Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « in celebration of friends & family on my BD »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   in celebration of friends & family on my BD
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: in celebration of friends & family on my BD  (Read 1091 times)
american_girl
I'm Addicted

rzezniksrose
View Profile WWW

in celebration of friends & family on my BD
« on: Jan 24th, 2005, 2:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This year, as a matter of fact, this day, I turned 41.  A week and a half ago, I committed myself to do a few things this year.  One of them is to lose weight and become a healthier person, the second was to commit to what I am calling the “Ultimate Road Trip”.

I know that some of you are thinking that I have put in plenty of miles of road trips already in the past couple of years with my friend Wendy, and indeed that is true.  But this is different, for both of us.  For once it doesn’t involve the love of a band, but rather the love for friends acquired through the bands we love, and for family members who have fought brave battles against a disease that takes many prisoners.

The brave women I walk in personal celebration of are my friends Nilla, a five year survivor and yet another who was diagnosed and began treatments last spring. These two young women were brought into my circle through our mutual love of music, I dare say we might not have ever found each other if not for that.
My grandmother Dorothy, a 14 year survivor, my aunt Barbara, a 10 year survivor, my late great-grandmother Augusta, and my honorary grandmother Irene, a 5 year survivor along with Lori, a fellow member of the animal care team at Disney’s Animal Kingdom close out my personal 7.

As I am soon to embark on the greatest “road trip” of my life, I ask you all, as friends, family and fans of great music, and even some of you that have inspired me with your own music, to join me in support of a cause I truly believe in.

The ULTIMATE road trip is about to begin.  For three days in October, I will walk 60 miles in the beautiful city of Tampa Bay, FL to raise money for the fight against breast cancer.  Wendy will be with me as a member of the road crew. She will be there for moral support and ultimately be my roadie, responsible for getting my gear from point A to point B while I am walking.

I know I can count on you for your support, as all of you are, or have, sisters, girlfriends, wives and mothers who are all possibly at risk for being stricken by this disease. One out of 8 women (about 200,000 yearly) will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime, 40 thousand of them will lose the fight.  

Please help me help the Susan G. Komen Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust to find a cure.  I am required as a participant to raise $2100, but I have chosen a goal of $3000, and I know with your help I can reach and possibly surpass that.

If there is someone whose life and fight you’d like to honor or celebrate with your donation, please email me [email protected] and I will wear a special ribbon during the walk to commemorate them.

Thank you for your support and God Bless all of you!

Rose

link to my personal donation page:

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=61812&li s=0&kntae61812=4DDDC60F130E420FBA73A20DAED29FD3&supId=16601516

All net proceeds go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust funding important breast cancer research, education, screening, and treatment.
IP Logged

magoo1516
I'm Addicted

"I'm building a BRAIN in my BASEMENT." ~John

View Profile

Re: in celebration of friends & family on my B
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 2:22pm »

Rose,  
I remember you generously donating to me last year and so I'm returning the favor.  Please make sure you train!  I didn't an thus wasn't able to complete the walk.  I'm still debating if I'll give it another try this year.  If you have any questions about the walk or training, please IM me! Even though I couldn't finish, it was still an incredible experience and I made my fundraising goal.  
Good luck!
(oh, I still have the outline for the "Goo Fan for Boobs" shirt I wore last year if you want it. )
IP Logged

"I'm not perfect, I dont give a f*ck. You're not perfect, and I STILL dont give a f---." JR
ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 12:29pm »

Rose, I will make a pledge too. I've never done this before so let me know what I have to do.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

american_girl
I'm Addicted

rzezniksrose
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 6:21pm »

thank you both... Shannon, just go to the link above, it takes you to my personal donation page, you can do it online or print out a donation form...
if you have someone in mind that you want to honor or celebrate you can email me or let me know here and I will wear a special ribbon to commemorate them...  
Smiley
IP Logged

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 8:36pm »

on Jan 25th, 2005, 6:21pm, american_girl wrote:
thank you both... Shannon, just go to the link above, it takes you to my personal donation page, you can do it online or print out a donation form...
if you have someone in mind that you want to honor or celebrate you can email me or let me know here and I will wear a special ribbon to commemorate them...  
Smiley

Thanks. Is there any kind of deadline, etc.?
IP Logged

~Shannon~

"Music means to me.. ah...breathing. It's a heartbeat, it's rythm and it's passion. It's therapy. It's .... breathing". ~Keith Urban~

american_girl
I'm Addicted

rzezniksrose
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 2:59am »

online donations are accepted unil the beginning of Sept, mail ins until August for it to count toward my goal.
IP Logged

ShanGooFan
Goo God

Goo Goo Dolls Rock!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 11:27am »

Cool. Then I have time to save a little money here and there. If you don't see my name on the list right away ... just remind me closer to the deadline...sometimes I forget.
IP Logged

~Shannon~

american_girl
I'm Addicted

rzezniksrose
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 5:28pm »

Shannon,  
I received the packet today.
mail in deadline is August 30th and online deadline is Sept 22nd.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]