Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Buffalo here I come... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Buffalo here I come...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Buffalo here I come...  (Read 4363 times)
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

Buffalo here I come...
« on: Jan 28th, 2005, 9:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

...well, maybe... Wink

As you are all aware, the Goo tour this year may in fact be their last...ok I know it's bad to listen to rumours but the fact that this one is floating around has made me deicide that THIS is the year I have to see the Goos live. Been a fan for about five years now and I've never seen them...I didn't know about the 2002 London gig until after it happened  Roll Eyes So I'm thinking in terms of coming to America to see 'em.  

Now, my birthday is in March (I'll be 20) and yesterday my mum asked what I wanted for my birthday. So I braced myself and asked her to book me a flight to NY...

In the first instance she went NUTS. ("You are NOT serious? It's only a concert! It's ridiculous to go to America just for a concert...") and even wanted me to vouch for Robby, John and Mike's characters (She wanted to know if they were "nice boys"  Roll Eyes Ha. My mum would call fully grown men 'boys'... Roll Eyes ) Overall her reply was "No chance, forget NY, you're not going."

BUT.... Grin  

Today she phoned me back, and said that IF I was going anyway (which I am) and IF the concert meant that much to me (which it does) then she would see what she could do...she even mentioned the possibility of coming with me (To NY, not the Goo show...although my mum at a Goo show would be pretty darn funny)

My mum doesn't really approve of rock music in general, but when I explained to her how important it was to me to go to a Goo show THIS SUMMER and how I might never have the chance again, and how they're the best band in the whole world, she was quite good about it. After the initial incredulous outburst, that is  Wink

So the dream is one step closer than it was this time yesterday...aaaah I am SO excited.  Grin It's all I want...I will never ask for anything again from the powers that be if I can just do this one thing.  

And I've never been to America before either  Grin
IP Logged

Saz_Goo
Goo God

If I could paint in harmony... :D

View Profile WWW

Re: Buffalo here I come...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 10:18am »

THAT'S SO COOL!!!! :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

I am insanely jealous. That is all. Grin
IP Logged

Visit here to see all my animations --->http://www.sarahhale.co.uk

"Went to sleep at home and woke up in a shed..." ~ Out Of The Red
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 11:13am »

on Jan 28th, 2005, 10:18am, Saz_Goo wrote:
THAT'S SO COOL!!!! :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

I am insanely jealous. That is all. Grin

Come with me  Grin Then you'll not have to be jealous.

And you know that I'll need someone to hold me back if I happen to see Robby at any point during this trip, so you can be on holding-Lea-back-standby. Ya know, just in case   Wink

But to be serious for a second...

It'll be more fun if I have another crazed Goo fan with me, and you're certainly crazed enough  Tongue Maybe we should get organised and make it into a big thing...UK fans go to NY en mass to see Goo. That would be pretty funky....  

:daydream:
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2005, 5:33am by Lea » IP Logged

Helengoo
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 12:24pm »

Ok I know I've been working alot & have been out of the loop...but what concert are you guys talking about... is there one coming up soon??Please tell me cause my b-day is also in March & it just may have to be my present,lol...

Ok nevermind got all excited over nothing...I reread the posts & found my answer...forgive my stupidity... work is getting to my brain...
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2005, 12:28pm by Helengoo » IP Logged

Me (on the left) & my cousin Holly with you know who, lol

favoritegoo
Naked

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 2:43pm »

WELL IF YOU WEN TOGETHER, YOU COULD CERTAINLY SHARE SOME OF THE COSTS! Grin

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US INFORMED!
IP Logged
howGOOdamI
Goo God

Broadway is dark tonight!

misschrissytina   momtoknm
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 4:30pm »

OK, first of all...please note that I'm using my 501st post to reply to you.  This is a HUGE one, as it will turn me into a Goo God.  I am SUPER excited about this one.

Second, how freaking amazing for your mom to be cool enough to send you to the US to see a show.  Rock on, Mom!  (Or is it Mum?)

Third, if you come to NY I MUST meet you.  Your posts have made me laugh and I think you must be a pretty cool girl.  Only I can't promise to hold you back from Robby, cuz...well...you just have to squish him.  He's way too cute.  lol

And...if you come to NYC...that's even better, since I live right near there.   Grin  

LOL
IP Logged

Christina....

Please be my friend! http://www.myspace.com/misschrissytina

SunShowerSharon
Goo God

sharon_scinta   NEWYORKSHARONN
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 4:58pm »

If you come to Buffalo I would love to meet you too.
Love your posts and you seem really cool. I hope you are able to make it. Buffalo is a wonderful city. Let me know when the time comes. If I hear anything regarding them coming to this area I will let you know.

Sharon
IP Logged

“It’s better to regret something you DID than to regret something you DIDN'T do”

Billy Joe Armstrong ~ Green Day
pOGo
Dizzy

I'm Bored

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 5:39pm »

take...me...with...you... Shocked
I was born in the US...and I've haven't visited their since I left! It's tragical!

you're so lucky! NY is awesome...you'll love it...
but ya know..the goo's will probably have a European tour for this album...and they'll probably get to London...
wow...goo's in london...that would be great for me... Roll Eyes
IP Logged

People always think something's all true
Emily
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 6:57pm »

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! that is so awesome!!!!
ooh and you could go see last conservative too!! lol.
I wish i was going..... i made a similar sort of deal with my mum, but it takes place around the end of next year or start of 07. when i've finished school  Sad

you're gonna have so much fun lea!!!!!!!!  Wink
IP Logged

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 6:10am »

lol Helengoo, don't worry about it, it happens to the best of us!  Wink No, I wasn't talking about a specific concert but I figured it would be a safe bet that when they tour there'd be a show in or around Buffalo, and if I was gonna go to the US I might as well go the whole nine yards and go to one of their hometown gigs  Smiley

This is getting increasingly complicated now, lol. A girl I know from another site who I recently converted to Goo is talking about coming with me, lol...before you know it I'll have amassed an army...Buffalo won't know what hit it!

howGOOdamI - Haha, I appreciate you using your precious 501st post to reply to me  Cheesy Congrats on becoming a Goo God! I'm not that far behind you, being the shameless posting-**** that I am!  

Well my mum (it is 'mum' being British, not 'mom' Wink ) doesn't really understand being this crazy over a band, but she knows it means a lot to me and she's just trying to make me happy...my parents are pretty decent really. My dad's really eager for me to go too. But maybe he just wants to get rid of me LOL

And...people LIKE my posts? Ha, sure you're not thinking of someone else?! Think you must have me mixed up with another user... Wink Someone whose posts actually have a POINT. lol.  

From what I hear, it would be Robby squishing ME...I hope he's not too enthusiastic, lol, I'm small and defenceless!    

pOGo you can come too! The more the merrier!  Grin

What part of the US were you born in?  

It would be cool if the Goos did come here...but I'm trying to plan for every eventuality. Besides, I'd RATHER go to NY  Wink If I could stay a while and see some of the sights that would be tooooo cool...I guess it's pretty easy to get to see the falls if you're in Buffalo, right?

Yeah Emily, I'd love to go see some Good Charamel bands while I was there, that would just be TOO COOL.  

You Buffalonians would have to give me the names of all the cool places to hang out in Buffalo...and all the Goo sites to check out...  Grin
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]