Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Please read... »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Please read...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Please read...  (Read 3281 times)
Eva
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

Please read...
« on: Jan 27th, 2005, 8:14pm »

now that i've had time to piece together things here over the time i was been gone... i wanted to say a few things...

nr and i apparently have different views on how a board should be run.. Undecided   i'm sorry if some people stopped posting here and felt that they were treated badly... i'm sorry i wasn't here to help, but there isn't much i can do about that. i want to thank all the people that stuck it out here and have been supportive... tried to be mature about everything. i honestly don't know what to say to those that blew a gasket. Undecided  

nr banned several people... i don't know what ip addresses he banned and he can't remember. if you're banned... you need to email me if you want back on. .. i don't know who all you are and why you got banned.

i plan on getting someone to help out around here other than nr... so if you're interested, get in touch with me. i'm still struggling with myself and i don't want to get too heavy into the drama cause i can't handle it yet.  

enough from my dumbass... thanks for reading.. :grouphug:
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2005, 8:16pm by Eva » IP Logged
nr599

Email

Re: Please read...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 11:20pm »

Why do you plan on getting more
moderators? I can delete and shut
the fuck up at the same time, you know
I was doing it before
Shouldn't you be consulting me prior
to making these decisions or something?
IP Logged
True2Goo
Goo God

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 5:14am »

Hey Eva, It's not worth it to get yourself all wrapped up in what happened in the past. It's done and it's over. Take care of you!  :thumbsup:
IP Logged

"You're not out to impress anyone. If you set goals to impress others than you can never truely make yourself happy." ~ John Rzeznik
Scubagirl

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 9:25am »

It's good to see you back and posting again.  The board will return to normal in time.  There's a new CD in the making.  When it's released and a new tour starts fans will post more.
IP Logged
lara
Naked

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 9:57am »

Eva can't you just get rid of nr599 altogether? Just wondering  Huh
IP Logged
januaryfriend27
Goo God

Januaryfriend27
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 12:05pm »

Hey Eva

I remember you being here when I first joined years ago, but I kind of stayed in the background for a while so I never really got to know you very well. However, being in the background, I saw that you were so awesome at running this board. You did the best you could, and you made sure that we were still kept alive during ur leave.  

Yea, there were problems, but ya know what, its in the past. Those who stuck it out dealt with it and moved on. Who knew that nr would run things differently? I hope that due to the previous events, that doesnt cause you to jump back into the board too soon. You do what ever you feel comforatble doing.  

As far as moderators go, am I able to voice an opinion here?? I hope I can, because I am going to.  

I have been at this board for quite a few years now, and I loved it here. When all the chaos started, I still stuck around because I love this board....its like a family...everyone is so nice and welcoming and we all love the same thing! So when nr came and things started turning upside down, yes it was hard. I think that maybe different moderators would help get things back to normal, but that nr did what he did and should still be allowed at the board.  

I know that maybe its not my place to say anything at all, but i figured it was worth a shot.
IP Logged

~*Angela Goo*~

-So I'll survive, god its good to be alive-
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 3:16pm »

I sent you a PM Smiley

I also want to say briefly, before everyone starts attacking nr, that he is a VERY good friend of Eva's and has been a tireless support to her. I think that given the stressors in their lives ... he did the best he could this past year. Board members may not have agreed with his methods but given everything else ... he managed the best he could at the time.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2005, 3:44pm by ShanGooFan » IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

Eva
Goo God

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 4:39pm »

nr doesn't want to manage the board anymore... he thinks he's not cut out for it and we don't agree on some things... it's just making us argue and we don't want do that... we like to have fun instead. he'll still have moderator power as a back up for me that i know personally. he'll be like MFC.  

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2005, 7:31pm by Eva » IP Logged
gooneygoogoo
Goo God

Give A Little Bit

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 4:56pm »

Surprised to see you came back? Cool
IP Logged
Philly_Goo
Goo God

God it's good to be alive!

ReginaWCPA
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 29th, 2005, 10:45pm »

Eva, first & foremost...please take care of yourself.   Wink  I am VERY, VERY happy to see you back on the board :claps:
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]