Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
The World of Goo Boards « Most memorable moment »

The World of Goo Boards
   Goo Goo Dolls
   Goo Goo Dolls
(Moderators: Shannon, Adela)
   Most memorable moment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Most memorable moment  (Read 4974 times)
FizzyGoo
Goo God

"Wow...My Face is a Foot." -J. Rzeznik, 7.25.03

AttitudinalFizz
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Most memorable moment
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 1:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The one time I met them was at a meet-and-greet at Best Buy in NYC, so it was really rushed, but hey, it was still one of the best moments of my life.

We had gone to see them at the Today show earlier that day, so I had a sign that said "You're the closest to Heaven that I'll ever be and I don't wanna go home to DIGHTON, MA" (which is where I'm from, duh) and I brought it with me for them to autograph.

So I got up close to them and almost died (of course) and Johnny read the poster and said in the most sincere voice "Thank you for being here". Here they were, spending their entire day signing autographs for hundreds of fans, and he's thanking ME for being there! It just meant so much to me.

So yeah I shook their hands and chatted EXTREMELY briefly and went on my way. I hope some day I'll actually get to talk to them for real, but for now I can settle with my happy memorable moment.  Grin
IP Logged

There are but two different kinds of people in this world: Those who love Goo, and those who are infinitely stupid.
howGOOdamI
Goo God

Broadway is dark tonight!

misschrissytina   momtoknm
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 1:57pm »

Rogue,  

You'd not burst into tears.  In my experiences meeting the guys they are always so humble and gracious that you don't even feel like you are talking to a "rock star".

Funny quick story:

When I met John the first time, I only had my ticket for him to sign.  Now, I'd already had Robby and Mike sign the FRONT of the ticket, but as I'm mesmerized by John's beauty (hey, I said they were humble but he's friggin gorgeous) John signs the BACK of the ticket.  So, I glance at it and say "OMG YOU RUINED IT!!"  So, he looks at me, all confused like, and says, "I ruined it? How?"  So, I say "robby and mike signed the front but now you went and signed the back! How in the world am I going to display that?"  So he says "well, HOW?  There's no ROOOOM on the front!"  LOL So I just click my tongue and say "yes, yes there is! see? right here in this spot!"  So John clicks HIS tongue, takes my ticket back and signs JUST where I told him.  Then he gave me a huge hug and kiss, so there ya go. LOL  My friend was like "I cannot believe you just bitched at John Rzeznik"  

Whoops...long post...sorry!!  Grin
IP Logged

Christina....

Please be my friend! http://www.myspace.com/misschrissytina

blessed_by_goo
Goo God

THE HOLY O movin thru my soul likea hurricane wind

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 6:51pm »

Holy ....ing shit I can't believe you did that. That is so friggin funny. I bet he carries that one with him as well. I'm cramped with laughter, wipin eyes here. That was a cool moment though!!! and your right they are so mellow....about everything. They're a BIG band that still thinks small. I mean that in the sense that they havn't let it all goto their heads. On Buffalo they even say during commentary...holy shit we almost sound professional. I was thinkin to myself um, hello....when you pack in a crowd that big  I would say that um I think your professional now....what abunch of goobers. LOL
IP Logged

Your luv is like a storm, I chase across the sky~

Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 10:40am »

on Jan 18th, 2005, 1:57pm, howGOOdamI wrote:
Rogue,  

You'd not burst into tears.  In my experiences meeting the guys they are always so humble and gracious that you don't even feel like you are talking to a "rock star".

I completely believe you about them being humble and really cool guys...but I think just SEEING them in the flesh would be enough to elicit some kind of cringingly fangirlish response from me, like the tears for instance...or maybe just temporary inability to speak *imagines herself staring open-mouthed at the Goos, in awe, while the Goos get increasingly freaked out...* LOL

Or else I'd just make an idiot out of myself somehow...I have this morbid fear of looking stupid in front of them, and being 'the girl that made an idiot of herself in front of Robby'...I couldn't live with being that girl!  Embarassed

Heh, I loved your story, howGOOdamI, it made me laugh so much...you obviously weren't too 'mesmerised' by Johnny to speak your mind! Hehheh. You're right of course, Johnny is LUDICROUSLY beautiful. I speak from a position of total objectivity, since for some strange reason he doesn't do anything for me. (I know  Shocked odd, isn't it?!)  

Ha, they said that? they 'almost sound professional'?? Aw, bless 'em! HOW many records have you guys sold? It may be hard for you to believe, but you DO sound professional, boys!  Wink  

Sorry for going all off topic on you, blessed_by_goo. If I had a story I'd share it, but sadly I have no story... Cry
IP Logged

blessed_by_goo
Goo God

THE HOLY O movin thru my soul likea hurricane wind

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 2:18pm »

Thats ok Rogue....alot of us don't. I guess you could say I'm either a sucker for pain for starting the thread or I'm tryin to live thru everyone else! BUT I will say I KNOW their are alot of stories out there and sadly noones sharing.  Cry Even that quicky meet ya had he or they musta said SOMETHING!!! C'mon people tell me pLeAsE...     I'll be ya best friend...    hehehe  I live in Maine for cryin out loud ...                
  I     N   E   E   D     T   H   E   S   E  !!!!!
IP Logged

Your luv is like a storm, I chase across the sky~

goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 4:25pm »

all of my Goo concerts were memorable, but this is the one that sticks out in my mind.  Rockford, IL. . .

me and my sis Tiff waited outside after the concert for like an hour and got to meet 'em!  met Mike for the first time, he was really quiet and Rzeznik and Robby for the second.  this story is really long, so i'm giving to an extremely shortened version.

Robby first:   finally gets to me and my Tiff, took a quick second to remember us from inside and say it with me now, "lunged and grabbed."  Key words: lunged and grabbed.  Didn't say a word, he just got us both in this huge bear hug shouting, "God bless you girls!"  I was completely shocked!  Now, me and Tiff are pretty damn tall, now add about 3 inches of cement, (Robby is standing on the road, we're on the sidewalk) and he literally pulled us down to him and squeezed!  So we squeezed back and he was like, "You girls rock!"  I don't remember exactly what was said after that but I asked him to sign my Goo purse i had made, said, "I'd love to," and put little antennas on his head.  Then he grabbed me in another hug!  His hand was right in between my shoulder blades and he was squeezing so I squeezed back, then he squeezed harder.  let me tell ya, it kinda hurt, but it was Robby so i can forgive. . .Then he pressed his face to mine (he was sweaty and a bit scruffy) and gave me a kiss right below my ear and again said, "God bless you!"  Then he did the exact same thing to Tiff.  She said he squeezed so hard, she thought she might choke!  Tiff said it best:  Robby wants to kill you with love.  

Now, Rzeznik is making his way down the line to us and was giving out some hugs, but I am way too shy to even consider asking for one.  So, he signs this woman's Gutterflower cover and she asks for a hug.  Then her husband has nothing for him to sign so he's like, "Aww, do you want a hug, too?!"  And the guy is like, "No, that's ok."  So, in my head I'm thinking, "Dude, I'll take his hug!" and the next thing I know, the words were out of my mouth!  Rzeznik just looked at me and started laughing and turned to the guy and was like, "Give me a fucking hug!"  He gave him a big 'ol hug and security Mike was like, "Ok, that's enough of the man love!"  Too funny.  When he gets to me, he's all smiles and, "Hi, how you doing?"  He signs my purse, I told him thanks and thought that was it, but then he said, "Well, do I get a hug?"  So I'm like, "Hell yeah!"  I didn't even have to ask, he asked me!  That made it all the more special.  As if he needs to ask, right guys? Then he says, "thank you" after the hug.  

there is alot more to this story so if ya get bored and want to read it, check it out here:  

http://deepfriedboot.tripod.com/id444.htm

got some pics too. . . Grin

IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

howGOOdamI
Goo God

Broadway is dark tonight!

misschrissytina   momtoknm
View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 4:57pm »

Mandy, I love your site AND your storytelling abilities.  Just so's you know.

And, i love this thread.  Fun reading about all these "moments".

IP Logged

Christina....

Please be my friend! http://www.myspace.com/misschrissytina

googirl28
Dizzy

googirl28  
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 5:24pm »

:woohoo: WOW!!!!!!!   That is all I can say.  I don't know what I would do if I ever meet them.   However, I am on a mission to do so.   I can't wait until tour time again.   I am sooooooo jealous of you guys!!!!!!! :daydream:

:thumbsup:
IP Logged
Lea
Goo God

RogueUK

Lea32R
View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 5:58pm »

on Jan 20th, 2005, 4:25pm, goober_1013 wrote:
there is alot more to this story so if ya get bored and want to read it, check it out here:  

http://deepfriedboot.tripod.com/id444.htm

got some pics too. . . Grin

I can't believe some girl licked Rzeznik's dimple!  Shocked
IP Logged

goober_1013
Goo God

House, MD

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 8:45pm »

on Jan 20th, 2005, 5:58pm, RogueUK wrote:

I can't believe some girl licked Rzeznik's dimple!  Shocked

oh yes she did!  and that is a sight burned into my memory. . .so jealous. . .that girl has got more nerve than i ever will. . . Grin
IP Logged

UPDATED July 10th, 2006
www.members.tripod.com/deepfriedboot

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Off Topic Board

Goo Goo Dolls Board

If you need to email...[email protected] or [email protected]
Attachments are never sent out with these email addresses.

The World of Goo Boards » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

[MFC]