Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « The all star NBA thingy...info...   »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   The all star NBA thingy...info...  
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The all star NBA thingy...info...    (Read 567 times)
Eva
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

The all star NBA thingy...info...  
« on: Feb 10th, 2005, 10:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i got this from the goo people...

DESTINY'S CHILD
COUNTRY MUSIC STARS LEANN RIMES AND BIG & RICH
TO HEADLINE ENTERTAINMENT DURING THE
 2005 NBA ALL-STAR GAME

-NBA All-Star 2005 To Celebrate Denver All-Star Experience With
Country Music Inspired Halftime Show--

-- Kelly Clarkson and the Goo Goo Dolls to Perform During
 All-Star Saturday Night --

NEW YORK, February  2005 -  Destiny's Child, one of the biggest-selling female groups of all time, will join Grammy Award-winning superstar LeAnn Rimes and genre busting country duo Big & Rich as performers during the 2005  NBA All-Star Game. The All-Star Game from Denver will be televised on February 20 at 8:00 PM (ET) on TNT, Rogers Sportsnet in Canada and heard on ESPN Radio and in several languages on NBA.com.  The festivities will be televised to a global audience reaching 214 countries.

Destiny's Child will perform the player introductions of the East and West All-Star teams highlighting their hits "Lose My Breath" and "Soldier."  The Grammy Award winning group is back after a three-year hiatus to pursue solo recordings.  Destiny's Fulfilled, their multi-platinum selling album has maintained a Top 10 spot among Billboard's Top 200 albums chart since its release in 2004.

The country music inspired halftime will feature singing phenomenon LeAnn Rimes performing "Nothin 'Bout Love Makes Sense" from her newly released album This Woman, which was the #3 biggest selling album in the country, and the #2 best-selling country album on Billboard's Country Albums Chart.  Breakthrough artists Big & Rich, who are nominated for a Grammy Award this year for Best Country Performance for a Duo or Group, will entertain fans with "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" and "Rollin' (The Ballad of Big & Rich)" from their multi-platinum debut album Horse of a Different Color.  

As part of the All-Star Saturday Night festivities, recording artist Kelly Clarkson will sing her chart-topping single "Since U Been Gone" from her sophomore release Breakaway,while one of America's great rock 'n' roll  bands the Goo Goo Dolls will perform their number one hit on Billboard's Adult Top 40,  "Give A Little Bit" from their platinum selling CD/DVD Live in Buffalo July 4th 2004.  All-Star Saturday Night will be televised on February 19 at 8:30 PM (ET) on TNT and will feature in order: the RadioShack Shooting Stars, PlayStation Skills Challenge, Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout and Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk competitions.

NBA All-Star 2005 in Denver will present a week of activities that will showcase the greatest athletes in the world playing basketball at the highest level on an international stage, and will display the league's deep commitment to its community. During the week, the NBA will conduct various interactive fan events such as NBA All-Star Jam Session, an interactive basketball theme park for fans of all ages taking place at the Colorado Convention Center.
IP Logged
girlnamedgrace
Dizzy

He's the stone fox......

View Profile

Re: The all star NBA thingy...info...  
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 4:33am »

One of Americas great Rock and Roll band?  
Americas greatest Rock and Roll band!! lol Wink

Thats great news!
IP Logged

Our Goo,
who art in Buffalo,hallowed be thy 'name,'
Thy concerts gone to,thy cds bought,in Europe as they are in America,
Give us this day our daily goo and forgive us for liking other bands,
just as we forgive those who do not appriciate good goo, lead us not into temptation,with your hair and toxic songs,
Ah, men!!!
JohnnysValentine
Goo God

LS3041   Lauren3540
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 7:46am »

I agree...not one of the best, the ABSOLUTE best rock band in America!!!

Lauren
IP Logged
blessed_by_goo
Goo God

THE HOLY O movin thru my soul likea hurricane wind

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 11:27am »

This is great news can't wait to watch it. Thanks for the update Eva. I might actually get to watch this one without my husband pissin and moanin. He loves sports.
IP Logged

Your luv is like a storm, I chase across the sky~

UpYours
Dizzy

The Normal

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 3:38am »

Give a Little Bit is cool and all, but I wish they were playing a different song.   Oh well, any Goo is good Goo.
IP Logged
howGOOdamI
Goo God

Broadway is dark tonight!

misschrissytina   momtoknm
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 8:19am »

It'll be televised on the 20th?  I thought it originally said the 19th?  Or is that when the game actually is?  

The 19th is my sister's wedding, so I'll need to know whether I have to set up a tape or not LOL
IP Logged

Christina....

Please be my friend! http://www.myspace.com/misschrissytina

american_girl
I'm Addicted

rzezniksrose
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Feb 13th, 2005, 11:31am »

the actual all star game will be televised on the 20th, the All Star Jam that the Goos are on is going to be aired on the 19th..
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]