),  but it still came out before Iris (witch was in John’s opinion ‘the song that released him from his writing block). The song rock so tremendously!  

Do you guys think it was written and recorded before Name was released as a singe, and then released after 'Name' hit the charts (and therefore ‘escaped’ the writing block..)?

I've always wondered how John could've written such a masterpiece in is writing-block period...  

Is there anyone out there with some genuine insight in this subject willing to shed some light on the matter...

Peace Smiley

very interesting point, i've never thought about it that way.  Lazy Eye didn't get the attention that it deserves!  i mean, was it ever played live on tv other than at concerts?  if anyone has any info on it, i'd be very interested to hear. . . Grin

note to Goo:  bring back Lazy Eye for the next tour!  :rockin:
IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

aurora
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 7:54am »

isn't it possible that he wrote it earlier than or during the time he wrote the songs for a boy named goo, never recorded it, and then when asked to contribute a song to the batman soundtrack he pulled it out and tweaked it a bit?  i'm sure he has many songs he's never recorded or even made demos of.  

just a thought.
IP Logged
gooberrygirl
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 1:27pm »

since we're on the topic of lazy eye I think I'll ask my question...does anyone know what the cube Johnny is holding says? I've got 5 things so far: Home, Health, Heart, Have, Hope...there's one point where I stopped the vid and it looks like FRNAI but that's not a word lol I can't figure out what it says and then there's a point where it looks like tiny writing and John is covering it with his fingers. It looks like "fail" but I dunno for sure  Huh
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]