Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « New Album »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   New Album
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Album  (Read 3285 times)
TomOAus
Up, Up, Up

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: New Album
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I love the months leading up to the new album, like when you find out the name of the new album and what the new single will be called. I remember hearing here is gone for the first time, i had such high expectations and here is gone completely blew me away, its still my favourite song.
I couldnt stop listening to it
IP Logged
Emily
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 5:55am »

on Jan 23rd, 2005, 6:12pm, Saz_Goo wrote:

LOL, you sound like one of my housemates. Roll Eyes He watched LIB the other day and groaned loudly whenever Robby sang, and told me that it's a shame John hadn't gone solo already, because he could be "really successful".

Personally i dont think i'd ever be as much of a fan of just john rzeznik as i am of the goo goo dolls. The only reason i even got into goo is because of robbys songs. Actually without robbys stuff i doubt i'd own more than one goo cd. but thats just me.

anyway, I cant wait for their new cd......!!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2005, 6:01am by Emily » IP Logged

Sarah
I'm Addicted

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 8:57am »

I don't think this will be their last album, I'm holding out hope that it isn't. I remember when people were saying that about Gutterflower...  

They're doing too well to just up and quit. Although I suppose we'll have to wait and see how the commercial success of the next album pans out. But I still don't think this'll be the end.

IP Logged

buffalowing43
Up, Up, Up

buffalowing43   sabrefan374
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 9:06am »

well gutterflower only went gold after dizzy up the girl went triple platinum and boy named goo went platinum (i think) so i get the sense that if the next album gets the same sales numbers as Gutterflower they might decide to hang it up. I personally don't want them to keep making albums if theyre laboring to reach gold status beacuase in a way it could tarnish their legacy as a band that kept playing even when they shouldnt have. Might as well go out on top.  

i think this statement came out as more anti-goo than i meant it to be but i hope y'all knows what i mean
IP Logged

you're all i'm not. but i don't need what you ain't got.
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 2:31pm »

I hope this isn't their last album. But I fear it might be... Undecided

Saz, your housemate is lucky that I'm not there! Wink My ex-boyfriend used to Robby-bash all the time...anytime I would play the Goos and he heard Robby sing he would ask me "So why don't they just get rid of that guy?"  

Get rid of Robby?  Shocked How DARE he?! Sacrilege... Angry

I don't think he liked Robby's voice. I have no idea why...I think his voice is great. I guess some people just don't get it... Roll Eyes  

I agree that a compilation of all their videos would be great...but at the cost of the band breaking up? I don't need the videos THAT bad!  

Emily, I'm with you by the way...I'm a big fan of the rockier style of Robby's songs and I could see Rzeznik going more down the ballad kinda route...which I personally wouldn't like as much...Meh.
IP Logged

UpYours
Dizzy

The Normal

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 10:19pm »

I really hope they make a 180 degree turn and write some more stuff in the style of the old records.  I have nothing against the new ones, but I'd like to hear some good rock tunes, rather than acoustic ballads again.  Robby is one of the best bassists recording music today, and if he went, then the band wouldn't be the Goo Goo Dolls anymore.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2005, 10:21pm by UpYours » IP Logged
Emily
Dizzy

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 5:46am »

on Jan 24th, 2005, 10:19pm, UpYours wrote:
Robby is one of the best bassists recording music today, and if he went, then the band wouldn't be the Goo Goo Dolls anymore.

damn straight.  
IP Logged

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 7:36am »

on Jan 24th, 2005, 10:19pm, UpYours wrote:
Robby is one of the best bassists recording music today, and if he went, then the band wouldn't be the Goo Goo Dolls anymore.

UpYours, tellin' it like it is...  Cheesy
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]